more ยป" />

Not the Same

by Meghann on June 16, 2010

After getting my booty kicked at my first kickboxing class last month, I couldn’t wait to take the class again after work this afternoon. I’ve been meaning to take another kick boxing class since my first stab at it, but life and hot yoga got in the way. This is the first Wednesday I could squeeze the class and I couldn’t wait to take advantage of it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I fueled up before class with Fig Newtons. Yes, Fig Newtons are fuel. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Unfortunately tonight’s class was not the same. ๐Ÿ™

There was a different instructor and she just didn’t pump me like the first guy did. Booo…. I didn’t feel pushed and I didn’t even sweat. Kick boxing #fail.

I learned my lesson – no two fitness instructors are ever the same.

My gym lists which instructors are teaching what classes online, so next time I’m in the mood to kick box I will just have to check online and make sure my favorite teacher is teaching. I promise you – I will not be returning to any class tonight’s instructor teaches. She was just soooo boring. Blah.

After class I pulled out some meat-less crumbles that randomly ended up in my cart on Sunday.

I’ve never tried meat-less crumbles before and I guess I was feeling adventurous when I bought them? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I started with the crumbles and some onions.

Then added kale, salsa, and mushrooms to the mix.

The perfect burrito filling.

Yes, that’s a cheese stick. I do what I want! ๐Ÿ˜‰

More Salsa + Plain Yogurt on top ๐Ÿ˜‰

Served with steamed broccoli.

The burrito was perfect. The meat-less crumbles were actually really tasty – I would never have been able to tell the difference between the crumbles and real ground beef. Plus, this meal was easy to put together and took less than 10 minutes from start to finish.

For dessert I had a serving a coffee ice cream with a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie crumbled on top.

Don’t forget to enter my Oral-B Giveaway! You have until tomorrow morning!

Good Night!

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) June 16, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I almost got those crumbles at the store tonight. I’m always wary meatless crumbles will taste fake but you’ve convinced me to give them a try.

2 kaztronomic June 16, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Fig Newtons are, simply put, *anytime* food. So good! Sorry that your class was a letdown, though.

I love your creative cheese-stick use! ๐Ÿ˜€

3 Jenna June 16, 2010 at 9:40 pm

You are just lovin the string cheese and fig newtons ๐Ÿ˜‰

4 KatieTX June 16, 2010 at 9:41 pm

As a fitness instructor, I know it makes a big difference between a good one and a blah one. I like to think I am a good one. Feel free to let your instructor know how much you like them if you do, it brightens my day!! So next time you see the awesome instructor let her know! She will probably cue you off to other classes she teaches and when she will have a sub or whatnot.

5 Jenny June 16, 2010 at 9:41 pm

LOL, I’ve never seen string cheese inside of a burrito… love it! And Fig Newtons are the best fuel:)

6 Karla June 16, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Group fitness classes are always hit or miss for me.
I used to love my kickboxing classes in Berkeley, but now that I’ve moved I’ve been scared try out the classes here out of fear that they’ll suck ๐Ÿ™

7 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 16, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I never had meatless crumble, but it looks really good! I’ll need to hunt them dowwn!

8 fitandfortysomething June 16, 2010 at 10:06 pm

fig newtons are fuel! they came way before energy bars did ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 16, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Argh that is so frustrating re your instructor! Its amazing how much difference a motivated instructor can make to a workout!!!

10 Julie @ Pickley Pear June 16, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I’ve never tried the meatless crumbles either. Do they have a lot of protein? Lots of Mexican inspiration going on in the bloggie world this evening!

11 Annie June 16, 2010 at 10:20 pm

That looks so tasty! Throw salsa on anything and I am sold. ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Courtney June 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Those “crumbles” actually look good! In spaghetti sauce- mmmm. ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Kristie June 16, 2010 at 10:28 pm

String cheese is where it’s at. I NEED to make a wrap with some now!

14 jennyinnewyork June 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm

boca crumbles are my obsession…i must make myself “tacos” 2x a week! I need to branch out and try them in other things i think! haha Glad you liked them

15 Ash Bear June 16, 2010 at 10:47 pm

I love Boca crumbles. I use them on tacos, taco salads, and in chilli!

16 Mary June 16, 2010 at 11:27 pm

your dinner looks exactly like mine did tonight! I love that you put a cheese stick in your burrito ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Jennifer @ shesafitchick June 16, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Fig Newton? Holy YUM! I haven’t seen one of those in years!!

18 Cara June 17, 2010 at 12:16 am

OMG!!! Your parents are in my ol’ stomping grounds!!!!! I’m headed there in 2 weeks, and I can’t wait!!!!! Are they going to Lake Lousie? That is where I got married…. oh the memories!!!!

19 britchickruns June 17, 2010 at 3:18 am

Fig Newtons…are they the same thing is fig rolls we have over here? I always get confused!

20 Cassie June 17, 2010 at 6:42 am

I used to be obsessed with Fig Newtons. They are so good! I stopped buying them though like three years ago because I will eat the whole box.

21 Leslie June 17, 2010 at 6:49 am

Hey, I do kickboxing at Legacy Fitness in winter park on Orange Avenue, the best workout ever! You should try one free class. Results are amazing!

22 Katherine: What About Summer? June 17, 2010 at 7:04 am

I have not seen kale in stores in too long! Is it still in season?

sorry to hear about the trainer-changer!

23 dianacheung June 17, 2010 at 8:01 am

i need to incorporate kale in my life…and your icecream.

24 Chase June 17, 2010 at 8:38 am

Hey hon, do me a favor… speaking as a Group Ex Instructor (and former Group Ex Director at a gym) tell the front desk or leave a comment card that you didn’t like the instructor. She might have just been a substitute in which case she won’t be there regularly but they need to know when members are unimpressed with classes. Feedback is the best way to tell the gym that they need to improve! Trust me, you’re not ratting her out.

25 Sarah June 17, 2010 at 8:50 am

I love those meatless crumbles! My Mom turned me onto them and she makes them into a really yummy taco salad using all the usual ingredients.

26 Marissa June 17, 2010 at 9:21 am

Fig Newtons are totally fuel! I remember last summer when I was hiking… I wouldn’t have made it up that mountain without those chewy delicious little figgy cookies!

27 Jo June 17, 2010 at 9:25 am

It’s all about the instructor

28 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 17, 2010 at 9:27 am

Oooooh that ice cream girl scout cookie combo looks so mouth watering even at 9:30am.

29 angela1508 June 17, 2010 at 9:32 am

Aww that’s so frustrating about the instructor! I’ve had the same thing happen to me a couple of times and felt so cheated out of my workout!
I’ve always been a little skeptical about meatless crumbles but I’m more willing to try them now! ๐Ÿ™‚

30 Kelly June 17, 2010 at 9:47 am

1 <3 Fig Newtons! ๐Ÿ™‚

31 Stephanie June 17, 2010 at 9:55 am

I love those meatless ground crumbles! I’ve never had Boca’s but Lightlife makes Smart Ground and I swear you can’t tell a difference. They make perfect enchiladas!!

32 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com June 17, 2010 at 9:57 am

I like to use the Morningstar veggie crumbles in nachos!

33 hogeruns June 17, 2010 at 11:55 am

Thanks for reviewing the crumbles – I’ve seen them in the store but have always been a little hesitant to try them, I’ll definitely pick some up now!

34 akeorlando June 17, 2010 at 3:11 pm

That burrito actually looks quite delicious! Yum!