more ยป" />

A Rough Afternoon

by Meghann on May 12, 2010

I’ve had a rough afternoon. :(

Between my ill fated dentist appointment (I was once again reminded why I am petrified of the dentist :( ) to my hour of waiting at the UPS store to the mystery disappearance of my wireless internet (I’m blogging from the free wireless by my apartment’s pool) it has not been a very unpleasant last couple of hours. Good thing I have a freezer full of ice cream and a DVR full of Glee to make it all better. :)

Spending time in the kitchen helps too. ;)

For dinner tonight I started with some carrots, onions, radishes, and okra that I sauteed in a little olive oil and oregano. I added some Gardien ‘Beef’ tips to the pan, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and 1/2 cup of TJ’s Harvest Blend that I had pre-made earlier.

And served it all with some peanuts.

This meal contained a few of my new favorite things: radishes and the gardien ‘beef’ tips. :) There is something about sauteeing radishes that brings out this lovely buttery flavor to them.

The freezer full of ice cream came into play for dessert.

1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream with strawberries and dark chocolate was just what the doctor ordered. :)

I feel much better now.

• Don’t forget to enter my Silk Pure Almond Giveaway
  • The Healthy Living Summit presenters have all been selected! And I have to say I personally can not wait for this year’s event! We are just one step closer to opening registration!
  • I am internet-less for the rest of the evening, so if you send me a tweet or an e-mail I’ll get to it in the morning!

Good Night!

1 Jenny May 12, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Sorry you ha such a tough day but that dinner looks fab!

2 Evan Thomas May 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Ice cream and dark chocolate makes things so much better

3 Run Sarah May 12, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your rough afternoon – it sounds brutal. Your dinner looks awesome – such an amazing combo of foods.

4 amanda May 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm

sorry about the bummer of an afternoon. just think, tomorrow is a brand new day

5 amanda May 12, 2010 at 9:25 pm

{i accidentally sent that first comment without finishing…opps!}

sorry about the bummer of an afternoon. just think, tomorrow is a brand new day! and it’s almost friday….hollla.

on a positive note: your dinner looks delicious and i can guarantee your dentist was eating such a great meal.

6 Erin May 12, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Ugh, we all have days like that and it just SUCKS. Hopefully things are brighter tomorrow. :mrgreen:

7 traveleatlove May 12, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I hope your evening gets better!

8 christina cadden May 12, 2010 at 9:41 pm

That ice cream looks good!

9 jenny May 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm

omg I love glee as well haha. It was an interesting episode for sure. I’m still loving the music from the madonna episode though- I listened to it on my run today!

10 Jenna May 12, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I am glad dessert made up for the dayyy!

11 Matt May 12, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Sorry about the rough day :(

12 marathon makeover May 12, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your bummer afternoon and your dentist fear! I’m the same way – I used to have to have laughing gas just to get my teeth cleaned. If you don’t mind my asking, what’s your big dentist fear? (Mine is having someone’s HANDS in my mouth- eekers!)

13 Rachael May 12, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I’m empathetic to your dentist trauma. I was terrified as a child, had to go to a special children’s dentist, and after I kicked him in the ribs (the lead apron thing didn’t work out so well), the guy refused to treat me. My five year old self proclaimed victory.
It sounds a bit odd, but I generally use almond milk as the liquid ingredient when I make homemade pasta. It adds a nice nutty flavor, and for some reason, the dough kneads out much smoother than when I use water. Go figure.

14 maintainingthathealthybalance May 12, 2010 at 10:30 pm

I have been a daily blog reader for the last 2+years and you have all inspired me to start my own. My Story of weight loss is a little different then most. I would love for you so stop by and check it out. Keep up the great work!

15 Lizz May 12, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I hope tomorrow is better!

I’ve been wanting to try radishes braised in butter, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet! I’ve still only had them raw (which I like) so I’m curious to see what they’re like cooked.

16 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) May 12, 2010 at 11:18 pm

I’m sorry your afternoon wasn’t so great :-( If this dentist freaked you out, you can always find a new one. I picked mine based on a long conversation I had with his receptionist when I was scheduling my first appointment with him – she was so sincere and kind when I explained my fear of dentists.

17 dianacheung May 12, 2010 at 11:34 pm

I complain sometimes on my blog about my day but yours takes the cake…Garmin missing then all this?! I hope Derek goes to see you this weekend and makes it all better!

18 Lisa @ bakebikeblog May 12, 2010 at 11:48 pm

oooh I love that STAR plate :)
Hope your day improves :)

19 thefitbridesmaid May 13, 2010 at 12:04 am

Yuck . . the ice cream with strawberries look delish though!

I haven’t gotten into Glee really (despite my love of musical theater), but I’m interested in next week’s episode when Neil Patrick Harris will guest star. He’s so hysterical!

20 acountablelife May 13, 2010 at 1:20 am

I’m really curious about those ‘beef’ tips! Did you review them anywhere? And where do you get them? Hmm…

21 britchickruns May 13, 2010 at 3:09 am

Oh dear, that does sound like a bad day :( what happened at the dentist!?
I feel for you :(, I hope today is a bit better!

22 Emily May 13, 2010 at 4:34 am

Those “beef tips” look a little to much like actual beef to me!
I’m not a huge radish fan, but maybe I’d like them better cooked. Are they still really crunchy or do they soften up a bit?
Hope you get your internet back soon, though I’m pretty jealous that you have wifi by the pool…

23 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 13, 2010 at 8:16 am

Sweet plate! I want to eat off of a star :)

24 Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 13, 2010 at 8:43 am

Glee makes everything better:)

25 Kelly May 13, 2010 at 10:20 am

Sorry about the rough day. I’ve had dentist troubles lately also :(

26 Sarah R May 13, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Sorry you had such a rough afternoon. the good thing is–it’s now Thursday, and one day closer to the weekend! When will you guys be posting the speakers for the summit? I’m really interested to see who will be presenting this year.

27 pippapatchwork May 13, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Your dinner looks really good! I love how your food always look delicious but still doable.

28 Kim May 13, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Your plates are so cute – where do you get small fun-shaped plates? And I like the tiny tupperware too for salad dressing!

And Trader Joe’s is the BOMB – we need one in Orlando!! I lived off their soy-flax spicy tortilla chips all thru grad school :)