more ยป" />

Sex & The City 2

by Meghann on May 28, 2010

“We made a deal ages ago. Man, babies, doesn’t matter. We’re soulmates.”

Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Maybe it’s because I’m a diehard Sex and the City fan or maybe it’s because I’m a romantic at heart, but I thought the movie was fabulous. It had heart, it made me laugh, and I got to catch up with my favorite girls. What’s not to love?

I think what I enjoyed the most was how they could have easily divided the movie into three parts and had three episodes from the original series. The movie read just like the original series. Which – in my opinion – all movies based off of television series should do.

If you loved the series then you will love the movie. If you’ve never seen an episode of the show then you may be a little lost, but that’s ok. Either way it’s a good laugh and a cute movie to see with the girls!

Kelly and I saw the 7:00 pm showing at a smaller theater and were able to avoid some of the crazy crowds.

There was a bit of a line, but nothing too bad – trust me I’ve seen worse!

I saved a little $$ by packing my own dinner for the theater.

While the previews began to play I ate my ricotta cheese, strawberry jam, raisins, and spinach pita.

I had dreamt up this combination a couple of days ago and have been saving it for this occasion. I knew the sweet combination would be perfect movie watching fuel. It was a delicious pita and reminded me of a bagel with cream cheese and jam. Yum!.

After the pita I started on my pre-packed carrots with Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter.

What’s a movie without popcorn?

After swooning over Aiden and Big, we headed to Coldstone for a sweet treat.

I asked for a kid’s cone of cake batter and crunch candy bar.

I had originally said a ‘kid’s cone’ but the guy accidentally made a like it cup. He scooped the kid’s size amount into a cone and went ahead and gave me the rest of what was in the like it cup.

It’s the weekend! Woo hoo!!

I have a long bike ride planned the morning and then no plans the rest of the day. It’s such a strange feeling not to have any plans! I better soak it in. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good Night!

1 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com May 29, 2010 at 12:54 am

GOOD! SO GLAD U LOVED IT! cant wait to go see it soon!!

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) May 29, 2010 at 1:16 am

I wanna see it so badly!!! I watched the entire series in 1 summer (2 summers ago) and I’m thinking it’s time to go through it again! Glad you enjoyed it…now I’m looking forward to it even more.

3 Mary @ Triangle of fitness May 29, 2010 at 2:07 am

I CANNOT wait to see that movie! Unfortunately, I have to wait another 10 days. A group of us girls decided we would go together but we have to wait for one friend to get back from vacation. ๐Ÿ™ Your movie snacks look SOOO good, healthy and filling!

4 livelifeeatright May 29, 2010 at 2:45 am

I loce your movie treats!! cant wait to see it! Sex in the City is my all time favorite..I think I have seen every episode 100 times! Have a great weekend!!

5 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs May 29, 2010 at 3:04 am

Ahh I’m so glad it was good – I cannot wait to see it! I’m suuuch a huge fan, and the first one was amazing so I’m tres excited ๐Ÿ˜€
Are you allowed to bring your own food into the cinema!? You’d get kicked out if you did that over here lol!

6 Alison May 29, 2010 at 4:41 am

I am a diehard SATC fan but I don’t think the movie was good at all! (I loved the clothes!!!) BUT the movie was just a bunch of strung together one liners – it was also not well edited and didn’t have a great plot. The real SATC would have never let the thing with Aidan drop like that or basically made Miranda a supporting character. I was just disappointed because the actual series was just so well done – they had a lot to work with but opted instead for a quick moneymaker:-(

7 Brynne May 29, 2010 at 7:41 am

Yay so glad you loved it! I can’t wait to see it this weekend :0) That pita sounds so good too – great idea!

8 Joanna May 29, 2010 at 8:49 am

I agree that s&tc is a great excuse for girly fun night, but my friends and I all found the movie HIGHLY offensive. There was of course the blatant elitism and lack of perspective for the average socioeconomic perspective (“here’s to the ladies who can’t afford hired help”????), the faux respect of another culture was actually incredibly demeaning and uncomfortable, plus the conjured universal womanhood was also pretty offensive. Not to mention the bizarro and out of context “sex and the city characters go on an escapade” portion. I’m a sex and the city diehard, but this was uncomfortably bad. That said, I wouldn’t trade in my girls night, despite the bad movie ๐Ÿ™‚

9 rebecca lustig May 29, 2010 at 8:58 am

so was the movie good?!

10 biz319 May 29, 2010 at 8:59 am

Glad you had a great night with your sister!

11 Amy @ Second City Randomness May 29, 2010 at 9:14 am

I’m glad you liked it. So many people have been negative towards it- but I really think that’s because this one is supposed to be so much lighter- the other one was so intense and dramatic and I guess people were expecting another one like it?

12 Taylor May 29, 2010 at 9:42 am

I’m so jealous that you saw the movie last night! I’m glad you enjoyed it!! What a great idea to bring your dinner to the movie. That saves so much money b/c the movies are so expensive these days! Have a great weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Kellie May 29, 2010 at 10:04 am

I am going to buy some ricotta. I like jam on swiss and bread, and jam on provolone, but I bet the ricotta is really delicious.

14 runningwithsass May 29, 2010 at 10:48 am

I always bring my own food into the theater, too. glad you liked the movie! YUM cake batter at coldstone is my fav! (that and cheesecake!)

15 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 29, 2010 at 11:00 am

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. I hope to see it soon!

16 christina cadden May 29, 2010 at 11:25 am

I can not wait to see that movie!

17 Trish May 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I really enjoyed the movie too. It wasn’t like the actual series – nothing can match that. I do think that was better. But it was a lot of fun and I liked it. ๐Ÿ™‚ It was just supposed to be fun and funny – which it was.

18 Suburban Sweetheart May 29, 2010 at 3:05 pm

This review was enough to confirm that I have no desire to see the movie! http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/burkas-and-birkins/Content?oid=4132715

But I like your snack plans. ๐Ÿ™‚