Heat Wave

by Meghann on June 15, 2010

Oh cruel world. Who, oh why, did my office AC decide to break the same week we’re having record breaking high temps?

Why? Why!?!?! :/

Grrr….

It’s HOT outside. Like really hot. Like I was sweating in my car on my way to the gym this morning hot. It’s expected to reach over 100 again today and I’m sitting by a window that doesn’t open with no AC. Please shoot me now. Gah.

It was also too hot for our boot camp class to partake in its usual outdoor activities. Usually the first half of class is done outside in the tennis courts and involves a lot of sprints, push ups, and lunges. According to our instructor under the current heat wave the gym put a ban on her leading us outside. Thank you, gym!

It was still a tough class – one of my toughest actually! We had a new instructor and she was pretty awesome. I would love to have her as my personal trainer everyday – she was great at pushing us outside of our limits, but in a really nice way that didn’t involve too much yelling. 😉

It was too hot to blow dry my hair so I saved 15 minutes and got to work early. All I can say is thank god I packed a cold breakfast to eat at my desk.

IMG_9921

Overnight Oats in a Jar was a lifesaver. Well, that and the 3 glasses of ice cold water I enjoyed with it. 😉

IMG_9933

IMG_9931

Strawberries & Blueberries for good measure

IMG_9935

IMG_9940

You have no idea how good this was. 🙂

IMG_9942

Off to find a fan to cool myself off with. Did I mention it’s hot?

1 Emilyeatsclean June 15, 2010 at 8:53 am

Over 100 degrees already?!?! That’s nuts!! hope you don’t melt at work today!

2 Jenny June 15, 2010 at 8:53 am

I hear ya! Today seems worse than usual… I’m about to sweat my butt off walking to class!

3 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 15, 2010 at 8:54 am

oh man! I feel for you!!! That’s terrible!!
I hope they fix the AC ASAP- that can’t be good for anyone!

Breakfast looks amazing!

4 Amanda June 15, 2010 at 8:57 am

It’s funny because up here I have been praying for some heat. I have actually considered turning my furnace back on a few times in the last two weeks. Maybe Florida could share some heat with New York and help us both out!

5 Mary June 15, 2010 at 9:01 am

BOO to no AC in your office and DOUBLE BOO to you sitting next to the window! I’m traveling to Orlando with my boyfriend to visit his family in july… I feel like I’m going to die when I get down there… I’m just a New Yorker. whoahh haha

6 HappyWhenNotHungry June 15, 2010 at 9:13 am

DC is getting super hot and sticky, but not nearly 100 degrees! So impressed you still went to boot camp!

7 Kyra June 15, 2010 at 9:37 am

I am in St. Pete, FL and this weather is beyond dreadful. My sister had no a/c in her apartment yesterday and she was ready to die. I did bootcamp outside yesterday morning and seriously looked like I had been swimming I was so sweaty, yuck!

8 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 15, 2010 at 9:41 am

Hey, look on the bright side! You can do hot yoga outside and don’ have to waste one of your class passes.

9 Rachel June 15, 2010 at 9:43 am

why is there a band-aid on your oats jar?!

10 christina June 15, 2010 at 9:58 am

omg no AC in your office? that is horrible. it’s like a billion degrees today. i hope it starts working!!

11 DiningAndDishing June 15, 2010 at 9:59 am

ugh, heat like that is the worst!! i haaaate getting out of the shower and then still feeling sweaty. i love the summer months but that is one major drawback. hope things cool down for you guys soon!

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

12 clairedille June 15, 2010 at 10:09 am

I can’t believe you blow dried your hair in that heat….I am the worst with that! yay for overnight oats though!

13 jessica June 15, 2010 at 7:29 pm

She wrote, “It was too hot to blow dry my hair”

14 britchickruns June 15, 2010 at 10:10 am

Oof, that does sound hot!! I feel for you :s It’s so odd..it’s FREEZING in England at the moment!

15 Marissa June 15, 2010 at 10:26 am

I love the heat! It only got up into the 90s this weekend while I was at the lake, and I had goosebumps constantly. Yesterday it hit 108, and it felt just perfect! I love being warm. It was a longggg winter.

16 Lindsay June 15, 2010 at 10:28 am

Maybe I don’t understand the ebbs and flows of Florida weather patterns, but isn’t it normally in the 90s and 100s in Florida during the summer? Or am I thinking of Death Valley? Not sure….I’m glad to see that your Overnight Oats in a Jar cooled you off! What a fresh and delicious-looking breakfast. Yummmmm. 🙂

17 Kelly June 15, 2010 at 10:30 am

Dear lord….no AC…that would be awful!

18 breakingsilence June 15, 2010 at 10:30 am

Your office AC broke? That is the worst!! I’m in FL too and it was 85 degrees when I woke up this morning. 85 frickin’ degrees. Seriously??

19 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 15, 2010 at 10:51 am

The AC is my office is so freakin cold! We all wear scarfs and jacket in the office.

Its crazy when we then go outside!

Hello pneumonia!

20 lisaathome June 15, 2010 at 11:00 am

That stinks!!! I don’t know how you deal with normal Florida temperatures! Maybe they’ll send you home early??! 🙂

21 Biz June 15, 2010 at 11:01 am

When I was in Hilton Head over the weekend, it was 90’s and 100% humidity – I sweat just walking to my car and back!

So glad to come back to 70’s Chicago weather!

22 Emily June 15, 2010 at 11:09 am

OMG I can’t imagine! I get horrible heat exhaustion, so I can’t do any kind of exercise in that heat. Does it get much hotter over the summer in FL?

23 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com June 15, 2010 at 11:22 am

There’s one thing I don’t miss about Florida. 🙂 It’s pretty hot here in Virginia, right now, though. Not quite as humid (most of the time).

24 Carrie @ TV and Dinners June 15, 2010 at 11:43 am

Ugh! I am so sorry about not having AC in your office. They should let you all work from home today, no AC in Orlando in the summer is akin to cruel and unusual punishment! Especially during this crazy heat wave. It’s ridiculously hot in Tennessee (2 people died this weekend from the heat at various music festivals) so I can’t even imagine what it’s like in Florida.

25 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 15, 2010 at 11:48 am

I hope your AC gets back up and working again soon!

26 Kristen June 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm

No A/C at work?? That’s crazy, I would demand to work from home!

It’s just as hot here in Atlanta (90’s), humidity has hit and it’s just miserable 🙁

27 Kelly June 15, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I think it’s hot up and down the east coast right now. I hope your AC at work gets fixed.

28 Marina June 15, 2010 at 12:26 pm

100? OMG. I can’t even imagine that. that’s just too hot 😀
I have no AC in my apartment, but than god, it isn’t that hot, because I don’t know if I could survive that

29 amystartstorun June 15, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Last year, during the sweltering heat of August (in Arizona), the facilities department was working on the roof and thus had to intermittently (for hours on end) turn off the AC. It felt like we were being slow roasted. Blech. I feel your pain!

30 The Linz June 15, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Sorry to hear about the AC issue – hopefully it will be running smoothly soon. And your OOIAJ (Overnight Oats in A Jar) look yummo! I’m liking the crasin addition! 🙂

31 dianacheung June 15, 2010 at 1:12 pm

is naturally nutty really that good? BTW I could NOT WORK without AC. I would be cranky and no one would be pleased!

32 Dawn (HealthySDLiving) June 15, 2010 at 1:26 pm

ACK! I am sooooo sorry! I live in San Diego with no AC and in those few HOT HOT months of summer I want to cry!

33 hundredtenpounds June 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Move to Oregon! It’s cold here!

34 jennyinnewyork June 15, 2010 at 3:08 pm

oh my gosh! I guess I can’t complain about the 80 degrees i ran in on Sunday… I thought THAT was bad! haha