more ยป" />

Bowling League

by Meghann on June 2, 2010

Look who paied a little visit to Orlando this evening.

Derek! ๐Ÿ™‚

You may or may not know this, but Derek is a serious bowler. He loves the game and has no problem bowling strike after strike after strike. I don’t know how he does it, but he has skills!

My company is putting together a company bowling league and had a kick off party tonight at the local ally. When I told Derek about the free bowling party he was all game for making the drive to Orlando to have some fun. Plus, he’s watching Maddie while I’m out of the state next weekend, so it worked out that he could come and get her too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Considering how small my office is, I’d say we had a pretty good turn out tonight.

The bowling ally itself was very old school

Check out the high tech score keeping

At least they had beer!

During our game I had a Sam’s Adam

Overall I had a blast bowling with my co-workers. Even though I only scored a 98 this evening (Derek bowled a 189!) I’m seriously considering signing up for the weekly league. If anything it will give me something fun to do every Tuesday for the next 10 weeks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Before bowling tonight I experimented with my first ever kabocha

I bought this little guy at an asian market I visited over the weekend. After seeing the kabocha represented on so many blogs in the past, I figured it was my turn to try it out.

I baked the kabocha at 400 degrees for 30 minutes and served it HEAB style with a nuked sauce of almond butter and almond milk.

If you would have told me the kabocha was acorn squash I would not have not have been the wiser. It looked the same and tasted the same to me. ๐Ÿ™‚ The kabocha was of course delicious, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase it if i I could just as wasily get acorn squash at the regular grocery store. ๐Ÿ™‚

I also had some baked buffalo tofu

and cherry tomatoes just because.

Derek and I stopped at Yogurtland on the way home from bowling.

Both of our combined was $5.25. I’d say that’s probably the cheapest we have ever spent together at a self serve yogurt place!

It’s so quiet at my apartment with out Maddie around. I miss her already. ๐Ÿ™

The week is almost over. Yay!

1 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 2, 2010 at 11:40 pm

What a fun night!!!!!

2 Amy @ Second City Randomness June 2, 2010 at 11:44 pm

I find bowling is a nice little outlet for frustrating days… lol. I say go for it!

3 Danielle June 2, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Whaaaat Kabocha & Acorn squash are so different! lol Unless the acorn squash in FL is better than the ones up here ๐Ÿ˜‰

4 April June 2, 2010 at 11:52 pm

OMG yogurtland is the BEST fro-yo place ON THE PLANET. I wish I lived in SoCal so I could go every day!

5 dianacheung June 2, 2010 at 11:54 pm

I love how Derek visits you so much! He’s a trooper with all that driving and during the week visits…Now..if only he’ll pop the question..HINT HINT.

6 Molly June 3, 2010 at 12:12 am

You should definitely try another kabocha squash! Sometimes they are a hit or miss. The best ones are really dense and creamy and nutty. I usually just steam it for 5-10 minutes and eat. Yum!

7 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) June 3, 2010 at 1:53 am

Bowling is seriously one of my favorite things! You should totally join the league. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kabocha with nut butter, OMG. Add cinnamon and it is sooo good. It tastes amazing with any squash though!

8 Jess (Nurse Jess the Blog) June 3, 2010 at 3:05 am

Ugh jealous! Yogurtland is one of the number one things I miss about LA!! <3

9 britchickruns June 3, 2010 at 3:55 am

You think they taste the same!? That’s crazy, I think kabocha has a totally unique taste! I go very verrrry out of my way to buy iy ๐Ÿ˜›
Bowling looks fun ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com June 3, 2010 at 7:29 am

I’m pretty sure my husband and I have never spent only $5 on yogurt for the BOTH of us! That’s usually ONE of us! ๐Ÿ™‚

11 Lindsay June 3, 2010 at 7:52 am

Baked buffalo tofu sounds really yummy! Also, a score of 98 is nothing to sneeze at. I’m a terrible bowler, so that score seems awesome to me! ๐Ÿ™‚

12 rebecca lustig June 3, 2010 at 8:23 am

bowling is SO fun and something i often forget about!! i recently went on a triple date to this really fun bowling alley, let loose and had FUN!! something i should consider doing more often, for sure.

enjoy your Thursday!
xo bec

13 ActiveEggplant June 3, 2010 at 10:25 am

Baked Buffalo Tofu – can you PLEASE direct me to the recipe for that?! Looks amazing!

And that 98 is a great score if you ask me – I’m lucky to break 90 at all when I bowl!

14 runningwithsass June 3, 2010 at 11:14 am

fun! I love bowling, although I am not very good

15 missyrayn June 3, 2010 at 12:39 pm

My dad bowled on a league when I was a kid and I went with him as a good luck charm. It was fun.