more ยป" />

No Snuggle Puppy

by Meghann on June 3, 2010

Good Morning!

I trust everyone slept well. ๐Ÿ™‚

It was actually nice getting up this morning and not having to let Maddie out or hunting her down to put her in her crate. Though, it wasnโ€™t nice not having my cuddle buddy. My bed is so lonely without my puppy to snuggle with. ๐Ÿ™

This morning I completed my final run before my marathon relay on Saturday. It was an easy 6 miler and I kept it at a casual pace.

Iโ€™ve volunteered to run the final 6.5 mile leg of the relay. Itโ€™s not too terribly long of a distance and I plan on just running it for fun, so Iโ€™m not worried about it at all. This will be my first relay race ever, Iโ€™m kind of excited about that. ๐Ÿ™‚

After my run and shower, I made breakfast.

IMG_8611

The last of Heatherโ€™s Cherry Chocolate Scones that I had in the fridge (I froze the other half a dozen) with some Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter (worth every penny of that $10 for the jar + $5.95 for shipping!)

IMG_8617

Strawberries + Blueberries + Plain Yogurt + Granola

IMG_8613

Today is my last full day of work for the week. Tomorrow I am working a half day of work from home and then Iโ€™m leaving on a jet plane to DC! I love these short work weeks!

If you are in the DC area and would like to meet for brunch on Sunday morning then send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Jenny June 3, 2010 at 9:14 am

Have fun in DC! I’m sure you’ll do a great job at the marathon!

2 Julie @ Wearing Mascara June 3, 2010 at 9:27 am

I’m sad that I won’t be in DC this weekend, BUT I’m excited to see your recap of all the fun events. I’ve never done a relay either but feel like it would be so much fun.

3 Marissa June 3, 2010 at 9:29 am

Last night I accidentally shut my bedroom door when I went to bed, so I didn’t have my Jack Russell to snuggle with either! It felt so weird to wake up by myself. Have fun at your relay; can’t wait to read about it!

4 Jenna June 3, 2010 at 9:30 am

Looks like a perfect breaky to start the day!

5 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 3, 2010 at 10:03 am

I can tell you’re an experienced runner when you say that 6.5 miles isn’t very long. It tires me out just thinking about ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good luck!

6 Alexis June 3, 2010 at 10:15 am

I’m in Orlando too, and I’ve been able to find the Naturally Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter at Chamberlains stores around here (the one I usually go to is at the Oviedo Marketplace, but there’s also one on 434 and Wekiva Springs, and in Winter Park Village). It definitely wasn’t more than $10, I am thinking more like $8 (but I bought it a while ago).

Thought I might be able to save you some cash ๐Ÿ˜‰

7 Gwen June 3, 2010 at 10:28 am

I did a marathon relay last weekend – my first – and it was awesome! I missed which one you’re doing – it’s here in DC??

8 Heather June 3, 2010 at 10:39 am

I’m glad you liked the scones – have a great trip!

9 MyThy as in "mighty" June 3, 2010 at 10:42 am

I had to give up my lhasa apso when we moved into our townhouse (no pets allowed). I miss snuggling w/ my Teegra the tiger. S’ok, she’s guarding the parents home. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yay Yogurtland! I emailed you awhile back on your thoughts of the self-serve froyo fad. I’m a froyo/ice cream lover and I love Yogurtland but hate all the fake sugars and fuzzy ingredients. Regardless, that doesn’t stop me from using my $100 giftcard to indulge once a week. PB cup, taro, pistachio, coconut, and pineapple tart….I think I may have to stop in today!

G’luck this weekend!

10 Katharine June 3, 2010 at 10:53 am

Have fun in D.C.!

11 Jacquie June 3, 2010 at 11:33 am

Yay!!! See you soon ๐Ÿ™‚

12 fitandfortysomething June 3, 2010 at 11:33 am

those scones look so good….glad you had a good run!

13 hundredtenpounds June 3, 2010 at 11:44 am

I have a hard time on vacations without my kitty to snuggle. ๐Ÿ™

14 Tracy June 3, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Make sure you give kabocha another try in the fall when they are in season. I haven’t had a good kabocha in months! They really do have a sweet taste of their own that is different than acorn squash.

15 Kelly June 3, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I miss when my cat doesn’t come up in the bed and say hi in the morning, no fun!

16 missyrayn June 3, 2010 at 12:36 pm

We have to board our dogs for work meetings about once a month and I always miss my morning snuggles with the pups and the fact that they keep my feet warm ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Kerry June 3, 2010 at 12:42 pm

your breakfast looks gorgeous! xx

18 Erin June 3, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Oooh cool! I’ll have to check my calendar but I’m pretty sure Sunday is wide open! :mrgreen:

19 Katherine: What About Summer? June 3, 2010 at 1:19 pm

alas let me know when you get to atlanta

20 inmytummy June 3, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I am also flying to DC tomorrow after work! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to meet you for brunch on Sunday, wish I could!

21 Natalie June 3, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I’ve always thought marathon relays sounded like a lot of fun to do, can’t wait to hear how it goes!

22 jessica June 3, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Meghann, you have to try making your own almond butter! If you have a food processor, it’s so easy! I throw ~3cups of roasted, salted almonds in with 1/2t canola oil and then add whatever I want in (my favorite add ins are maple syrup and cinnamon). Takes about 5 min, you have to scrape down the sides every once in awhile.