more ยป" />

Didn't Happen

by Meghann on May 21, 2010

The dentist didn’t happen this afternoon.

I ended up waiting for over an hour at the dentist office (my appointment was at 4:00!) before I gave up and asked to be rescheduled. It’s not like I was thrilled to have my cavities filled in the first time, so throw in an extra long wait and the possibility of not getting home until 6:00 on a Friday and I was out of there.

Iron Man 2 didn’t happen either. ๐Ÿ™

We missed the 8:15 movie we were shooting for and didn’t have the energy to wait until the 10:00 pm time slot. Instead we saw the 8:45 showing of Date Night. Date Night was just ok. I wouldn’t recommend seeing it on the big screen, but it has Netflix material written all over it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

What did happen was Derek and I spent two hour glued to the tv watching last night’s Grey’s Anatomy – talk about intense! – and ate a late dinner before rushing off to the theater.

I could not decide what I wanted for dinner and ended up staring into the fridge and freezer for 10 minutes trying to figure out. I felt as if all my creativity had been drained and kept it easy with a BBQ Beefless Tips sub

I used a sprouted bun (love these!) and filled it with swiss cheese, arugula, tomato, and some of the beefless tips I had heated up with bbq sauce and onion.

The combo was great. This was the last of the bag of beefless tips, but I know I will be purchasing these again.

I’ve had a bag of frozen brussel sprouts in the freezer for a while now. I pan fried them on the stove top with some italian herbs and a little olive oil.

For dessert Derek and I snook some of the Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies I made last night into the theater. I had 2.

I love sneaking something sweet into the movies. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t know what it is, but movies and sweets tend to go hand and hand in my book.

I’m meeting my cousin at Lucky Lake bright and early tomorrow morning to get one last open water swim in before my triathlon on Sunday. Let’s hope all the hungry gators stay far, far away. Then Derek and I are heading to Aquatica for another day of fun in the sun! Don’t worry I have the sunscreen already packed and ready to go.

Good Night!

1 Julie @ Wearing Mascara May 21, 2010 at 11:40 pm

OMG, my night was similar with the movie situation. My friend and I went to see Letters to Juliet and it was sold out! We ended up seeing Date Night too and I agree with you. It was definitely netflix material ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you had a lovely dinner and a good night though. Good luck on your swim tomorrow!

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) May 21, 2010 at 11:44 pm

My Momma and I sneak all sorts of snacks into the movie theatre! Ughh fillings are the worst. I dread the dentist because every time I have something going on with my [sweet] teeth!

3 Emily May 22, 2010 at 12:32 am

I love bringing my own food into the theatre. I have even brought an extra purse full of my own popcorn…

4 Kellie May 22, 2010 at 12:49 am

I always sneak treats into the theater. So much cheaper and always much better than what I could buy at the concession stand.

5 Bethany May 22, 2010 at 1:08 am

As a kid, I used to get SO embarassed when my mom would sneak food into the theaters! But I definitely followed in her footsteps and do it all the time now too!

For a quick-n-simple meal, dinner looks great! I love how a meal can look really thought out and pulled together by adding in colorful veggies!

6 clairedille May 22, 2010 at 2:28 am

Love the cookie snacks for the movie, I always want to do that but never remember! Sounds like a kinda chaotic night but yeah, that greys was intense!

7 britchickruns May 22, 2010 at 3:04 am

Haha I once snuck a whole big packed lunch into the movies ๐Ÿ˜› bad idea – it made the whole place smell!
I really wanted to see Date Night, but it seems everyone was very ‘meh’ over it, which is a shame ;(
Have a good swim today!

8 Sarah May 22, 2010 at 7:08 am

I really like to snack a whole meal into the theater. There is just something decadent about eating while watching a movie (or a good tv show!).

9 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 22, 2010 at 7:14 am

I think it’s time for your to find a new dentist. It’s ridiculous that’s this big of an ordeal for you to just get some fillings. Three appointments later and it’s STILL not taken care of?

10 Evelyn @ cheers2healthy May 22, 2010 at 9:05 am

Gaspp!! I’m horrified of the dentist! My parents haven’t put in the practice of taking me for check-ups every year so after college when I went, it was the first time in years! I’m still scurrred : (

11 theprocessofhealing May 22, 2010 at 9:45 am

It sounds like you have a great Saturday in store!
I agree about Date Night, it was good but not worth the money to see it in theaters.

12 amanda May 22, 2010 at 9:59 am

sneaking snacks into the theater is the best. they are so darn expensive, what do they expect?

yayyy to you being featured in Shape. that’s super exciting. i’ll definitely check it out!

13 Samantha Angela @Bikini Birthday May 22, 2010 at 10:00 am

I love brussels sprouts roasted in the oven. Mmmm

14 missyrayn May 22, 2010 at 11:00 am

We loved date night but then again the Steve Carrell character is so much like Hunni that we couldn’t stop laughing.

Sorry you had to change it all up but I’m glad you still had a good night anyway.

15 Traci May 22, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Brussel Sprouts…YUM! One of my faves. Your brothers pic of the stove is so funny. I’m a disaster in the kitchen at times. Once I left an over mitt in the oven. Forgetting I did I preheated the oven and you can imagine the wonderful smell and smoke that started to billow from that oven! Whew! Not good at all!

16 Hayley May 22, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Love sneaking things into the theater.. feels so bad, and so good. Once I did a Qdoba burrito- that was messy. Should’ve gone with the burrito bowl! Date night was cute, but not awesome. Mostly I just loved watching Tina Fey and Steve Carrell at the same time instead of one after another when I watch The Office + 30 Rock.