more ยป" />

Tuesday Evening

by Meghann on June 15, 2010

Good Evening. ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope everyone’s evening has been fabulous. I know mine has. So far it has involved a lot of one-on-one time with Maddie and a bit of trashy tv. Love it.

Despite today’s hot, hot temps I was really craving a hot dish for dinner tonight.

Roasted Veggies – why haven’t I been able to get you off of my mind? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I roasted a combination of sweet potato, bussel sprouts, and eggplant with some various seasonings and topped my serving with marinara sauce and the last of the lentil loaf from the freezer.

The lentil loaf broke apart with the sauce and the combination reminded me of a meaty spaghetti sauce. It was fabulous on top of the veggies. The texture and flavors were just right.

For dessert I had an assortment of chocolates. Yum!

A few notes:

• The AC finally kicked in with full force around 10:30 this morning – woo hoo!
  • It rained! The downpour brought the temps down about a bajillion degrees. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Has anyone watched Food Buddha? It’s a show on TLC where a famous Chicago Chef travels to various restaurants and literally orders the entire menu. It sounded like a fun show at first, but one episode in and I am already bored with the concept.
  • Are there any good summer shows you would recommend to record? I was stuck watching Food Buddha because my DVR is currently empty. Grrr…

I think that’s it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Adios!

1 Dawn June 15, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Have you tried So You Think You Can Dance? That’s a summer TV staple in our house. The Next Food Network Star is also a lot of fun.

2 Suyapa June 15, 2010 at 8:29 pm

The Next Food Network Star is a good one; Chopped and Cupcake Wars on Food Network are fun as well, both air tonight ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 Katy S. June 15, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family.

4 Meghann June 15, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I’m watching that right now. It’s pretty good ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Alyssa June 15, 2010 at 8:41 pm

True Blood! But it’s on HBO ๐Ÿ™ Here’s a summer tv guide the Star Tribune (main Minnesota newspaper) published a week or so ago. It highlights the hot summer shows:

6 Meghann June 15, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Thanks!

7 Jenna June 15, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I may not be the best person to ask for TV shows because I love all the trashy ones… Bachelorette, Real Housewives, Bethanny Getting Married… true thinkers. ๐Ÿ™‚ House Hunters is always a good one to DVR, too though!

8 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 15, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Sigh – I too am the hugest fan of roasted veggies! I think I would have them for dinenr every night if I could!!!

9 Fervent Foodie June 15, 2010 at 9:00 pm

I DVR Rachel Ray, Sandra’s money saving meals, Giada, AND paula dean.. haha, I’m a food network junkie. I always liked Rachel Ray, she just makes me laugh. Obviously I don’t use any of Paula’s recipes, which typically include a minimum of 1 stick of butter each. And if you can get over the fact Giada prefers to show 3 inches of cleavage while cooking, you’ll see she has a lot of really simple tasty Italian recipes!

10 theprocessofhealing June 16, 2010 at 4:04 am

Good points. Rachael Ray and Paula have my HEART! Rachael is who started me cooking, after I watched 30 Minute Meals when I was younger. And Paula Dean is a big inspiration to me.. her memoir is amazing

11 sunnytropic June 15, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I have to say I am finding lots of good tv on this summer! The Next Food Network Star and Cupcake Wars on Food Network; The Bachelorette; So You Think You Can Dance; Losing it with Jillian…and then this week Man vs Food and Top Chef return!

12 gen June 15, 2010 at 9:12 pm

i saw food buddha for the first time yesterday and i understand why the concept is getting boring. but you have to admit, the reaction from the waiters and waitresses when he says ONE OF EACH is pretty classic. and that one chef who was cussing a storm in San Francisco was pretty funny.

13 Hangry Pants June 15, 2010 at 9:13 pm

You know secret life of the american teen is back on, right? and there is another show on after it – pretty little liars.

14 Meghann June 15, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Next time we get together we should play a drinking game where we take a shot every time they say sex on The Secret life of the American Teenager. We wouldn’t even make it to the halfway mark!

15 BethT June 15, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Top Chef and So You Think You Can Dance!

16 Julie @ Pickley Pear June 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Not much is on during the summer. I need to get back into the food shows. I’m stuck on Khloe & Kourtney Take Miami (yes, lame entertainment!) and The Bachelorette.

17 Jenny June 15, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Ugh! TV is so much less fun now that Glee is over!

18 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 15, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Tv is BO-RING during the summer! Thank you DVD tv series! We’re currently watchinf True Blood – Love! ๐Ÿ™‚

Roasted veggies on a hot hot night? Do you have AC in your appartment?

19 Meghann June 15, 2010 at 9:31 pm

YEs! You would be hard pressed to find an apartment anywhere in Florida that doesn’t have AC.

20 jennyinnewyork June 15, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Yeah that show looks a little strange! haha

21 DeAnna June 15, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I am really liking Jillian Michael’s new show “Losing it with Jillian” If you like the biggest loser, you might like it. I was just telling my husband that our TV viewing standards go way down in the summer time ๐Ÿ™‚ Not much on!

22 Raya June 15, 2010 at 10:04 pm

I am loving Cake Boss right now!

23 adrienmelaine June 15, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Your lentil loaf looks great- I need to try out more veggie options, I’m starting to get sick of relying on beans straight up- I need to start mixing them!

24 ActiveEggplant June 15, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Send some of that rain our way – for a 2 weeks now it “looks like” it’s going to rain (clouds, even thunder) but the skies never open up! Something’s gotta give!
p.s. I don’t know how you did it with no AC in the office!

25 emily June 15, 2010 at 10:24 pm

If you didn’t watch it during the season I suggest catching up on Modern Family; amazing! And I personally have a Bones obsession (all the episodes are on instant-watch on Netflix).

26 Sarah June 15, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I always look forward to Hell’s Kitchen in the summer, and then Mad Men when it starts again in August.

27 tiffany June 15, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Pretty Little Liars! – I heard about this series last month and went out and read all the books before the season started. <3 it so far.

Secret Life of the American Teenager – to be honest, i'm not a HUGE fan of this show, but I know one of the guys on it, so i have to promote it =P

True Blood

Mad Men starts up again soon as well

Happy TV watching!

28 Shayla June 15, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Top Chef premieres tomorrow night on Bravo! You’d love that show – it’s one of my favs!!

29 kaztronomic June 16, 2010 at 12:11 am

I tried watching a new show on Food Network tonight called Cupcake Wars, but it was sort of like Chopped, but only meaner. I didn’t really care for it.

Your dinner looks great! Between you and Jenna, I’m really craving some lentil loaf right about now. ๐Ÿ˜€

30 clairedille June 16, 2010 at 1:43 am

Yes, you and jenna are all about the lentils and I definitely need some in my life tomorrow!

I don’t have too much time to watch tv but love hbo shows like true blood and dvr top chef sometimes. I rely on dvds the most…especially it’s always sunny in philadelphia…too funny!

31 missfroyo June 16, 2010 at 1:47 am

i havent heard of food buddha…but i’m excited for the new season of next food network star!

32 Heather Rose June 16, 2010 at 2:05 am

I saw the commercial for Food Buddha, and I was a little skeptical. Thanks for the review so I know not to watch it!

HGTV or Food Network always have some fun options. I definitely want to check out Cupcake Wars on Food Network, and the new season of Man Vs. Food starts tomorrow!

33 britchickruns June 16, 2010 at 3:16 am

I have zero idea what’s on TV at the moment – it’s all about the DVDs!! Hello, ER, Green Wing, The Office……

34 dani June 16, 2010 at 4:03 am

Last Comic Standing is a great summer show! Its super funny…like watching an hour of stand up each week!

35 theprocessofhealing June 16, 2010 at 4:04 am

A big pile of roasted veggies sounds absolutely amazing right now!!
And I’m all about the Next Foodnetwork Star, The Bachelorette, and Top Chef. And Big Brother when it starts.

36 Cassie June 16, 2010 at 5:54 am

I agree with some other comments.. I am loving cupcake wars on Food Network, Cake Boss on Mondays on TLC, and True Blood! I also just got hooked on So You Think You Can Dance ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh and Top Chef Started Tonight!

37 Lauren June 16, 2010 at 8:17 am

Friday Night Lights! It is on NBC….on Friday nights(perfect for DVR’ing). Seriously one of THE BEST shows on TV, but NBC puts it in a crappy time slot and and never gets the recognition it deserves. I think you can also NetFlix previous seasons. That, “Losing It” and “Police Women of Memphis” are my summer TV entertainment ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’m watching Season 2 of True Blood since I don’t have HBO and just bought the DVDs.

38 Carolyn @ lovinlosing June 16, 2010 at 8:42 am

Kathy Griffin’s Life on the D List, Pretty Little Liars…that’s about it. The rest don’t start until July.

39 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 16, 2010 at 8:51 am

I am addicted to Big Brother. It starts on July 8th. It is great if you love watching Other People’s Drama (OPD), which I do!

40 whitneyinchicago June 16, 2010 at 9:04 am

The Good Guys-Just started on Fox. Bradley Whitford, Colin Hanks. Its awesome.

41 Betsy June 16, 2010 at 9:05 am

Read a book! TV is for squares ๐Ÿ˜‰

42 Meghann June 16, 2010 at 9:13 am

I’m reading too! I mainly use TV as background noise for when I’m cooking dinner or playing online. ๐Ÿ™‚

43 Greta June 16, 2010 at 9:09 am

My favorites:

Burn Notice
Mad Men (couple more weeks until this begins)
Top Chef

Your veggies look delish!! Happy Wednesday!

44 healthyhappyalways June 16, 2010 at 9:30 am

Two of my bottom front teeth overlap. I was always too scared to get braces. Considered the invisible ones a year ago but my fiance loves them the way they are…makes me “unique”:-) So I can deal!!

45 brandi June 16, 2010 at 9:32 am

Favorite summer shows!

Top Chef DC starts TONIGHT! on Bravo. 10 pm, I think? Maybe 9.

Our other favorite shows lately are Burn Notice on USA (Thursdays, 9 pm) and White Collar, which starts back up on July 13th (Tuesday, 9 pm). If you watch one episode, you’ll be in love with Neil Caffrey and his great hair ๐Ÿ™‚

46 Kelly June 16, 2010 at 11:41 am

Totally with you on the Food Buddha… I absolutley LOVE the idea – I often feel I’ll miss out on the best thing – but the whole shocking the waitress/chef thing got old in the first episode I watched. Still loved seeing all the eats though, so I’ll probably watch it again, especially if he comes to Boston!

47 Emily June 16, 2010 at 1:05 pm

This does not fit with this post at all, but you’ve spoken about the co$t of yogurt before so I wanted to give you a heads up that I’m giving away a yogurt maker now on my blog – http://eatventures.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/a-great-could-be-greek-giveaway/

48 Katherine: What About Summer? June 16, 2010 at 1:39 pm

It took me forever to figure out what the brussel sprouts were; they look like a random glob of green in the first pic
Katherine

49 Monica C. June 16, 2010 at 3:37 pm

How about “Ruby” on the Style network? Love her personality!

50 Chez June 18, 2010 at 9:55 am

So You Think You Can Dance is so awesome! It’s one of my favorite shows of the entire year! And who knows, it might inspire a new fitness conquest for you – salsa dancing or something!!