more ยป" />

Home Before 8:00

by Meghann on May 20, 2010

Confession: I watch each new episode of Glee at least twice (sometimes three times) during the week. Obsessed much? Probably. But I’m good with that. ๐Ÿ™‚

It felt good to have a nice relaxing night in to actually enjoy this week’s episode of Glee. I came home, took Maddie for a walk, and just enjoyed being home before 8:00 for the first time this week. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Before I left work I had some dried fruit as an afternoon snack.

I hate to be boring, but dinner tonight is awfully similar to last night’s dinner. At least the presentation is different, right?

Steamed Yucca + Black Beans + Corn + Avocado + Salsa

Different presentation, same amazing flavor combination. ๐Ÿ™‚

I had a commenter yesterday request a tutorial for how to cook yucca. I’m thinking I might do a video tutorial in the near future which got me thinking: what else should I do a video tutorial of? Overnight oats? Rutabaga fries? How to be ridiculously good looking? The sky’s the limit!

I was CRAVING fresh baked cookies this afternoon which lead to these.

Mmmm…. Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies (recipe herehighly recommended).

I had two HOT out of the oven.

The chocolate chunks were slightly melted when I got my hands on theme. The whole cookie basically melted in my mouth. They really hit the spot.

Bonus: I now have fresh homemade cookies for a certain somebody who is coming in town tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Would it be crazy to watch Glee a 4th time this week? Not if I just fast forward to the ‘good’ parts; right? (aka the songs!!)

Good night!

1 Beth May 20, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Black beans, avocado, corn, and salsa is a combo I could eat daily and be happy with!

2 Evan Thomas May 20, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I’d watch a tutorial on how to coat a parsnip in nut butter. It just seems… hard to imagine.

3 emily May 20, 2010 at 9:50 pm

I’m the same way, I’ve seen every episode of Bones at least twice!

4 theprocessofhealing May 20, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Oh YUM those cookies sound SO good!!!! And I’d love a tutorial on those fries! And maybe the nut butter coated fries?!

5 Kendra! May 20, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Everything about this post made me smile.
The Glee-watching, the yucca, the ‘how to be ridiculously good-looking’ video, the fresh baked cookies, the fact that you’ll be sharing them with a certain somebody;), and the giddiness all of that makes you feel.
I hope all is well with you.
[I’m in need of a blog pal, but I’ll tell you the story in a (more-private) email.]

Happy for you:)

Kendra

6 Diana@mymarblerye May 20, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I baked yesterday as well! All us bloggers are in such a baking mood lately! Btw I watch glee multiple times as well.. Please tell me Jesse st James melts your heart too..

7 Emilyeatsclean May 20, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I have a confession too….I have absolutely no idea what Glee is. Eek!

-emily

8 thefitbridesmaid May 20, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Nah, you can watch it! As a dancer and musical theater lover, I loved the Safety Dance, the tap dancing, and of course IDINA MENZEL SINGING!! She’s A-MAZING!

9 Kayla May 20, 2010 at 11:03 pm

You should definitely do a how-to video for the fries. And it totally doesn’t count as a viewing if you just fast forward Glee to the songs – that’s just like watching a music video, it doesn’t count as watching the show another time…. or at least that’s what I tell myself ๐Ÿ˜›
And can I have a cookie? ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Meghan May 20, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Nope, not strange. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love Glee! Can’t wait for the Lady Gaga episode next week…

11 Melissa Cari May 20, 2010 at 11:08 pm

I always watch Lost 2+ times, so I understand! And regarding a video, I’d love to see one on Rutabaga fries!

12 Lisa @ bakebikeblog May 20, 2010 at 11:09 pm

I am SO BEHIND with Glee episodes – so I think I will have to rent the season on DVD and have a glee marathon! The episodes I have seen I have loved though ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Kilee Johnson May 20, 2010 at 11:19 pm

You are too cute! You should watch it to your hearts content. There are far worst things you could be doing with your time. Have a great night!

14 Hayley May 20, 2010 at 11:23 pm

I want to get into Glee, but I’m always so hesitant about starting a show if I don’t watch it from the beginning. But a commenter above said next week is Lady Gaga??? I think I will be able to make an exception for that.

15 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) May 21, 2010 at 12:34 am

I only have the first half of the first season on my hard drive, and i have watched it ten times, if it makes you feel any better ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Erin May 21, 2010 at 12:58 am

Hey, I own those same containers!

And loooove oatmeal chocolate cookies… my mother used to bake those.

17 Mary May 21, 2010 at 1:01 am

I think a tutorial video on how to be ridiculously good looking would be epic ๐Ÿ˜€
but really though, I’d love to know how you do those over night oats

18 laura t. May 21, 2010 at 1:40 am

please please please do a video for those parsnip nut butter fries!

19 Betsy May 21, 2010 at 2:43 am

those cookies look amazing and the recipe comes just in time!
i had the most amazing vegan cookie from a local bakery here in vancouver today and i didn’t want it to end. since then (about lunch time-it was dessert!) i’ve been thinking about re-creating my own!
do you think you absolutely need molasses in this recipe?

20 britchickruns May 21, 2010 at 3:09 am

I’m proud to say I have NEVER seen an episode of Glee ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve resisted its crazy charms!! I’m quite proud ๐Ÿ˜›

21 Emily @ Relishments May 21, 2010 at 5:43 am

No, it would absolutely not be crazy to watch Glee a 4th time. Last week was definitely one of the best episodes…I think I’ll watch it again this weekend.

22 Caroline May 21, 2010 at 7:56 am

I definitely watch Glee at least twice and then go back and watch the songs several more times before the week is out. You aren’t alone!!!

I’d love to see a video on your quick and easy curls!

23 britishbride May 21, 2010 at 8:41 am

I dont know what glee you are on but I loved this weeks episode (I love every episode) with One Love and Jesses Girl. I love Lea Michelle!! She has my dream life! I checked her out on wikapedia. What a loser!

Julia

24 Stacie @ Imperfectly Healthy May 21, 2010 at 9:05 am

It’s funny because I’m always waiting for the songs to come up on Glee. When I feel like it’s been too long since there’s been a song, I get restless! Haha! If only life were like a musical! No one would get bored!

I’ve been craving cookies all week, and those pictures made me want some even more!

25 runningwithsass May 21, 2010 at 9:11 am

haha I sometimes watch glee twice, But I didn’t think this weeks was that great sadly.

26 Evelyn @ cheers2healthy May 21, 2010 at 9:14 am

I’ve totally fallen off the Glee wagon… I’m waiting for several seasons to pass so I can Glee-splurge!!

27 Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 21, 2010 at 9:26 am

I don’t know what it is that makes Glee so good, but I love it! I had a mini Glee marathon last night and watched the last 2 episodes I had recorded ๐Ÿ˜‰

28 Stephanie May 21, 2010 at 11:45 am

I would watch videos of just about anything you make on here! They are all that fabulous! I have gotten so many ideas for fresh lunches from here and my husband has pretty much demanded that I figure out how to make those nut butter crusted fries!

And no, it’s not sad. This week’s Glee was amazing. Especially I Dreamed a Dream.

29 rayshine May 21, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I love that such a Gleek is on my blogroll! I haven’t been able to stop playing the songs from this week’s episode! CANNOT wait for next week’s!!