more ยป" />

Glacier National Park

by Meghann on June 15, 2010

Jealous

31986_406925350749_502505749_4133208_4025155_n.jpg

My parents went straight from the beach to the mountains. ๐Ÿ™‚ They’re currently exploring Glacier National Park and I am uber jealous of all the photos my Mom has been uploading to Facebook.

31986_406925435749_502505749_4133218_4070676_n.jpg

31986_406925415749_502505749_4133215_4158184_n.jpg

31986_406925165749_502505749_4133186_3745070_n.jpg

31986_406925160749_502505749_4133185_4393761_n.jpg

Now, aren’t you jealous too? ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve never been to Glacier National Park before, but I have been to Yellowstone, Yosemite , and a zillion other national parks when I was younger. Back then I would whine every time we stopped to look at another ridiculously old tree and beg my parents to take us to some tropical island for vacation instead. I didn’t appreciate the rich history and glorious views back then. I would love to return as an adult and actually appreciate what I was looking at.

One day I’ll return. ๐Ÿ˜‰

For lunch today I enjoyed a fabulous Grilled Hummus Sandwich.

Why have grilled cheese when you can have grilled hummus?

My sandwich contained hummus, feta, tomato, and spinach. It was ooey, gooey and just plain delicious! ๐Ÿ™‚

On the side some refreshing cherries and salt & vinegar potato chips.

I had some Goldfish Pretzels and Chocolate Grahams as a snack earlier today.

Attending Healthy Living Summit this year?

Well, we’ve got a treat for you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Frito-Lay is hosting a factory tour on Friday August 13th for all HLS attendees. Check out www.HealthyLiving Summit.com for more details!

1 britchickruns June 15, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Woah, that glacier stuff is STUNNING!!
Hummus sandwich sounds great ๐Ÿ˜€ Have a good afternoon – I hope it’s not too hot!!

2 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 15, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I think parks and mountain is something that grows on you! Well, I was fan of the “parks” made of woods though!

Definitely jealous!

3 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 15, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Breathtaking! Did you really take the 5th photo? It’s incredible!

4 Beth June 15, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Wow that’s so cool about the factory tour!! And i love the idea of grilled hummus… yum.

5 BethT June 15, 2010 at 1:38 pm

“Why have grilled cheese when you can have grilled hummus?”

Meghann, are you crazy? I mean, grilled hummus is delicious…but honestly, NOTHING beats an oozy grilled cheese! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com June 15, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I have to say the Frito-lay tours seems a little weird for the HLS, but maybe I’m missing something. Those pictures from your mom look awesome!!

7 caitlin June 15, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Hi Carolyn!

We chose Frito Lay as one of our sponsors because we want to show that being healthy is about enjoying everything in moderation! Frito Lay’s core chips use only a few ingredients and there’s no weird trans fat this or that. Who doesn’t love a good bowl of chips and salsa occasionally?! It was a careful decision by the committee members, I promise. ๐Ÿ™‚

8 kaztronomic June 15, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Those pictures are gorgeous!

I really am drooling over how you made your sandwich with the hummus. It sounds so yummy!

9 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 15, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Your parents are living the life!

10 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 15, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Those photos are gorgeous. I’ll take mountains over beaches any day.

11 Jenny June 15, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Grilled hummus is awesome… And I’m very jealous of your parents, their trip looks to die for!

12 fitandfortysomething June 15, 2010 at 1:59 pm

those are beautiful! lucky parents!

13 hundredtenpounds June 15, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Gorgeous pictures!!! I went to Glacier National Park a few years ago and loved every minute of it. Absolutely beautiful.

14 allisonisactive June 15, 2010 at 2:08 pm

We went to Glacier National Park on our honeymoon! It was an awe-inspiring place with great hiking and water sports. Loved it!

15 thefitbridesmaid June 15, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I was in Idaho for work for three months a few years ago. Since I was only 2 hours away from Yellowstone, I went up there, even though it had NEVER been my desire to go out west.

IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! Plus, I went in January, when it’s snow covered and void of people.

16 Sana June 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm

My flight won’t land till1:42 pm :(!

17 wecookwhenwecan June 15, 2010 at 2:27 pm

we went to Glacier National Park in the fall–so beautiful!!

18 Lindsay June 15, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Oh wow. Those mountain pics have me drooling. I love Western mountain scenery. I really need to make it up to Glacier one of these days. I really love national parks, and Glacier and Yosemite are at the top of my list for visiting!

19 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 15, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Meghann we all would have beent he same way as kids, and would be looking back now regretting it. Those are some amazing pictures. What state is this park in?

20 suki June 15, 2010 at 2:35 pm

some of our national parks are just AMAZING. ๐Ÿ™‚

i want to hit up the frito lay tour, but i might have to meet there instead… just emailed the rsvp person to see if this was possible!

21 ellaroo88 June 15, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Wow man what a month for your parents! I LOVE National Parks-by far my favorite vacations (love zion!)

22 runnerforever June 15, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I am jealous of them too, nature is soooo gorgeous!

23 Kellie June 15, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I need to invest in George Foreman so I can make grilled sandwiches. The toaster oven is just not the same.

24 Julie @ Pickley Pear June 15, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Wow those pictures are gorgeous! Grilled hummus, love it!

Really Frito-Lay! I’m there!

25 Joanna June 15, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Glacier was one of my all time favorite parks… my parents chose a different western state each summer to take (drag) us to. Get there soon! In estimated 10-20 years, there will actually be no more glaciers in Glacier National Park. Sad but true.

26 mindy June 15, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Grilled hummus…never, ever would have thought about that! I will have to give it a shot!

The Frito Lay tour sounds awesome…trying to figure out if I can get down there in time that morning to join in!

27 Juli D. June 15, 2010 at 4:50 pm

I spent a week in the backcountry of Glacier and it was AMAZING. Super jelaous of your parents and I can’t wait to get back there!

28 Sarah (Enjoying One Meal at a Time) June 15, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Thats beautiful! I hope to explore that area one day too. The hummus sandwich looks really good too. It still sounds cool with the feta and everything, even though it was grilled!

29 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 15, 2010 at 6:16 pm

oh my – that park is breathtaking ๐Ÿ™‚ I can see why you are jealous! I AM jealous too!!!

30 Angela June 15, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Those pictures are amazing! It’s so lame that I live in Montana, and have lived here for more than 20 years, and have never been there… I may just have to go on a little backpacking adventure this summer ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

31 Ingrid June 15, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I, too, grew up visiting national parks with my family and being “forced” to camp and hike while I dreamed of going to Disney World like my peers. Good thing I finally came to my senses sometime in high school and actually enjoyed our vacations!

And the grilled hummus looks fantastic; I will definitely try it this week!

32 Emilyeatsclean June 15, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Must try the hummus sandwich soon! And that pic of the deer looks like a magazine pic! I wish I could go to HLS. ๐Ÿ™ Maybe next year!

33 KelseyJ June 15, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Wow, the beach and then the mountains?! I don’t think it can get any better than that! ๐Ÿ˜€
I’ve been looking for new ways to enjoy my favourite hummus, and I think I’m going to have to try that grilled hummus sandwich now! Especially with the tomatoes, spinach and feta…YUM!

34 Michelle June 15, 2010 at 9:33 pm

I’m so making a grilled hummus sandwich sometime soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

35 dianacheung June 15, 2010 at 10:54 pm

are your parents retired or just really luck? ๐Ÿ™‚

36 Meghann June 16, 2010 at 5:51 am

My parent’s are only in their 40s and still about 20 years from retirement. THey just love to travel and take vacations as much as I do. Every year since I was little we’ve always done a 2 week vacation during the summer – it’s just that over the years none of my siblings or I have been able to do more than a week with them.

37 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) June 16, 2010 at 2:08 am

Oh my gosh, how beautiful are those pictures!! I’ve been to Yellowstone, but that’s it. I really want to do a National Park tour of the US!

38 Marissa June 16, 2010 at 10:32 am

The Smoky Mountains are one of my favorite vacation spots! Hiking is one of my favorite things in the world (it might even surpass running, swimming, biking, and boating now that I think about it…) I can’t wait until I can go back, hopefully at the end of the summer just like last year!

39 Katie G. June 24, 2010 at 9:35 am

Oh my Gosh, Meghann, I recreated this sandwich last night and it was AMAZING!!! When it came out of the toaster oven, I was drooling at how wonderful it looked and smelled! It was so yummy and perfectly filling that I made another one for lunch today! Great idea!