40 Days of Hot Yoga

by Meghann on June 14, 2010

My unlimited 40 day pass at Orlando Power Yoga expired while I was on vacation this past week. Boooo…

I took advantage of the unlimited 40 day pass as a trial run for hot yoga. I’ve practiced yoga on and off for the past couple of years, but I’ve never taken any classes regularly. I was hoping a regular practice of hot yoga would be a fun new challenge for my body.

My goal was to take three classes a week and I was able to accomplish just that. πŸ™‚ I’m not sure my body is any leaner or stronger, but my MIND is so much clearer! Hot yoga is the perfect way to de-stress after a long day at work. My body has also never felt so stretched and relaxed – I left each class feeling as if I just treated my body to a massage.

I feel more confident in my practice now and with my ability to hold poses. I never knew I would fall in love with yoga quite as much as I did, but I truly do love it! In fact, I loved it so much that I paid for 10 more classes tonight!

I would LOVE to invest in an unlimited monthly pass, but that option is a bit too rich for my blood at the moment. My new goal is one or two classes a week. πŸ˜‰ I can’t wait to incorporate hot yoga into my upcoming marathon training schedule! My body is going to love me for it!

Before I left for yoga I had a Peanut Butter Z-Bar at work.

Something strange happened after yoga – I was actually starving by the time I got home! Usually hot yoga kills my hunger, but tonight I felt like it was adding fuel to the fire. Maybe it was the extra hard class we had this evening? Who knows.

I quickly got to work in the kitchen and produced something fabulous.

This my friends is what I like to call a Carrot, Spinach, & Cinnamon Peanut Butter Quesadilla. Sounds funny, tastes amazing.

The trick is to shred the carrot before adding it to the quesadilla. πŸ˜‰

On the side left over steamed kale & apple from last night.

For dessert, a serving of vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips and strawberries.

I’m exhausted! Time for bed.

Good night!!

1 Jenny June 14, 2010 at 10:04 pm

You’re right! Yoga is a great way to de-stress… I love it!

2 melissa (fitnessnyc) June 14, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Congrats on finishing strong and finding a new fitness outlet

3 kaztronomic June 14, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Your quesadilla sounds really good! I like how you used the peanut butter as the “glue” to hold it together.

You have some of the most unique, fun eats I’ve ever seen! πŸ˜€

4 Ash Bear June 14, 2010 at 10:22 pm

I think building yoga into marathon training is a great idea. I have a few yoga passes right now, one for Bikram NYC and one for Yoga Works which includes more tradtional classes. My goal is to find one over the next 3 weeks that I prefer and buy a 10 class pass so I can do it at least once per week.

5 Miranda @ MirandasJeans June 14, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I would love to buy a membership at my hot yoga studio. Sadly I can’t affor 1,300$ for unlimited year. Package passes is where I’m at too!

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 15, 2010 at 8:56 am

$1,300 a year?!? That’s crazy.

7 dianacheung June 14, 2010 at 11:09 pm

when you have icecream do you measure how much you eat? LIke 1/2 a cup or 1 cup?

8 Meghann June 15, 2010 at 7:47 am

1/2 cup

9 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 14, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Unfortunately I can’t find anywhere in my home town that does hot yoga πŸ™
oooh I had icecream + strawberries for dessert last nigh too!

10 Melissa @ For the Love of Health June 14, 2010 at 11:30 pm

That’s really great! I’ve been dying to try Hot Yoga!
Dinner looks amazing!!

11 Meg June 14, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Never tried hot yoga- glad you liked it πŸ˜€

That combo sounds AWESOME! Must try πŸ˜‰

12 runnerforever June 14, 2010 at 11:54 pm

What a crazy quesadilla, sounds cool!
Get a good nights rest.

13 Heather @ Junk Food Break Up June 15, 2010 at 1:11 am

I tried my first hot yoga class last Friday…OMG, so intense!

I bought a month long unlimited pass on Groupon in February and finally got around to using it. I’m excited to use it again Wednesday, and my boyfriend wants to go with this time…I can’t wait to see how he handles it!

14 britchickruns June 15, 2010 at 3:12 am

You keep talking about marathons – I don’t know if I’ve missed a post or something, but are you definetly doing one soon? πŸ™‚

15 Katherine: What About Summer? June 15, 2010 at 7:44 am

I want to Netflix some exercise videos but have never used Netflix before! Do you like it?

16 Meghann June 15, 2010 at 7:48 am

I LOVE Netflix. It’s really easy to use and they have a great selection. πŸ™‚

17 Emilyeatsclean June 15, 2010 at 8:44 am

Congrats on falling in love with yoga and signing up for more classes!! I love the quesadilla idea!! I’m sure I’ll be trying that soon. πŸ™‚

18 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self June 15, 2010 at 8:50 am

Like you said, I wish hot yoga classes weren’t so expensive!!! I really loved the few classes I took, and I think it would be a great addition to my running routine…but my walley just can’t handle it!

19 jessica June 15, 2010 at 10:09 am

This is a silly question, but how do you shred you carrots? I use a grater but it doesn’t work very well. I was wondering if you used something else?

20 Kelly June 15, 2010 at 11:40 am

I sweat so much during air conditioned yoga I’m pretty sure I would die and melt into a puddle during hot yoga.

21 Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect June 15, 2010 at 11:46 am

I hope the AC gets fixed quickly for you! That’s the worst! Your breakfast looks yummy. I definitely have to give oats in a jar a try.

Yay for accomplishing your goal and falling in love with yoga! Trying yoga is one of my mini goals this week.

22 Sarah June 22, 2010 at 8:11 am

I’ve found I really like kale with nut butter, too!