more ยป" />

Run, Sweat, Run

by Meghann on June 8, 2010

Running on this island is hard work!

I ran 3.2 miles in just under 30 minutes this morning. And trust me those 3 miles were hard work! They were all in sand and despite running before 7:00am I was drenched in sweat as soon as I walked out the door! I don’t see myself going on too terribly long of runs while on the island – feeling like death isn’t my is idea of vacation – so for now 3 miles is just fine! ๐Ÿ™‚

Once everyone else started getting motivated my Dad got to work prepping breakfast for the crew.

It wouldn’t be Dad’s breakfast without his famous biscuits and gravy (Notice the whole milk in the photo above – that’s all my Dad buys/drinks :/ )

IMG_9089.JPG IMG_9090.JPG IMG_9091.JPG

I made the biscuits – Bisquick style!

My plate

1 biscuit + gravy + 1/2 sausage patty

A whole lotta cantaloupe ๐Ÿ™‚

Off to explore the island!

Hopefully the puppies will be able to keep up. They’re still recovering from yesterday’s excitement. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 8, 2010 at 9:47 am

What island are you on?? jealous

2 britchickruns June 8, 2010 at 9:50 am

It must be so fun to be on a big holiday like that with everyone you love; I’ve never done that before but I’d so love to! Have a fab day ๐Ÿ™‚

3 hogeruns June 8, 2010 at 10:02 am

You will be OK!!! I’m sorry to hear about your teeth issue…I’d definitely suggest a 2nd opinion! Also, my dentist suggests only flossing 1x a day (at least at first) otherwise, you can irritate your gums even more. I am spacing the name of the rinse my dentist suggested, I’ll have to check when I get home, it’s really easy on your teeth/gums and just keeps everything healthy and moist (apparently dry mouth can lead to receding gums which can lead to cavities). Looks like you are having a great trip!

4 Lizzy June 8, 2010 at 10:06 am

Meghann: Don’t worry about your teeth! Crest whitening strips can repair all (it may be painful, but it works!). Also, I was at the brunch on Sunday and I didn’t notice anything wrong with your teeth at all! Don’t stress about it too much. You can also do zoom whitening which really works. One of my friends did it before her wedding. I think it’s kinda pricey and she was in severe pain (tempting huh?) but the pain only lasted like two days. Have fun on vacation!!!
Lizzy

5 thewhatkateateblog June 8, 2010 at 10:14 am

Im so envious of your vacation! Enjoy yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

6 starsinthecity June 8, 2010 at 10:27 am

Beach vacations are my absolute favourite! Have fun!

7 Dori June 8, 2010 at 10:40 am

That looks like my beloved TaTa Tamer on your boobies. I didn’t know you had one. Do you love it as much as I do? It’s like armour!

8 Marilou @ Mostly Healthy June 8, 2010 at 10:59 am

You’re looking HOT! (In every meaning way) ๐Ÿ˜‰

9 rachel June 8, 2010 at 11:02 am

I love vacations like that! Alas, I have to wait until August for mine. Enjoy your week!

10 Morgan @ Life After Bagels June 8, 2010 at 11:03 am

your pink island running outfit is sooooooo cute!

11 biz319 June 8, 2010 at 11:07 am

I love the picture of the dogs chillin in the sand on the beach! Sorry about your teeth – is there baking soda? That might help to brush your teeth with that.

12 Lauren June 8, 2010 at 11:08 am

You are making me wish I was on vacation right now!

13 Erica June 8, 2010 at 11:09 am

Great job on the AM run Meghann!!!! Your Dad is such a great cook! I think we need a guest post from him ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Sarah for Real June 8, 2010 at 11:11 am

Hey I’m with your dad on the whole milk thing! That breakfast looks incredible!

15 theprocessofhealing June 8, 2010 at 11:27 am

Oh YUM!!! You can’t go wrong with biscuits and gravy… oh yes.
My dad used to only drink whole milk too.. but then my mom stopped buying it and he was too lazy to go to the store himself, so now he drinks 1%..haha..

16 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 8, 2010 at 11:30 am

I’ve never had biscuits and gravy before

17 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com June 8, 2010 at 11:43 am

LOVE biscuits and gravy!!

18 Carrie Raisler June 8, 2010 at 11:55 am

I think there have been studies that show whole milk as being more nutritious than skim. It’s definitely better for nutrient absorbption as fat helps you process some vitamins & minerals. (I’m not trying to be a milk stumper, I’m actually lactose intolerant! Ha! I just read some interesting stuff about it in Nina Planck’s book “Read Food.”)

I want to go on a vacation to Florida!!! I miss my home state.

19 Carrie Raisler June 8, 2010 at 11:56 am

*Real Food

20 Dori June 8, 2010 at 9:25 pm

I LOVE Nina Planck’s Real Food. I rarely use milk, but ever since, I always select whole milk when I have the option (like at a coffee shop).

21 ayla June 8, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Everything will be okay!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Are you using that rinse because somethings wrong with your gums? If not- listerine brightening and crest white strips = great smile. Good luck gorgeous!

22 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 8, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Everyone I know who drinks whole milk is not overweight! It makes me scratch my head.

We don’t have biscuits and gravy in Canada, but I would love to try a “vegetarianized” version, if there is such a thing!

23 Jen June 8, 2010 at 12:36 pm

First of all – you look amazing!

Second of all – I LOVE bisquick biscuits

24 hundredtenpounds June 8, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I love running on vacation. New scenery!!

25 Liz June 8, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Hi Meghann!

I love your blog! I’ve never commented before but I had to today to let you know that you’re not alone with the teeth issue. The SAME thing happened to me!!! I get cavities no matter how religiously I brush and floss my teeth, so my dentist suggested an anti-cavity rinse. About a week after I started using the stuff, I started getting nasty brown patches on my teeth. It looked like I had 30 years of coffee stains within a couple weeks! I couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on. Then I googled the rinse I was using and found a TON of complaints all over the internet about the rinse causing the very same problem. I was SO angry and embarassed about it. I stopped using the rinse immediately, but was terrified that the spots might be there to stay. Fortunately, about 2 months have gone by since I stopped using the rinse and the spots are totally gone. I just wanted to let you know that there is hope ๐Ÿ™‚ I can’t believe that dentists continue to recommend this stuff when it seems like such a common problem. I guess maybe it’s only certain people whose teeth react that way, but still it seems like they should at least warn people about it!!

26 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 8, 2010 at 12:47 pm

So many comments floating around in my head when reading your last two enteries. 1. GREAT workout outfit, I love the colour! 2. That is a breakfast unlike anything I have ever seen. Is it an American or Southern type thing. I have never seen a breakfast like that in Canada. 3. Sorry about your teeth, I’m a major freak about my teeth/mouth’s appearance in pictures too, but we are all our own worst critic. Don’t worry noone else will notice if you don’t tell them ๐Ÿ˜‰

27 Hillary June 8, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Is that that Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer? How do you like it?

28 Kelly June 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Ugh I can’t wait to be on my vacation in one month!

29 Katherine: What About Summer? June 8, 2010 at 1:12 pm

running in the sand is hard work!

30 Tricia June 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Running in sand is HARD work. great job!

31 Heather Rose June 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Totally cute workout outfit! And that breakfast looks awesome, puts my cereal and milk to shame!

32 alison June 8, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I agree, feeling like death on vacation isn’t exactly the best idea. Running in the sand is hard work.
I think it’s great that your dad does so much cooking. My husband LOVES biscuits and gravy (he’s a southern boy) but I cannot get behind them.

33 Marina June 8, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I dream about running on the island, and then going for a swim. Can’t wait to do that!!

34 fitandfortysomething June 8, 2010 at 2:35 pm

you look so fit! i am sure it was a tough run!

35 Nicci June 8, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Aww, can’t go wrong with biscuits and gravy. I’ve attempted to run on the beach, when I lived in Florida. Face first in sand, but a whole lot of fun. lol

36 Chocolate Coated Runner June 8, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Looks like you had such a fun day! I almost wish I was there LOL

37 datenightproject June 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm

you are so motivated to work out on vacation! that’s awesome! get it girl!

38 Paige (running around normal) June 8, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Running in the sand is KILLER! I’m sure it was a great workout:)

39 Artemis June 8, 2010 at 3:24 pm

That sports bra is literally so frickin’ adorable. It looks like the top half of a hot Jessica Rabbit dress! Is it another Lululemon find?

40 missyrayn June 8, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Is that the Lululemon bra. It looks so comfortable that I just bought one and want to try it running once I’m cleared to run again.

41 Sana June 8, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Wow! That b-fast looks amazing how does your dad make his gravy?

42 amandapanda1981 June 8, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Wow that looks like one yummy breakfast

43 christina cadden June 8, 2010 at 5:09 pm

That breakfast looks amazing!

44 Jenny June 8, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Biscuits and sausage gravy = to die for!!!

45 runningwithsass June 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm

breakfast at the beach always tastes so much better than at home! hope you had a good day!

46 Kellie June 8, 2010 at 6:04 pm

My husband love biscuits and gravy. Poor guy never gets them anymore. Looks like I will have to buy some bisquick.

47 Lisa @ bakebikeblog June 8, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Oh my it looks so hot!!!!!! Great looking breakfast too ๐Ÿ™‚

48 Jocelyn June 8, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Yummy..biscuits and gravy! not something we see here in canada!

Also..I love whole milk ๐Ÿ™‚

49 Hayley @ Breath of Fire June 8, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Your trip looks like so much fun! I’m loving all the vacation pics of Maddie. I’ve never run on sand before, but really want to because it would be beautiful AND i’ve heard it’s a killer workout!

50 elizabethjarrard June 8, 2010 at 9:08 pm

I love running in the sand! extra toning and its fun! I just heard you are running chicago 10.10.10-i’m so pumped for it! Let me know if there will be any blogger meetups-i’d love it!!

51 BroccoliHut June 9, 2010 at 12:52 am

Agreed! hardest run of my life was a few weeks ago on the beach!

52 Char June 10, 2010 at 8:18 pm

just catching up on your blog after being away for awhile. not sure if anyone commented on your tooth staining issue–in case not I want to let you know the staining is most likely not permanent and will come off with a polish from your dentist–we usually do this free of charge in our office. try some salt and baking soda (gross i know) on a brush and see if it helps! don’t worry about it! have a great vacation!