She’s Here!

by Meghann on May 27, 2010

Look what came in the mail yesterday…

garminbox

The new Garmin Forerunner 305!!

garmin

I ordered this beauty last Sunday off Amazon at the low, low price of $124.99! Thank you Amazon deals of the day!!

I get a LOT of e-mails regarding the Garmin Forerunner 305 and whether I think it’s worth the purchase. I think it’s pretty obvious having purchased a new garmin mere weeks after the other one was stolen just goes to show how my much I adore and can not live without this GPS enabled genius. Bottom line – the Garmin Forerunner rocks! If you are thinking about getting one, do it!

I took the new baby out for a spin around the block this morning and broke her in with a 5 mile run. She did her job and she did it well. We’re back in business here people!!

Upon my return I enjoyed a delicious bowl of Cannoli Cereal <—(Flashback post right there)

IMG_8135

• 1/2 cup Kashi Cinnamon H2H
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • 1/2 cup Part Skin Ricotta
  • Drizzle of Honey
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries

IMG_8134

I see my ricotta addiction returning in full force – this breakfast tasted just like a rich Italian cannoli dessert. Love, love, loved it!

IMG_8128

I’m crossing my fingers that today is a little less crazy than yesterday. perhaps I’ll actually get to spend some quality time doing work at my desk? We’ll see!

Fellow Jack Russel Fur Parents

I’m going to do a post on the Jack Russel breed in the coming week. If you have any funny JRT stories or photos you want to share send them my way at graduatemeghann@gmail.com !

1 megan May 27, 2010 at 8:49 am

glad your garmin came in! a coworker was just talking about his the other day and it made me really want one. I just can’t justify the cost for my own running though – maybe if i wanted to start training for longer races, but as it is I”ll have to make do with mapmyrun 🙂

2 britchickruns May 27, 2010 at 8:50 am

Ricotta on cereal? oOoer I haven’t heard of that before! I always think of it as something you’d put in a lasagne :p though I suppose it’s in tiramisu (I think).
Yay for the new Garmin! I totally couldn’t live without mine 😛
Have a good day!

3 Lindsey Gunter May 27, 2010 at 8:51 am

That is a GREAT deal! (P.S.–I know its been a long time since we’ve been neighbors, but I LOVE your blog!)

4 Meghann May 27, 2010 at 8:54 am

OMG! Lindsey?!?! I didn’t realize you read my blog! Long time no see! Hope all is well. 🙂

5 biz319 May 27, 2010 at 9:00 am

Hooray for the new Garmin! I was still having hopes of your other one somehow mysteriously making its way back to you – so sad! 🙁

6 fitandfortysomething May 27, 2010 at 9:02 am

so jeolous! i still have not gotten a garmin! enjoy….and love your cereal idea 🙂

7 Evan Thomas May 27, 2010 at 9:03 am

Whenever I expect a package, the day feels twice as long

8 Jenny May 27, 2010 at 9:03 am

Cannoli cereal!?! Wow!

9 Brittany May 27, 2010 at 9:37 am

Woo-hoo for the new Garmin!

I love ricotta with a little vanilla and cocoa powder. I think I got the recipe from the South Beach Diet (which I’m not a big fan of) but the recipe is really good. haha 🙂

10 Emilyeatsclean May 27, 2010 at 9:40 am

I’ve debated a Garmin watch purchase for a long time. The only problem is….I HATE wearing watches. It took me forever to get used to wearing wedding rings. 🙂

11 peanutbutterfingers May 27, 2010 at 9:43 am

yayyyy for the return of the garmin! if you want we can wear ours and just walk a few laps around publix to test it out tonight. 😉

12 Kelly May 27, 2010 at 10:11 am

Yeah ever since I started using a Garmin, I can’t imagine not. I love that gigantic watch 🙂

13 theprocessofhealing May 27, 2010 at 10:46 am

Yay for the garmin!!! I got one for Christmas, right after I developed a stress fracture. Great timing right? I have YET to be able to use it but I’m DYING to!

14 adrienmelaine May 27, 2010 at 10:46 am

Jealous of that Garmin- good to know you love it enough to have gone through two! I’m thinking about buying one for my next marathon I’m training for- apparently there are no race bunnies and I want to qualify for boston.

15 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 27, 2010 at 10:58 am

Congrats on getting your Forerunner! I have a 301 from 2 Christmases ago that I never opened, lol! 😕 I’m crazy I guess!

Jenn

16 Carolyn @ lovinlosing May 27, 2010 at 11:13 am

Sounds like you need to sell! Any interest??

17 rayshine May 27, 2010 at 11:14 am

Random question. What kind of camera do you use??

18 Meghann May 27, 2010 at 11:18 am

Canon Rebel T1I

19 Erin May 27, 2010 at 11:16 am

Very exciting! I think it’s such amazing technology. Glad you were able to score a sweet deal.

20 Anna May 27, 2010 at 11:18 am

Yay!!! I totally agree– Garmins are 100% worth the money. Love, love, love mine!

21 Lauren @ Running Examiner May 27, 2010 at 11:22 am

Amazon sells Garmins for that cheap? Awesome! I actually am the only person I know who has had terrible experiences with her Garmin (meh don’t ask, it’s heartbreaking), but I do want to buy a new one. It sounds like Amazon will be the right vendor–thanks!

22 Ali May 27, 2010 at 11:28 am

I completely agree! The Garmin Forerunner is amazing! I am obsessed with mine! I recommend it to everyone that runs or bikes!

23 Caroline May 27, 2010 at 11:35 am

Ohoho, you are asking for it… I’m a very proud fur-mommy! 😀

24 Jess May 27, 2010 at 11:39 am

Oh my gosh!! I am so upset I missed that amazing deal on the Garmin. I have been holding out with my Polar F7 because I don’t want to shell out the big bucks!!!

GREEN WITH ENVY!!

25 Jenn (eating bender) May 27, 2010 at 11:50 am

A Garmin 305 has definitely been on my wish list – and the fact that you bought a new one after losing it just reaffirms how useful it must be! I’ll be on the lookout for another Amazon deal of the day 🙂

26 Amy May 27, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I was pumped when you mentioned the sale price of the Garmin. I had a gift certificate that had just enough on it so I bought my Garmin. I’m so glad! It makes me more aware of how far I’m running and helps me work on my pace. I love it! Thanks for mentioning it, Meghann!!!

27 Sarah for Real May 27, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Hmm… I wonder if a Garmin makes an appropriate anniversary gift? Haha, I’ve GOT to have one and that’s the next “gifty” event coming up in my life.

Score one for Amazon Gold Box! Did you randomly stumble on it there or is there a way to stalk those deals?

I freakin’ love Amazon.

28 jqlee May 27, 2010 at 12:23 pm

i just got the garmin 405cx. LOVE it!

29 clairedille May 27, 2010 at 12:44 pm

I still dream of a garmin…that deal was amazing! boo to missing it!

30 Maria May 27, 2010 at 1:01 pm

May I say that I am impressed with your energy?! It seems like you have been working hard this week–yoga on monday, run and yoga again on Tuesday; swim/ cycle and yoga on Wednesday and another run this morning. Do you get tired? I wish I had the time/energy/commitment. I am amazed–very inspiring!

31 Jane May 27, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Are you going to give this Garmin to the girl whose Garmin you lost, or did you buy her one for that low low price? Just curious, not being snarky.

32 Kati May 27, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I’m so glad you commented about the Garmin. I have been debating whether or not I should buy it and I totally will now! Oh and I love ricotta too, there are so many good and healthy recipes you can make with it!

33 runningwithsass May 27, 2010 at 6:05 pm

yay! glad you got a new garmin!

34 dianacheung May 27, 2010 at 9:05 pm

i thought it was ashley’s garmin that you lost?!

35 missyrayn May 27, 2010 at 10:00 pm

The fact that you purchased another so quickly really intensifies my want for one.

36 Kristy May 28, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Quick question, Meghann. I just got my first Garmin Forerunner (thanks to you!) And I was wondering if you *have* to wear the heart monitor strap thingy in order for it to work?? Thanks!

37 Meghann May 28, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Hi kristy! I never wear my heart rate monitor – it is totally not necessary to have the forerunner 305 work correctly 🙂

38 EmilyGG May 31, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Hey, your ricotta obsession got me craving ricotta…one great desserty snack is to mix some ricotta with cocoa powder and then pair it with strawberries, kind of like chocolate strawberry cheesecake:)