Sold Out!

by Meghann on May 20, 2010

Healthy Living Summit is SOLD OUT!!!

Now, that didn’t take long at all; did it? ;)

I’ve been going through all the names of who is attending this year and am THRILLED to see so many familiar names of who attended last year as well as some new names I’ve never seen before. August can’t seem to get here fast enough! :)

Remember if you weren’t able to get your hands on a lucky ticket be sure to pay a visit to my blog on Monday morning when I will be giving away one golden ticket to the event! :)

This morning I decided to try a new (to me) class at the gym: Boot Camp.

The class was great. It consisted of running, jumping jacks, push ups, stairs, abs, medicine ball, etc. Basically it had it all. By the time class was out I was sweating and felt really worked.

I was surprised by how sore my arms and shoulders were in class. I must have really gave it all I had in hot yoga last night because I could really feel it. I’ll take the soreness as a good sign and to keep doing what I’m doing in the class. Pushing myself beyond my limits each class is really starting to pay off. :)

After a quick shower and ride to work, I enjoyed my pre-packed breakfast at my desk.

IMG_7583

Last night I made overnight oats in a jar with

• The last of a jar of Barney Butter
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Almond Milk
  • Butterscotch Chips
  • Cinnamon
  • Raisins

IMG_7587

I brought strawberries and blueberries for a sweet topping

IMG_7595

I added half of the strawberries to the oats as well as some granola.

IMG_7599

IMG_7601

Once my first stash of toppings was gone, I added the rest. ;)

IMG_7606

IMG_7609

I have a busy day of work ahead of me! Can you believe it’s already Thursday? Yay! :)

1 megan May 20, 2010 at 9:06 am

your fresh berries look so good. I can’t wait until we have more of them up here in michigan!

2 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 20, 2010 at 10:00 am

Michigan Blueberries rock.

3 Evan Thomas May 20, 2010 at 9:07 am

Yay! You girls did an awesome job organizing everything. Congratulations on the success

4 kalli@fitandfortysomething May 20, 2010 at 9:13 am

oh i am sure it will be a wonderful event!

5 britchickruns May 20, 2010 at 9:16 am

Brilliant breakfast!
I’m so excited – I got a ticket to the HLS!! I only found out this morning, I couldn’t be happier :) do you know if any other British people got tickets? :)

6 Emily May 20, 2010 at 9:20 am

Breakfast looks wonderful – I need to get better about packing my meals in advance… I’m so excited for the start of berry season!

7 Jenny May 20, 2010 at 9:24 am

Thank god it’s Thursday! I love boot camp classes- and the feeling you get when you’re drenched… gotta get those endorphins in!

8 Sana May 20, 2010 at 9:24 am

Can’t wait to go and meet you!

9 Julie @ Wearing Mascara May 20, 2010 at 9:37 am

YAY! I’m so excited too! Can’t wait to meet you since you were literally one of the first “health-related” blogs I fell in love with. Have a great day darlin!

10 Anna May 20, 2010 at 9:47 am

Mmmmm….barney butter is simply the best! I’m mad that I can’t go to the Summit– but I can’t wait to see everyone’s recaps!!!

11 Brandi May 20, 2010 at 9:48 am

that sounds like a great mix! I had overnight oats today too :)

12 andrea @ a cake for a wife. May 20, 2010 at 9:53 am

I bought a ticket! I am sooooo excited!! (Though a little nervous too, since I don’t think I know anyone! Oh well, I’m sure I’ll make friends! :D )

13 Sarah May 20, 2010 at 10:01 am

Breakfast looks delicious- as usual!

14 Emilyeatsclean May 20, 2010 at 10:11 am

I still need to try overnight oats…..I haven’t made them before because I’m unsure of cold oats. :) And I WANT that “golden ticket”! :)

15 biz319 May 20, 2010 at 10:15 am

I tried to get a ticket, but it sold out too quickly. Although I’d love to hook up with you since I live in Chicago! :D

16 Erica May 20, 2010 at 10:44 am

Congrats on the sell out! I wish I could come but we have lots of mini travel plans this summer and the budget would not allow :(. You all are going to have SO much fun. Glad you enjoyed the class! If you’re ever in the Charleston area, you must come take Attack! I know you would love it (since it involves a lot of running!!). Great bfast.

17 Morgan @ Life After Bagels May 20, 2010 at 10:47 am

I definitely cannot believe it’s Thursday, because for me that means only two days left of work before I’m on vacation and I have SO MUCH WORK TO DO!!!

18 sweetandsweat May 20, 2010 at 10:54 am

Wow that sold out fast! I really want to try hot yoga because it seems like you really like it!!

19 Erin May 20, 2010 at 11:05 am

Very cool–congrats, you all much be so excited. I wish I could attend this year but, sadly, I’ll just have started a new job. 2011? ;)

20 clairedille May 20, 2010 at 11:22 am

Sounds like a great bfast! I am super excited to go to the HLS this year because I left boston right before the last one! Can’t wait to meet ya!

21 Sarah for Real May 20, 2010 at 11:28 am

Dang it, you know you’re really making me want to join a gym again!

22 Evelyn @ cheers2healthy May 20, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Wowza, can’t believe Healthy Summit has already been sold out! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised : P

23 Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy May 20, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I am a huge fan of Barney Butter, and that oatmeal in a jar is making me drool even though I just had lunch! Yum!

24 Kelly May 20, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I was following on Twitter last night, it sold out sooo fast!

25 Tracey May 20, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I’m really looking forward to attending the HLS summit this August. I’m also psyched that my hubby is going to attend with me!

Can’t wait to meet everyone!

26 Suzanne May 20, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I’m super impressed by how hard you push yourself all the time. Your committment is really inspiring. Just remember that your body does need time to recover in between strength training sessions- most professionals recommend 48 hours of recovery for each muscle group. You might be pushing it a bit by going to a tough yoga class at night and then doing bootcamp the next morning. Taking rest days will keep you from getting injured and help you reep the full benefits of the class. Our muscles only grow during rest!

Sorry- I don’t want to come off as preachy. Just be careful!

27 chasingcasey May 21, 2010 at 12:36 am

congrats on the sell out! I want to go but live all the way in CA.
Yours and my breakfast were awfully similair this morning! ;)