Tonight’s the Night!

by Meghann on May 28, 2010

I slept in this morning and it felt good. πŸ™‚

I took Maddie for a mile or so walk and soaked up the early morning sunshine and cool breeze. That cool breeze doesn’t last very long in the morning, so I took advantage of it while I could. πŸ™‚

Before the walk I pieced together a delicious breakfast cookie a la The Fitnessista.

IMG_8206

• 1/2 cup Oats
  • Applesauce
  • Almond Butter
  • Cinnamon
  • Raisins
  • Cacao Nibs
  • Hazelnuts

IMG_8202

with plain yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, and a sprinkle of granola.

IMG_8201

I haven’t had a breakfast cookie in a while, these babies are so easy to put together and a nice change to my normal morning routine.

Do you know what tonight is?!?!

Eeekkk!!!!!

My roommates and I were HUGE Sex and the City fanatics in college. I remember we all splurged for HBO our first semester just so we could watch the final season as it unfolded. And thanks to TV on DVD I’ve seen every episode there ever was (some multiple times!) even though I didn’t technically start watching the show until college.

Admit it – we all have a Sex and the City character that we were associated with at one point or another. Out of the four roommates I was always seen as the Charlotte of the group (I was very innocent and proper back in the day. πŸ˜‰ ) though I secretly wanted to be seen as Carrie. (I think we all secretly want to be Carrie!).

Which Sex and the City girl are you?

My sister and I are seeing the 7:00 pm showing tonight (Kelly – you remembered to buy the tickets, right?) and I can not wait! I don’t care if the reviews suck or that there are a million other people in the theater with us, I am going to take in every minute of Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, Samantha, and Big that I can. πŸ™‚

I get goose bumps just watching that!!

1 britchickruns May 28, 2010 at 8:44 am

Oh you’re so lucky you’re seeing it tonight!! I have to wait til next week πŸ™
I think I’m Charlotte…neat, big dreams of a perfect wedding etc – but with a tiny bit of Carrie too…
I love SATC πŸ˜€

2 thefitbridesmaid May 28, 2010 at 8:47 am

I was Charlotte, too! I remember seeing the first movie two years ago and the theater was filled with women (girls) just like my friends and me. There was giggling and shrieking throughout the film. It was such an awesome atmosphere!

HAVE FUN! I hope I get to see it this weekend as well.

3 Evan Thomas May 28, 2010 at 8:48 am

Happily, I know very little about the show or the franchise. All these Sex And The City movies has me wondering, when are they going to make a Friends movie?!

4 Emily May 28, 2010 at 8:58 am

That breakfast looks so good – especially with those in-season berries. I’m so excited for summer fruit season!
Hmmm…I think maybe I’m a combination of Miranda and Carrie?

5 Bridget May 28, 2010 at 9:00 am

SATC brings back SUCH great memories from college (even before). I too was a Charlotte…probably still am πŸ™‚ Between my friends and I we owned all the DVDs and watched them alllll the time. I’m going tonight with old college roomies! Hope you have fun tonight too!! I’m sure we can recap what we thought later!

6 pursuitofhealthfulness May 28, 2010 at 9:05 am

I think I’m most like Charlotte, but the thing that makes SITC so great is that I think we can all relate to different parts of every character! A local radio station did a poll the other day, and apparently men most want to be with (in order): Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha and then Carrie… I need to check into how that poll was conducted… seems a little off.

7 Erin May 28, 2010 at 9:09 am

I loved SATC in college, too. It wasn’t airing on TV anymore but everyone had the DVD’s and we would watch hours at a time. So fun! I’m definitely a Charlotte with a little Miranda mixed in. πŸ˜‰

8 gina (fitnessista) May 28, 2010 at 9:17 am

breakfast cookie! looks amazing πŸ™‚
um, so i just asked the same question as you at the end of my blog… haha great minds think alike πŸ™‚ i’ll change it
hope you have a happy friday!

9 fitandfortysomething May 28, 2010 at 9:29 am

oh i am so jeolous! i LOVE that show and the first movie! i am carrie for sure…..

10 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 28, 2010 at 9:32 am

I’m going to see the movie tomorrow with my girlfriends from college too – I’m SO excited!!
I’d say I’m a combo of Carrie (for her love of fashion) and Charlotte (for her innocence) πŸ˜‰

11 chasingthenow May 28, 2010 at 9:44 am

I have no idea who I would be out of those four… they are all screwed up but so fun to watch! Jealous that you are seeing it tonight, but I’ll watch it soon!

12 Madeline - Greens and Jeans May 28, 2010 at 9:50 am

I have to wait until next Tuesday! Boooo. I always thought I was more of a Miranda, but my friends all swear up and down that I’m a Carrie.

13 theprocessofhealing May 28, 2010 at 9:54 am

Oh gosh I am SO JEALOUS!!!! I am DYING to see the movie! I just started watching the seasons about a month or two ago when I was laid up on crutches.. it didn’t take long for me to get addicted!! I am now on Season 6 and I don’t want it to end!!! I’m not sure what i’m going to watch when it’s over..

14 Kristina @goodnweird May 28, 2010 at 10:06 am

I’m going to see SATC tonight 2! I can’t wait. My friends and I are getting dressed up, having cocktails, and going to see the late show. So excited.

15 biz319 May 28, 2010 at 10:11 am

Have fun with Kelly tonight! I never even watched the show when it was on, but I know there are tons of fans!

16 Anna May 28, 2010 at 10:16 am

I’d say I’m a combo of Miranda and Carrie. I hope you like the movie– it’s been getting bad reviews πŸ™ I still want to see it!

17 Amy @ Second City Randomness May 28, 2010 at 10:20 am

I’m a Miranda. Totally. Sarcastic and quite the realist. I used to say I had a smidge of Carrie in me, but I’m pretty sure I wanted that to be true because everyone wants to be Carrie… lol

18 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 28, 2010 at 10:22 am

I was never big into the show, but I loved the first movie! Definitely going to see the second one.

19 Sarah May 28, 2010 at 10:29 am

Love Sex and the City!!! Don’t forget Aidan’s big appearance in this edition!!! Swooon!

20 Shell May 28, 2010 at 10:29 am

Ooh take me! I am positively DYING to see it! I love SATC!!!I think its the best tv show um lets see EVER!! And John Corbett yes please!! I secretly ALWAYS thought that Carrie totally should have married Aiden he is so sweet and not to mention SEXY!

21 Kelly May 28, 2010 at 10:30 am

I’m SO going to that movie tonight, I can’t freaking wait!! Have fun!

22 Nicole May 28, 2010 at 10:35 am

I’m mostly Miranda with a mix of Carrie and Charlotte thrown in. Nobody ever really says Samantha, ha ha. Anyway, ignore the reviews for the movie b/c it was AWESOME. I saw it last night and laughed so hard and loved it so much. I miss my girls. I wish they were still on tv.

23 Kristen May 28, 2010 at 10:36 am

I’m definately Charolette too, although since hitting my 30’s, I’m starting to be a little more like Carrie πŸ™‚ And I think we’ve all dated a Mr. Big at some point, I know I have…

I’m going to see it this weekend too, and can’t wait!!!

24 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 28, 2010 at 10:38 am

Your breakfast looks gooooood! I’m curious about SATC, everyone is raving about it!! πŸ™‚

Jenn

25 DiningAndDishing May 28, 2010 at 10:39 am

I’ve been told I remind people of both Miranda and Samantha…who I think are total opposites!! I guess I must be somewhere in between :).

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

26 megan May 28, 2010 at 11:06 am

I’ve actually never seen the show and have no idea who the characters are. I had no idea it had such a following! Wow, now I wonder if I’m missing something. Although I think I was in college when it was popular, and I went to a small Christian school and didn’t have cable, so that might have had something to do with it πŸ™‚

27 Joey May 28, 2010 at 11:07 am

You are going to LOVE the movie. I saw it last night & already have plans to see it again on Sunday. It was great! I’m a Carrie/Miranda mix! πŸ™‚ I used to be Charlotte back in the day, too! πŸ™‚

28 Caitlin in MD May 28, 2010 at 11:18 am

I’ve been trying to deny it for years but I have given up and admit that I am Miranda πŸ™‚

29 Sarah for Real May 28, 2010 at 11:22 am

Oh I’m definitely a Charlotte too. I love love loved the show but found that it didn’t translate well to the big screen. I’ll probably wait to see this one until it comes out on bluray.

For me the first movie just didn’t have the spit and vinegar of the HBO show. I still enjoyed it though, just as long as I didn’t compare it to the show and that’s what I’ll do when I see the second one!

30 Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 28, 2010 at 11:26 am

I saw it last night!!!! Have fun!!! I’m probably a Charlotte too, although I don’t always want to admit it πŸ˜‰

31 adrienmelaine May 28, 2010 at 11:31 am

I was never Charlotte, I always thought of myself more like Carrie.. Who knows how true that is- have fun- I cannot wait to see this one!

32 Sandy Cooper May 28, 2010 at 11:39 am

Hi – my daughter (over the past year) has lost 50 pounds and has just started her own food blog and is really into eating right and fitness. Her dad is big into doing triathalons and also swims at Lucky’s lake. She is coming down for the summer and is doing a Sprint Tri in Clermont in June and I was wondering if we might be able to meet you sometime at Lucky’s lake. I really enjoy your blog and she has you on her blog roll. Thanks again for taking the time to share all your recipes and good food choices.

33 Meghann May 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Hi Sandy! I would love to meet you guys. E-mail me at graduatemeghann@gmail.com

34 Kelly May 28, 2010 at 11:41 am

Yeah i’ve decided to wait a few weeks and miss the crowds

35 Kellie May 28, 2010 at 11:43 am

my friend’s and I are going Monday. Can’t wait!

36 Kelly May 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Miranda…I am definitely Miranda.

37 Natalie May 28, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I’m a Charlotte. πŸ™‚ I couldn’t believe all of the awful reviews the movie has been getting! I haven’t seen it yet, but we’re planning on going next weekend. Maybe it’s not a cinematic masterpiece, but from what I’ve heard and seen it looks like a really FUN movie. We all need movies like that!

38 runningwithsass May 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I would def. be charlotte, too!

39 Heather May 28, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I’m a total Carrie! I saw the movie at an advance pre-screening Monday night, and for true SATC fans, it was a good movie. Have fun, I hope you and your sister like it!

40 Neely May 28, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I can’t believe people would “want” to be a Carrie. I find her to be a self-absorbed twit, lol. But hey…

I might take a friend’s invitation to go see this but the reviews are SO dismal, I dunno. I loved the series but the movies, I dunno. I just miss the show a lot.

That said, I guess I would be Miranda. Smart and sarcastic….

have fun!

41 Lauren @ Running Examiner May 28, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Is it really terrible if I say I’m most like Samantha? hahahaha

Just kidding. Sort of. I think I’m like Samantha in that I speak my mind, and believe that women should rally against limiting stereotypes. In thought, I’m like Samantha. In deed, probably Carrie.

I’m sort of interested in seeing the new movie, but–confession time–I really hated the first. It didn’t even begin to compare to the series, I thought. I’m still undecided about whether I see SATC 2 or not.

42 petersenplace May 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I am so excited to see the movie too – I am seeing it twice this weekend with two sets of girlfriends, it is the best! Have a great Friday and enjoy the movie πŸ™‚

43 jenna May 28, 2010 at 1:32 pm

i’m definitely a mix of carrie and miranda. i looved the tv series and the first movie. i went to the midnight showing on wednesday and must admit, i was definitely disappointed. it was very disrespectful to homosexuals and the middle eastern culture. i think they were going were funny but it just came off as ignorant.

44 Andrea of Care to Eat May 28, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I’m totally Samantha, only without the raging whore thing. I just like to speak my mind and I’m not afraid to use dirty words πŸ™‚

45 rc1001 May 28, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I don’t want to be Carrie at all. I HATE Big and I can’t believe she wound up with him after all of the crap he drug her through.

I was always Team Aiden. I can’t wait to see what happens with him in the movie. I love love love him.

I am a combination of Samantha and Charlotte. I know they are like polar opposites but I love Charlottes style and Samantha’s attitude/personality.

46 jenny May 28, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I saw the movie Wednesday night! I really liked it- it reminded me of a super long episode. Much more lighthearted than the first movie.

I’m probably a Samantha haha. Not because of the sex loving side of her though! She’s so witty, successful and strong! Love her.

47 Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy May 28, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Enjoy the movie!!! I actually haven’t even seen the 1st movie! —I know!

Your breakfast cookie looks really good! I’ll have to try that soon!

48 missyrayn May 28, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I’ve never seen an episode. I’m probably the only woman on the planet to say that but I didn’t have HBO.

49 Erin May 28, 2010 at 10:51 pm

I saw SATC2 yesterday… I’m a huge fan, a fanatic, even… For anybody on here who hasn’t watched the show, you MUST. For so many reasons I can’t list!

50 Laura May 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I’ve always been fairly quiet and shy, and admittedly a teeny bit princess-y. I really want to be a mother in the near-ish future and I work in an art gallery. I don’t think I can deny I’m a Charlotte! πŸ™‚