“You know what Wednesday is right?”

by Meghann on June 2, 2010

“Hump Day”

I <3 Mr. Schuester!

Seriously, where were all the cute teachers when I was in school?

We didn’t have cute teachers where I’m from. Well, we did have one 20-something female teacher that all the boys fawned over, but that’s besides the point. Our males teachers were all past the point of middle age and past the point of good looks and boyish charm. I bet I would have paid better attention in Spanish class if Mr. Schuester had been teaching it!

Did you have any cute teachers in school?

I did have a slight crush on a couple of my TAs in college, but I was always way to intimidated to ever talk to them!

Happy National Running Day!

This morning I laced up my running shoes and celebrated National Running Day with a quick 4 mile run around my block. The sun has been rising earlier lately, which means the majority of my runs are now in the daylight. More daylight = more heat! I resembled a drowned rat when I returned to my apartment.

Nothing a nice shower and cool bowl of cereal can’t handle.

IMG_8585

• 1/2 cup Quaker Oat Squares
  • 1/2 cup Kashi H2H
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • Ricotta Cheese
  • Drizzle Honey
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Strawberry Preserves
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries

IMG_8579

I love the ricotta mixed with the strawberry preserves. This was a very fruity, delicious breakfast.

IMG_8577

I have a lunch meeting this afternoon and we’re suppose to be ordering lunch in. Instead of the usual greasy pizza, I think I am going to volunteer to order lunch to ensure a fresh, healthy lunch from one of my favorite delis. I hope everyone enjoys the fresh wraps and salads that I have in mind. 🙂

1 Morgan @ Life After Bagels June 2, 2010 at 8:53 am

I actually did have a cute teacher in highschool . . . it was in my last year so I was 18 and he was probably 25 at most . . . then I ran into him at a bar a couple years later when I was in college. You know what, he wasn’t so cute anymore, or maybe that it was only appealing when it was him vs all the old weird history teachers.

2 Marina June 2, 2010 at 9:10 am

We did have some cute teachers… but nothing special 😀
We have them more at the uni :))

3 fitandfortysomething June 2, 2010 at 9:12 am

no cute teachers at my school site!

4 peanutbutterfingers June 2, 2010 at 9:16 am

we had one CUUUUUUUUUTE teacher… mr. radek. 🙂 i still remember him fondly… he was my art teacher & i was TERRIBLE at art. my sketches looked more like lizards than people.

5 runnerstrials June 2, 2010 at 9:25 am

Haha, that was my favorite line from last night’s episode too!

We had a cute sub when I was in high school. Now he’s the assistant principal of the school. My mother is a teacher there and she says all the teachers and students still fawn over him.

Yay for National Running Day. I had no idea!

6 Kate N. June 2, 2010 at 9:27 am

Glee makes my day 🙂 LOVE Mr. Schuester!

My college adviser was single, hot and British! My friend and I joked that we would marry him, and we would have to battle it out. Funny, until he actually married a student…. Then he was creepy.

I actually did date a TA too, but the semester after I took his class 😉

7 Stephanie June 2, 2010 at 9:33 am

We had a reallllly cute substitute teacher, Mr. Shoplock. His first name was Jesse and after freezing in the hallway every time to watch him walk by, me and my girlfriends would (quietly) sing “I wish that I was Jesse’s girl!” Thoroughly embarrassing. 🙂

A couple months ago one of my best high school friends looked him up on Facebook. He’s still cute, if you were wondering 😉

8 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 2, 2010 at 9:42 am

I had at least 2 or 3 cute teachers when I was in high school. Now my husband is a cute high school teacher 😀

9 gavrielski June 2, 2010 at 9:43 am

I had a couple of young, cute teachers in high school and college, but nothing like Shu! The addition of the ricotta cheese to your breakfast sounds delicious. About how much do you use with you make a cereal bowl? I hope the wraps and salads go over well!

10 Bethany June 2, 2010 at 9:44 am

Good job with taking charge of lunch so you’re not at the mercy of someone else! There were two cute younger-ish male teachers at my high school. And they definitely made paying attention in class a LOT easier! 😀

11 Erin June 2, 2010 at 10:01 am

I definitely didn’t have a Mr. Schuester at my school but that line made me LOL. Love Glee!

12 mindy June 2, 2010 at 10:05 am

Oh, Mr. Shue…love him…love Glee! Definitely didn’t have the cute teachers at my school, sadly! We had one student teacher my senior year who was semi-cute, though.

13 Frugal 'n' Fit! June 2, 2010 at 10:11 am

I had a majorly hot English teacher in high school. Mr. Grant! Even 10 years later, he still makes me verklempt.

I think I could definitely get behind a ricotta cheese and strawberry jam breakfast. Holy yum!

14 MaryB June 2, 2010 at 10:16 am

I must be the only person in the world who hasn’t seen Glee? Ok, next rainy day I will find them online or somewhere.
I went to a Catholic school, so no cute teachers, just nuns and priests (and NO they weren’t cute!)

15 jennyinnewyork June 2, 2010 at 10:25 am

I had a very Schuester-eque European History teacher when I was a senior. He was probably around 24 or 25. I mean….let’s be honest- the only reason i took AP European History was because the teacher was super sexy 😉

16 Amy @ Second City Randomness June 2, 2010 at 10:34 am

I had a crush on Coach Jackson and Coach O- they were both high school basketball coaches at some point or another at my school.

Clearly I have a type… lol

17 runningwithsass June 2, 2010 at 10:36 am

I loved that comment last night, so funny!
I did the same thing this morning, thought running before 8 would be nice and cool..not so much!!! I was gross after!
the berries look great as always!

18 clairedille June 2, 2010 at 10:49 am

I had such a cute creative writing teacher in high school that everyone had a crush on…serious YUM. Yay for national running day, what a great holiday!

19 epicourtusf June 2, 2010 at 10:49 am

We had one cute PE teacher but he didn’t stay at our school for long. Other than that they were all past their prime.

P.S. I forgot my garmin on my run this morning and felt so naked! Now I (kind of) know how you felt when you lost yours 🙁

20 Evan Thomas June 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

My cute teacher was 7th grade Miss Wertheim. She had long frizzy red hair and lots of freckles. I literally cried when she announced she was leaving the school

21 Kelly June 2, 2010 at 10:52 am

Haha…I remember growing up having the BIGGEST crush on our high school head football coach…everyone used to make so much fun of me! But he was H-O-T!

22 Miranda @ Mirandasjeans June 2, 2010 at 10:56 am

Oooh I was lucky in high school I had at least 3 hot teachers. They were 32 at the oldest, and they knew they were ‘hot’ teachers so they were always very careful around students.

23 Kelly June 2, 2010 at 11:04 am

Haha I loved last nights episode, any ep where Mr Schue sings is a great one in my opinion!

24 Tina June 2, 2010 at 11:12 am

I taught highschool before staying at home with my daughter and hated being the young teacher the guys liked. I once even had one tell me “hey…you know I’m 18 right???” with a wink. EWWW! I will say though that there were some hot young teacher men at the school I taught at and I did think on occasion how nice it would have been to have a teacher like that in high school. LOL

I haven’t seen last night’s Glee yet. I can’t wait to though. I seriously love that show.

25 britchickruns June 2, 2010 at 11:14 am

I had a GORGEOUS teacher in my high school!! All the girls loved him 🙂 I saw him at a half marathon this year – he was fast, about 1hr30! Crazy 😛

26 Nekeisha June 2, 2010 at 11:16 am

Like you ALL the young, hot teachers at my school were female. My french teacheer was the hottest of them all, there were guys in my class that were definitely NOT doing french. Our class only had 1 male student but about 5 or 6 visitors every so often. There was also 2 hot english teachers one I never had who had a very tall, goodlooking husband who took her to lunch regularly. The other was my fav english teacher.

27 Anna June 2, 2010 at 11:17 am

Lol…I know, I always say that too– all my high school teachers were 60 year old women! No cute Mr. Schuesters to be found. But, I did have some hot English teachers in college!

28 Olivia @ Blissful Runner June 2, 2010 at 11:23 am

I spent my Memorial Day weekend with season 1 of Glee. I heart Mr. Schuester too! And I’m spending National Running Day on the treadmill. It’s supposed to be 90+ degrees in Baltimore today. Eww.

29 amystartstorun June 2, 2010 at 11:47 am

Not even one attractive teacher in high school! I was crush-happy back then, so I sure would have noticed.

I live in AZ and I’m waiting till the sun goes down to do my run tonight. It’ll still be toasty, but at least without the sun beating down on me!

30 adrienmelaine June 2, 2010 at 11:50 am

I want MR. Schu to tell me something good.. I freaking loved it last night!

Your breakfast bowls are amazing- I would never think of putting ricotta in mine, but you might just be on to something!

31 Jenna (Hello, I Love You) June 2, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Mmm Ricotta cheese for breakfast…yes please! 🙂

And I heart Mr. Schu….huge crush! He is in LA right now performing in South Pacific and my g-ma went to see it and she was even talking about how cute he is! Hilarious!

32 Heather Rose June 2, 2010 at 12:14 pm

My training schedule today calls for some cross training, but since I found out it’s National Running Day, I’m going to trade tomorrow’s schedule for today and run, run, run!

And no cute teachers for me in high school 🙁 Would have been nice to have some for eye candy considering I went to an all girls high school!

33 lowandbhold June 2, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Haha, that was a great moment on Glee last night. I also particularly enjoyed the “Loser” rendition.

We had a few hottie coaches, one of them even ended up marrying one of his students after she graduated. Kind of skeevy.

34 fabuleuxdestinbrenna June 2, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I <3 Mr Shu…

35 Jessica @ Jessica Balances June 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I’ve been looking like a drowned rat after my runs, too – Tennessee weather is SO hot and humid during this time of year! I’m actually trying to convince myself to head outside for a run right now… Dreading the heat though…

36 hemp jogger June 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm

that line from glee last night had me cracking up! love mr schue…but i love sue, too!

def had some cuties…one in particular was my trig teacher. thank goodness! trigonometry was so confusing, which led me to ask many questions after class 😉

37 Jenna June 2, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Ricotta in you breaky sounds interesting!!

38 missyrayn June 2, 2010 at 2:40 pm

My college friend was the hot spanish teacher right after we graduated. All his students loved him and it made me giggle because he was not a hit with the ladies in college…he had one steady girlfriend he married about a year after graduation 🙂

39 Allie June 2, 2010 at 3:25 pm

OMG… my high school had a very well known “hot teacher” – probably didn’t help that he was in his early twenties and was working at an all-girls school. I remember hearing he wasn’t legally allowed to teach Grade 11/12 because he was too close in age to the students… isn’t that nuts!

40 Kerry June 2, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I currenly AM a cute teacher 😉

41 Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy June 2, 2010 at 4:14 pm

What’s funny is that I had a crush on my Spanish teacher is high school! He was really young, must have been right out of college! 🙂 It’s a little embarrassing to admit now! Ha!

42 rayshine June 2, 2010 at 6:53 pm

LOVE the Glee reference! I was totally thinking of that line today when I remembered it was Wednesday!

43 rebecca lustig June 2, 2010 at 10:32 pm

mr. schuester is SOOO fine.

happy hump/running day. (odd pairing, no? ha)

44 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 3, 2010 at 1:07 am

i love that you put chocolate chips in your cereal. my kinda girl!

45 Aimee June 16, 2010 at 9:30 am

A little late in this comment, but I was wondering about your calories during the day. About how many calories do you eat each day? How do you divide them up – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks? I love seeing your posts about your food. I’m planning on trying something similar to the breakfast from this post tomorrow. Sounds yummy! I’m trying to lose weight and am a little worried about the calories, though…

46 Meghann June 16, 2010 at 11:10 am

Hi Aimee –

I don’t count calories. I listen to my body and eat what it tells me too. I try to stick with whole foods that are naturally low in calories. 🙂

{ 2 trackbacks }