Sweat

by Meghann on May 13, 2010

I didn’t know what sweat was before tonight. I thought I knew, but I really had NO idea.

Sweat is actually being so drenched that you are needing to wipe your eyes every two minutes to prevent the stinging. Sweat is what pours out of you when you hold warrior three and a puddle forms underneath you. Sweat is when there isn’t a single dry spot on you. And sweat is what happens when hot yoga is as intense as it was tonight.

We had a new teacher this evening and she was tough! I have been trying to pin point what exactly it was that made her extra tough, but I can’t seem to grasp it. All I know is that in the first 10 minutes I was already breathing heavy and needing to take breaks in child’s pose to recover.

Before class I fueled up with a Pure Bar.

Class was brutal, but for some reason I never leave yoga starving. I wonder why that is?

However, not feeling the need to chew my arm off is not necessarily a bad thing. πŸ˜‰ The non-hunger gave me just enough time to make what I was really craving for dinner – Nut Butter Crusted Fries.

Mmmm… I know I just had these for dinner on Sunday, but they were so good I wanted them all over again! If I didn’t have a blog I probably would have made them every night this week. πŸ˜‰

This time I had a combination of rutabaga, parsnip, and carrots that I coated with peanut butter and olive oil then baked at 400 for 30 minutes.

These were soooo good dipped in bbq sauce.

The rutabaga took to the nut butter coating beautifully. Next I am going to try sweet potato. πŸ™‚

With my nut butter crusted fries I had a side of roasted broccoli.

By the time I sat down to eat my hunger level was just right. I devoured my full plate; no problem. πŸ™‚

For dessert I dug into the Green & Black mint dark chocolate bar Sabrina sent me yesterday.

With a piece of salt water taffy. πŸ™‚

Good News: My internet is back!!

Bad News: It technically isn’t my internet. My box is broken and I’m piggy backing off of a neighbor’s wifi signal.

Oh well, stolen internet is better than no internet at all. πŸ˜‰

Good night!!

1 theprocessofhealing May 13, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Note to self: try hot yoga and nut butter fries πŸ˜‰

2 Evan Thomas May 13, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Green and black makes some of the best chocolate. Their ginger is my favorite of theirs!

3 Beth May 13, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I still haven’t tried those nut butter fries – i just bought some parsnips at the farmer’s market so it’s on my list!! and I’ve never seen that flavor of PURE bar before – but i love both of the other kinds I’ve tried.

4 tropicaleats May 13, 2010 at 10:01 pm

hahah i love ‘borrowing’ internet from neighbors.. or hotels when you need some quick wifi when you’re on a roadtrip.

Those fries look AWESOME. I’ve been on a butternut squash fry high for a while now– looks like i need to mix up my fry love with some new veggies. Have a great night! <3

5 Erin May 13, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Wow, this really makes me want to try hot yoga. There’s a studio near my new apartment that offers free intro classes, so I need to check that out.

6 Emilyeatsclean May 13, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I am DYING to try hot yoga!! I can’t find hot yoga anywhere near my area! πŸ™ I’ve gotta try making those fries! They sound soooo good.

-emily

7 Kristen May 13, 2010 at 10:21 pm

I tried hot yoga once and it just wasn’t for me, I felt like I was being suffocated!

Nothing wrong with a little borrowed Internet, we’ve all done it πŸ˜‰

8 Emily May 13, 2010 at 11:24 pm

I’ve done my fair share of internet borrowing. That’s why I don’t block my internet now – I figure my neighbors can borrow if they need…
Roasted broccoli and mint Green and Black are two of my favorites – I bet I’d feel the same way about the nut butter fries – definitely on my to-make list.

9 Lisa @ bakebikeblog May 13, 2010 at 11:30 pm

I need to make those fries ….stat!!!!

10 missyrayn May 13, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I loved the feeling of that much sweat when I did hot yoga. I crave it again but there is no place close enough.

11 Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 14, 2010 at 2:43 am

Yikes, that sounds intense!!

12 britchickruns May 14, 2010 at 3:16 am

Wow – I don’t think I’ve ever sweated before then, if that’s what it’s like! I so want to try hot yoga…do you not get really headachey in it? I always get headaches when I get hot πŸ™
LOVE nut butter fries – I sya have them everyday if you want; they’re nice to look at cos they’re so tasty πŸ˜›

13 Rachel @ Suburban Yogini May 14, 2010 at 5:53 am

There is a yogic theory that regular practice keeps alight our internal fire or “agni”, which deals with the smooth running of the digestive process. After long term regular practice you tend to find that you eat little and often rather than three meals a day. This is also one of the reasons people tend not to feel hungry after yoga. I know I never do.

14 legalb May 14, 2010 at 7:01 am

Mmm I must try those nut butter fries! I was drooling over your sweet potato and black beans yesterday too.

I agree that you don’t know sweat until you’ve done hot yoga!!! Haha Doesnt it feel so cleansing??

Any word on the Garmin?

15 Kelly May 14, 2010 at 7:35 am

Man I sweat a lot as it is, I can’t even imagine what I would look like after hot yoga.

16 runningwithsass May 14, 2010 at 8:42 am

wow that class sounds intense! good job!

17 kate May 14, 2010 at 10:16 am

Chocolate chip trail mix pure bar? Yes please!

18 hundredtenpounds May 14, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I love good work outs with lots of sweat! I feel so productive!

19 Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries May 14, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Loove pure bars! I must be on the lookout for that flavor now. And your nut butter fries look so tasty!!