Complimentary Massages

by Meghann on May 27, 2010

I believe every work day should end with an hour long massage. Wouldn’t you agree?!?! πŸ˜‰

I was spoiled this evening with a complimentary one hour massage at Massage Envy thanks to the Southern Chevy Dealers of Florida. Currently if you test drive a new Chevy at any Central Florida Chevy Dealership you will automatically receive a FREE hour long massage.

Test drive a Chevy... Get a Free Massage! πŸ™‚

You can see my video on my Massage Envy experience at my latest Chevy Girls on the Go post here. (You can also see my previous Massage Envy post here)

[By the way I’m 3 weeks in to test driving the Malibu and I have to say that I am impressed! I’m not sure I’m going to want to give it back. πŸ™ It has so many cool extra features that my car doesn’t have, plus it’s COMFORTABLE! There’s so much room, I feel like I’m in luxury. I promise to give a full review when I return the car in a week. ;)]

Before I left for my massage I had a strawberry oikos with granola.

I wasn’t the only one who got to enjoy the free massage this evening, Julie from Peanut Butter FIngers joined me as well.

Isn’t she gorgeous?

After our massages we were able to walk next door to Mellow Mushroom for dinner.

I started with a small salad that was covered in olives. I<3 olives! They were a wonderful salty addition to the tiny salad.

Julie and I split the small mega- veggies pizza only without the mozzarella and tempeh instead of tofu.

I had 2 slices. πŸ™‚

It was great getting to know Julie. When my original massage buddy bailed, I tweeted about needing a replacement and Julie immediately responded. It worked out perfectly! Plus Julie and I discovered we have a lot in common: we both graduated from school around the same time, have had similar career paths in marketing, we’re both total foodies and broadway freaks. I think I just made a new BFF! πŸ™‚

Once I got home I had a serving of vanilla ice cream with mini PB cups for dessert.

Is it really only Thursday?!?! I could have swore it was FRIDAY! Ughh… at least I was only one day off.

The three day weekend is almost here!

Good Night!

1 Danielle May 27, 2010 at 10:27 pm

What a great evening and that pizza sounds fantastic! I love making new blog best friends πŸ™‚

2 Beth May 27, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Wow thats so awesome that you got a free massage!! I am jealous. I haven’t had a massage in years and years!

3 Brynne May 27, 2010 at 10:28 pm

What a great afternoon! I wish there was a Mellow Mushroom near me :0( Everyone’s blog pictures of their food always leave me drooling!

4 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 27, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Julie is the cutest!

That was so nice of you to share your massage with her.

What a wonderful Thursday treat : )

5 adrienmelaine May 27, 2010 at 10:30 pm

That pizza looks delicious!

And why not finish up that night with ice cream!? In my mind, nothing really beats that!

6 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 27, 2010 at 10:34 pm

OMG!! I LOVE the Mellow Mushroom. We don’t have one here, but I actually looked up the cost of starting a franchise (WAY outside my capabilities) b/c I was so desperate. Hi, Julie!! Thanks for the Flourless Peanut Butter cookie recipe that Tina psoted about today! πŸ™‚ I tweaked it a little to make Flourless Dark Chocolate Almond Peanut Butter Cookies.

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 27, 2010 at 10:42 pm

It’s like your own homemade moosetracks ice cream!

8 missyrayn May 27, 2010 at 10:46 pm

That is my kind of pizza place. I love random toppings that are anything but ordinary.

9 Melissa @ For the Love of Health May 27, 2010 at 10:55 pm

haha love the video! a free massage- I’ll take one!! Esp after the half marathon I am running on Sunday! Sadly, I don’t live in Florida!
The Malibu doesn’t look so bad!
That’s great you got to meet a new bloggy buddy!

10 Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy May 27, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I agree that every work day should end with a massage! What an awesome world it would be if that could happen!

11 Erin May 27, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Niiiiice, not much beats a free massage. Great that you met a new friend through Twitter, too… it’s great when things work out like that. πŸ™‚ Looks like you two had an awesome time!

-Erin

12 Katy(Balanced Foodie) May 27, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Sorry I had to “bail” but I’m glad you found someone to go with. I got some good packing done and it worked out well. Glad you had a good night.

13 Katy(Balanced Foodie) May 27, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Oh and don’t forget the fro-yo! πŸ™‚

14 Meghann May 28, 2010 at 8:06 am

Pshh .. I’d never forget Fro yo! I saw the sign for the Menchis that is coming soon! Sooo exciting!

15 ruby red May 27, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Mellow Mushroom, a free massage, and a foodie buddy?!! What a great day! Haha, I have a dinner planned to Mellow tomorrow…and I plan on getting the same pizza! However, I have discovered that the deliciousness of their hummus and pita bread varies from location to location…weird, huh? They are amazing at some but lackluster at others. Yum I am so excited for din din now!!

Aww, I am a total Broadway lover too! I saw Alicia Silverstone in a play over spring break this year and it made me realllly happy! And I saw Matthew Morrison (on Glee now) live on Broadway a couple years ago in Light in the Piazza. Amazing!!

16 Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) May 27, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Those mini PB cups are sooo cute, where do you get them??

Jenn

17 Meghann May 28, 2010 at 8:06 am

They’re from Trader Joes!

18 Nicole May 28, 2010 at 12:16 am

Woah that mega veggie pizza looks so fantastic! & now… I will read about tempeh + why I should give it a try before buying me a cube of tofu. (:

19 pursuitofhealthfulness May 28, 2010 at 12:24 am

I just read about this on Julie’s blog! Looks like a whole lot of fun… and that pizza looks pretty great, too!

20 danica May 28, 2010 at 12:42 am

ooh that sounds like a great night out!
pizza + massages + broadway are the wonderful!

21 jqlee May 28, 2010 at 1:23 am

i cant believe you hate pbjs. lol. i LOVE them! i do prefer strawberry jelly for sure though!

22 molly May 28, 2010 at 2:33 am

what do you think about this issue with michael pollan?

23 molly May 28, 2010 at 8:14 am

i hate when links decide to stop working….

he’s another article dealing with the same thing

24 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 28, 2010 at 2:37 am

Looks like an amazing day! I’m glad you liked Massage Envy because I have a gift certificate to go there and was planning on going tomorrow. I love their hours too. So convenient for us full timers!!

25 britchickruns May 28, 2010 at 3:07 am

Free massage and a free car for a month – well worth getting out of bed for!
I didn’t realise Julie was in Florida too!? I think Florida must have the highest concentration of bloggers anywhere πŸ˜›

26 britishbride May 28, 2010 at 6:20 am

agree!

27 Naomi(onefitfoodie) May 28, 2010 at 6:02 am

salty olives are the best on small salads too! i agree! that pizza looks awesome and love your changes that you made to it! so nice to meet up with Julie!

love your SHAPE article!!! πŸ™‚

28 britishbride May 28, 2010 at 6:20 am

I could SO do with a massage right now.

Julia

29 luna May 28, 2010 at 6:30 am

hello meghann, do you know the new garmin forerunner, the 110?what do you think is better, this new one or the one you have? I am thinking about buying a garmin but honestly i could use some advice πŸ™‚

30 Lauren May 28, 2010 at 7:16 am

Question: Were your mini pb cups in your ice cream from Trader Joes by chance? I just bought a small container of them to take on vacation with my husband this weekend.

If they are, I suggest you bake them into chocolate chip cookies (in place of chocolate chips), OR in brownie batter!!! Totally worth the little splurge in calories.

31 Doug May 28, 2010 at 7:29 am

Way to get a free massage! Massage Envy is huge here in Jacksonville… As far as Mellow goes.. love it, next to Cally Pizza Kitchen…. I always have to go to Orlando to get my fix.

32 dianacheung May 28, 2010 at 7:34 am

Julie IS gorgeous and her blog is now blowing up thanks to you and tina today. πŸ˜‰

33 Kath May 28, 2010 at 7:45 am

Gorgeous photos of Julie!

34 Brittany May 28, 2010 at 8:25 am

Oh Mellow Mushroom how I long for thee. We don’t have one in Richmond. :/

Hooray for free massages. I really want to get a massage and pedicure this weekend. πŸ™‚

35 Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 28, 2010 at 9:35 am

Massages and Mellow Mushroom? I’m jealous. πŸ˜‰

36 Sarah May 28, 2010 at 10:31 am

yay for massages and pizza! The husband and I are getting 80 minute hot stone massages tomorrow, I scored them for 62% off! I just realized we have a Mellow Mushroom in our area and need to check it out!

37 Evelyn May 28, 2010 at 11:31 am

I love massage envy! I think the best massage experience I’ve ever had was at Massage Envy. Their introductory rate is unbeatable!

38 wnk505 May 29, 2010 at 12:05 pm

everytime you have mellow mushroom I want to cry it looks so good. I honestly have been thinking about driving the two hours just to eat it haha.

39 Sarah May 29, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I can think of nothing better than a free massage- lucky duck!

Mellow Mushroom is such a cheeky name for a restaurant, I love it!! I know you love cheese so I admire your discipline to order pizza without it. I would like to try it but I can’t get myself to say “no cheese please.” I do like making pizza at home because then I can add a small amount which satisfies me, always less than at restaurants.