more ยป" />

It’s All in the Bag

by Meghann on May 12, 2010

If I had a million dollars I would purchase the entire Lululemon Store and be cute, sleek, and comfortable every time I ran or practiced yoga. I would have multiple shape jackets, finally see what all the wunder under hype is all about, and have my ta tas tamed.

Le sigh.

But, thatโ€™s if I had a million dollars.

For now I will just have to make do with the reusable bag I received for free with my only purchase from Lululemon back in December and pretend itโ€™s actually filled with pretty Lululemon things instead of lunch.

IMG_7084

Scratch that. It can be filled with lunch AND pretty things. ๐Ÿ™‚ Lunch is good too.

IMG_7087

I have a thing with putting my lunch in one tupperware container in fear of it going soggy before lunch time. That is why my spinach and blue corn chips are in containerโ€ฆ

IMG_7088

And my mix of black beans, corn and tomato are in another.

IMG_7090

IMG_7091

The salsa was kept separate too. Not sure why I didnโ€™t just add the salsa to the black bean container; letโ€™s just say Iโ€™m weird like that. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_7094

Nice crisp spinach, nice crunch chips โ€“ perfect.

IMG_7097

And a pear for the hell of it.

IMG_7100

My snack from earlier.

IMG_7079

Why am I eating at my desk? Well, cross your fingers, because it looks like I might actually have my teeth cleaned today! At least thatโ€™s what Iโ€™ve been promised. Fingers crossed! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 kamadavitta May 12, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Ahh I love the lulu myself. I worked for them for a long time so I am well stocked but it doesn’t stop my from lusting after their new stuff! Gotta love those reusable bags though! Lunch looks filling and delicious!

2 theprocessofhealing May 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm

That salad sounds GOOD!!! I had some blue corn chips today that were the bomb!

3 Jenny May 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm

I’m with ya! LuluLemon is amazing, just so expensive- I wish I could afford it all!

4 Elizabeth May 12, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I have a Lululemon bag packed with lunch today to, ha! The small bags are just the right size for that. Weirdly enough, I also have the same grey speckled desk top as you. Maybe there was a sale on these things in the early early 2000’s? ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy lunching!

5 peanutbutterfingers May 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm

i always pack my lunch in separate tupperware containers b/c of the same fear! you’re not alone! ๐Ÿ™‚

6 Evan Thomas May 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Yeah, if the chips aren’t crispy, then it’s just not worth eating

7 deborah @ pamplemousse21 May 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Lululemon looks great, shame we don’t have it in the UK! Yet another thing to add to my haul list when I finally get to visit the states!

I’m the same with lunch in tupperwear, my colleagues think I’m mad, but there really is nothing worse than soggy salad and chips!

8 Matt May 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I get that problem all the time ๐Ÿ™ I started packing my sandwiches so I can assemble them when I am ready to eat. Hummus makes bread soggy FAST.

9 britchickruns May 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Love that salad!! Chips have to be crispy – that’s half the joy about them ๐Ÿ™‚

10 deborah @ pamplemousse21 May 12, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Sigh, I wish we had Lululemon in the UK! Although maybe that’s safest for my bank balance!

I’m completly the same with packed salads, I really quite enjoy the process of assembling all the pieces at work though. It makes me feel a bit more like I’m making a meal!

11 Raya May 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I bring my lunch to work everyday and I separate e-very-thing!!! So I don’t think it’s weird at all! I like to have the “just made” fresh taste! I also don’t own anything from lululemon but I adore their bags that they have with all the quotes on them.

12 debs@pamplemousse21 May 12, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Sigh, I wish we had Lululemon in the UK! Although maybe it’s good for my bank balance!!

I’m completly the same with tupperwear though! But I actually quite enjoy assembling it all at work! It makes me feel like I’m cooking a little!

13 RhodeyGirl May 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Sometimes my lululemon store has insane sales on last season’s colors. Still pricey, but I got a pair of purple shorts for $39 (original price $54 woahhhh)

14 Beth May 12, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I had black beans for lunch today, too. yum!

15 rc1001 May 12, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I liked N’Sync, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Britney Spears, the list goes on and on…and I’m not proud of it!

I did so enjoy Glee’s rendition of “The Boy is Mine”. Brought me way back!!

16 thedailyoatmeal May 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I made it through cavity free this week ๐Ÿ™‚ Go for it and no fear!

17 fitandfortysomething May 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm

good luck at your teeth cleaning…….

18 Sarah for Real May 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Mmm… your salad looks great! I love crunching chips into salads. I love crunching chips into almost anything actually!

19 Lindsay May 12, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Your salad looks yummy, and all your containers remind me of my own container dilemma! I hate having to bring so so so many of them to work. I just wrote a post about it on my blog actually….sometimes, figuring out how to bring your healthy lunch from the kitchen and to the work environment is a big hassle!

20 Anna May 12, 2010 at 2:34 pm

lol– I love playing the “if I had a million dollars” game…although it can get a bit depressing too ๐Ÿ™‚ Lulu would definitely be on my list of shopping sprees I’d take ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Kelly May 12, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Yummy, you just made me want taco salad!

22 debs@pamplemousse21 May 12, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Sigh, I wish we had Lululemon in the UK, all the stuff looks so cute!

I’m exactly the same with tupperwere! I actually really enjoy assembling it all at work too, it makes me feel like I’m putting care into prepping my lunch!

23 sunnytropic May 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I would also buy the entire Lululemon store! I am in love with their running crops – Zoom, Empower, and Team Spirit; Astro Pants, Scoop bras & tanks; Not So Deep V Bras, and Remix hoodies…I could go on and on and on! I do have multiples of some of those things thanks to some generous Christmas gifts and finding some of the items on sale! It is a lot of $$$ but so worth it every once in awhile!

24 Krysta May 12, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I love putting almond milk in my coffee!

25 Erin May 12, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I don’t have a favorite use for almond milk because I have never had the pleasure of tasting almond milk. I would love to get the chance though. I have been told by my dietitian friend that almond milk would be a better alternative milk choice for me since soy is hard on my stomach but I have been hesitant to buy some in case I don’t like it.

26 Kellie May 12, 2010 at 4:49 pm

I went into Lululemon the other day and was astounded by their prices. Let’s just say, I won’t be getting a cute reusable bag anytime soon.

27 Julz May 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm

although you wouldn’t be able to use this idea, i love almond milk in my coffee!

28 Kelly May 12, 2010 at 5:34 pm

I went to Lululemon today and spent a small sum!! But it is SO worth it!!!

29 Trish May 12, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I’ve never tried their clothes – no store close to me. But I really want to see what all the fuss is about. Of course, yes, wish the stuff wasn’t so pricey.

30 Lisa @ bakebikeblog May 12, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Great bag – and GREAT lunch ๐Ÿ™‚ I think there is a Lulemon store in Sydney (about 3 hours away) but I am headed there in a few weeks and will have to visit!!!

31 Mary May 12, 2010 at 8:23 pm

your salad looks delightful. I wish there were a lululemon by me.

32 Brittany May 12, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I really want some Lululemon workout gear but my bank account keeps saying no. It’s sad. I want to see if the wunder unders live up to their hype too!

33 destiny May 12, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Oh i have picked up the almond mile several times at my grocery store but just havent been able to bring myself to spend money to buy it in case i didnt like it….would love to win it!!!

34 nancyrunswild May 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I like almond milk with cereal and for smoothies. Yum!

35 mai May 13, 2010 at 1:08 am

I love lululemon, and as I’m in Canada, and Vancouver no less (the birthplace of Lululemon, yeah, that’s right, we came up with it!), the store has claimed a large chunk of my cash in the last oh… five years. In all seriousness though the wunder under crops are amazing! I have some of the lululemon running crops and I prefer the wunder unders to run in. They stay in place, make your but look good. They are love, and definitely worth saving up for. IMHO.

36 missyrayn May 13, 2010 at 10:01 am

I do the same with my Lululemon bag. I bought a running bra and now drool as I pass the store each time.

37 Katie @ Katie's Healthy Discovery May 13, 2010 at 10:32 am

I have the same Lululemon bag that I use for my lunch too! They are awesome!