more ยป" />

U U U U I N O U

by Meghann on June 9, 2010

Worse line up of Scrabble titles ever

DSCF6568.JPG

How I ended up with all 4 U’s is beyond me. I think the game was rigged. ๐Ÿ˜‰

DSCF6567.JPG

We’ve settled into a routine of napping and game playing while the sun is at the highest in the early afternoon. Then heading out to explore/ fish/ enjoy the beach for the early evening hours.

DSCF6570.JPG

It’s a routine I’ve learned to enjoy. I wish my real life involved early afternoon napping. I also wish it involved afternoon ice cream.

DSCF6573.JPG

I had a single scoop of butter pecan. It was delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCF6577.JPG

DSCF6580.JPG

Anthony caught dinner

DSCF6584.JPG

Well… more of an appetizer

I had a bite – it was very bony. ๐Ÿ™‚

Beer Can Chicken was on the menu for dinner. ๐Ÿ™‚

Unfortunately the chicken took FOREVER to cook in the oven! Boo…. We killed time with a trip to the beach for a pretty sunset.

Finally just before 10:00 pm dinner was served.

I made a chicken biscuit with some breast of the chicken, a biscuit, and spicy mustard.

My Dad cooked some funky black rice he had picked up at the asian market as a side. The rice was a tad sweet and made a great topping for my sweet potato.

The best part of any beer can chicken is the onion my Dad cooks on top.

Delicious. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m thinking a Scrabble rematch is in order.

Good night!

1 Dori June 9, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Hahahahaha funny letters. Your ice cream looks great, I want a scoop!

2 Jenna June 9, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Looks like a great day!
Jenna

3 amanda June 9, 2010 at 10:56 pm

oh my goodnes! that really is the WORST line up for letters. you’d have to be the last person to go in the group in hopes to form SOMETHING in the english dictionary.

4 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) June 9, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I love how time means nothing on vacay. Kelly looks SO much like your Momma in that photo!!

5 theprocessofhealing June 9, 2010 at 11:12 pm

That chicken sounds good!! And the picture of you and Derek at sunset is PRECIOUS!

6 missyrayn June 9, 2010 at 11:22 pm

That is the worst scrabble game ever. You definitely need a rematch.

7 gavrielski June 9, 2010 at 11:23 pm

This looks like such a fabulous vacation! It’s so great that you can just relax with family and loved ones. Soak up those rays!

8 Sana June 9, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Wow 10 pm for dinner?!?! I would have eaten my face off!

9 Laura Georgina June 9, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Oh, those letters are the worst I’ve ever seen! As if getting all vowels weren’t bad already, getting 4 U’s is like getting kicked while you’re down. Definitely rematch is in order!

10 Ash Bear June 9, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Heaven! Can I be there right now playing scrabble? I want you to put time aside for the next two days and enjoy vacation 100%! ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Emily Eats and Exercises June 9, 2010 at 11:41 pm

My family definitely plays with a friendly rule amendment to help speed up the game: if you have three of the same letter you can pick three new letters and trade them in. That being said, family scrabble is a serious business in our house – my mom once cried…

12 Nora@LifeLifeEatRight June 10, 2010 at 12:15 am

Ice cream is my favorite food, in real life I would love to have it every afternoon too :)…coinciding with a nap of course! I’ve always wanted to try beer can chicken, looks like your dad knows a thing or two about cooking, enjoy!!!

13 Mara @ What's For Dinner? June 10, 2010 at 12:41 am

Every time I play scrabble, I end up with a bunch of letters that looks like Swahili…

14 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 10, 2010 at 1:05 am

oh my – what a late dinner! I love the arvo game playing though! So fun!!!!!

15 AmandaK June 10, 2010 at 2:05 am

Just for future reference: it’s actually a rule in the scrabble “rule book” that if a player gets three of one letter, they’re allowed to put one back. So next time that happens, use this to your advantage!

16 Kailey (SnackFace) June 10, 2010 at 2:35 am

What does, “…it was bony. :D” mean? Was it good? Bad? I don’t eat fish, so I was just wondering, lol!

17 jessica June 10, 2010 at 11:37 pm

I’m assuming it means there were a lot of fish bones in the meat…

18 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) June 10, 2010 at 2:46 am

Dude. I ALWAYS seem to end up with all vowels. So frequently that I am confused to how it is even possible.

19 Marieke June 10, 2010 at 6:31 am

Ha, it’s funny how in different languages you get different points for letters. In Dutch (I’m Dutch) you get 4 points for the U!

I can’t stand bones in fish. When I eat fish, it will need to be without bones, without scales, heads, tales (is the backside of a fish called tale??) in other words just the filet. It looks nice though, and it looks like you are having an awesome holiday!

20 shelly June 10, 2010 at 6:46 am

Your days sound so perfect! I cannot wait for my summer vaca!
We make beer can chicken all of the time!! I love it!!

21 Mary June 10, 2010 at 7:44 am

that is quite possibly the worst line up of tiles ever. all four u’s? haha!

22 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 10, 2010 at 8:13 am

Aww I love scrabble!

23 jennyinnewyork June 10, 2010 at 8:21 am

I’m so jealous of your vacation! Looks beautiful

24 Olivia @ Blissful Runner June 10, 2010 at 8:34 am

Sometimes I think the best part of vacations are the naps! After my long weekend last month, it took me almost two full weeks to get past the point of wanting desperately to crawl under my desk with a pillow come 3pm. ๐Ÿ™‚

25 addtwo June 10, 2010 at 8:44 am

Those pictures you took at the beach are gorgeous!

26 Jo June 10, 2010 at 9:05 am

You should move to Spain- they have siestas from work in the middle of the day in the summer, then work later and have a twilight dinner!

27 dorrybird June 10, 2010 at 9:06 am

My fiance & I are obsessed with Scrabble on our iPhones and that might be the worst Scrabble lineup I’ve ever seen! A rematch is definitely in order ๐Ÿ™‚

28 Betsy June 10, 2010 at 9:12 am

My dad just bought the beer can chicken holder a few weeks ago and he’s obsessed. I have to say, it really does make the chicken nice and moist!

29 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 10, 2010 at 9:14 am

Wow you weren’t kidding last night on Twitter you did have a late dinner! The chicken sure did look good though…. worth the wait?

30 Marissa June 10, 2010 at 10:06 am

Beer Butt Chicken!! That’s like one of my favorite foods ever!

I had a real late dinner last night too; my brother’s first Little League game on the Allstar team ran really late because of being delayed by a thunderstorm!

31 runningwithsass June 10, 2010 at 5:43 pm

that sunset is beautiful!
OMG I love scrabble and you are right, that is a terrible draw you got!