Swim + Run

by Meghann on May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!

Kelly and I took advantage of our free Monday and planned a brick work out for the morning.

We started with a 1km swim at Lucky’s Lake (which was packed!)

DSCF6317.JPG

And ended with a 4 mile run.

DSCF6322.JPG DSCF6323.JPG

Basically we rock. πŸ˜‰

Before the brick work out I fueled up with a delicious bowl of cereal.

• 1/2 cup Maddie Wishes this Was Her Cereal <– the last of the container πŸ™
  • 1/2 cup Honey Puffs
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Puffins < — the last of the box πŸ™
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Defrosted frozen strawberries < — I was out of all fresh fruit
  • Raisins

The big bowl of cereal held up surprisingly for my hour long work out.

After I returned home I had a serving of dried fruit with peanut butter.

One year ago today I was running my first marathon!!!

DSCN1089.JPG

You can read my original recap here and see my marathon video here. πŸ™‚

DSCN1131.JPG

Boy how time flies!

Since my FIRST marathon I have ran:

Here’s to another year of amazing races! No other marathon will ever compare to the excitement of not knowing what to expect of my first. It truly holds a special place in my heart. πŸ™‚

Good luck to all the San Diego marathon runners who will be kicking booty next weekend. That means you, Bobbi!!

And I’m off to the Memorial Day BBQ at my parent’s house! Let’s home the rain holds off!

1 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope May 31, 2010 at 10:50 am

I was just reading your race recaps yesterday. So amazing and inspirational. I am just learning how to run, and have two sprint tri’s coming up at the end of summer/beginning of Fall. I live in St. Pete. anyway, my sister is a runner and did Boston last year. I never thought I would/could be a runner, but now that I’m training, I think…why not?! Someday I will do a marathon:)

2 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 31, 2010 at 10:54 am

Was your first marathon your first race ever?

3 britchickruns May 31, 2010 at 10:58 am

Gosh, you’ve done so many races! I’m going to go read your frist marathon recap now – my first one is in October, and I’m so excited! Marine Corps, here I come….!! Have a good day πŸ™‚

4 Lauren @ Team Giles May 31, 2010 at 11:02 am

YEA for sister workouts! those are the best! and I remembered reading about your first marathon, so awesome! You’ve come so far, and continue to do so. Awesome! Happy Memorial Day!

5 Help Meghan Run May 31, 2010 at 11:04 am

I’m running the San Diego Half next weekend! I’m pretty psyched. πŸ˜€

6 Anna May 31, 2010 at 11:13 am

You are such a race rock star! Have a great holiday!

7 thefitbride May 31, 2010 at 11:13 am

You two are so cute!

If you’re ever looking for something to write about, I’d love to hear your tips for first-time marathoners since you’ve now been through it four times–like what you wished you’d done to prepare but didn’t, etc.

8 Courtney May 31, 2010 at 11:18 am

Fun! I’m thinking of running a half marathon this august- how do you run in the heat??

9 Kelly May 31, 2010 at 7:31 pm

You either run really early or really late. It’s not really bad yet so I can still run from 8-9am but in August it’s going to be brutal!

10 Melissa Cari May 31, 2010 at 11:26 am

You are so inspirational πŸ™‚ Congrats on the amazing year of races. I look forward to following you for many many more!

11 adrienmelaine May 31, 2010 at 11:31 am

You are amazing- I can’t believe how many events you have done- I hope you’re proud!

12 Danielle May 31, 2010 at 11:31 am

Meghann, I saw you running the Rock ‘N Roll marathon exactly a year ago and it really inspired me πŸ˜€ At the time, I had never ran outside (I could make it 3 miles). And now… I’m leaving in 4 DAYS to go run the Rock ‘N Roll in Sand Diego!! Just thought I’d let ya know you’ve inspired people

Have fun at the BBQ πŸ˜€

13 missyrayn May 31, 2010 at 11:52 am

I love that you have such an awesome record of all your races. I wish I had a record of all my races.

14 Amanda On Foot May 31, 2010 at 11:53 am

Wow, that’s an awesome Memorial Day workout. I opted for the bike today instead.

Can’t wait to read more.

Cheers.
Amanda
amandaonfoot.blogspot.com

15 Kelly May 31, 2010 at 12:16 pm

You are a racing queen!!! πŸ™‚ WOW!

16 christina cadden May 31, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Looks like a lot of fun!

17 Erin May 31, 2010 at 12:20 pm

It is HOT and HUMID today. Great time to be at the pool and cooling down. πŸ˜€

18 Lindsay May 31, 2010 at 12:35 pm

That’s amazing that you’ve done so many races in only a year’s time! You’re an inspiration. It’s nice to know that your first marathon holds a special place in your heart. I’m gearing up for my first marathon in October. I’m going to kick it Rocky Mountain style at the Rock N’ Roll Denver Marathon, and I’m so excited to start training in a couple weeks! Gah! First marathon! Crazy. Hopefully, it won’t be my last.

19 Maura May 31, 2010 at 12:35 pm

The first posts of yours I ever read were the San Diego marathon ones, as I was led to your page after Jenna wished you good luck. I am running my first marathon at Rock n Roll next weekend – it’s crazy how things come full circle. Congrats on all of your races – your athleticism is truly inspiring.

20 Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 31, 2010 at 12:46 pm

You guys definitely DO rock! Woohoo!

21 Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle May 31, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Just read and watched your recaps!!!! CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKEND!

22 Hayley @ Breath of Fire May 31, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Wow, look at all the racing you have been doing the past year. Awesome job!

23 runningwithsass May 31, 2010 at 1:47 pm

great job on the workout, and you have run a lot of great races this year!

24 Doug May 31, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Wow. After reading this I feel like a bum for not being the least bit active on memorial day πŸ™‚ Glad your making the most of it!

25 runnerforever May 31, 2010 at 2:11 pm

You girls do rock! Enjoy the BBQ!

26 sunscreen May 31, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Why don’t you HINT HINT at Derek??!?!?

27 ActiveEggplant May 31, 2010 at 5:08 pm

WOW – that’s quite a race calendar for the year! I honestly don’t know if I’d be able to handle that much – I’m still mentally recovering from the Disney Marathon and can’t imagine running much further than a 15k, let alone another marathon. You’re an inspiration to keep pushing myself!

28 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 31, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Meghann! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now but had no idea you ran the SD Rock ‘n Roll with TnT!! I’m running it next weekend with Team in Training, too!!!! Ahhh, your race recap got me SO excited. I can’t even contain my excitement/nerves at this point. I live in San Diego and I can’t drive by a “Road will be closed due to marathon June 6th” sign without my heart skipping a beat. Seeing all you’ve done since then is so inspiring. I have a feeling this marathon is going to send me off into a race frenzy. πŸ™‚

29 Lisa @ bakebikeblog May 31, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Your race list is so super impressive πŸ™‚ You rock girl!!!!

30 Jenny May 31, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Congrats on the swim and the marathon! I love how athletic you are!

31 Marissa May 31, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Wow! That’s a lot of races! I still can’t believe you ran a 50k; that just blows my mind. Basically, yeah, you rock. ;]

32 gavrielski May 31, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Wow…this last year has been incredible for you–way to go! That is so impressive, and you must be so proud of yourself. Your weekend looks awesome, too! What a great way to spend the Memorial holiday! πŸ™‚

33 Katherine: What About Summer? May 31, 2010 at 7:55 pm

how much has changed in a year; it’s fun looking back!

34 *Andrea* May 31, 2010 at 8:16 pm

beautiful sisters<33

35 ginavan May 31, 2010 at 10:14 pm

You are a racing queen! I enjoyed your Rock n’ Roll recap last year and just read and watched it again! So cool! I’m going to run Rock n Roll next Sunday! You have inspired me to take my little camera. I’ve been taking it on my long training runs! Thanks for the inspiration you give us everyday!

36 Bobbi June 1, 2010 at 9:43 am

Such great memories!!! I can’t wait for Chi town!

37 swimventure June 2, 2010 at 7:41 am

Hey racing queen, you are both are so sweet..