more ยป" />

The Day That Got Away

by Meghann on May 11, 2010

Somehow my day got away from me!

Between meetings, running errands at lunchtime, and writing copy for an e-blast, before I knew it, it was close to quitting time and I still didn’t have an afternoon blog post up. Ooops! Better later than never, right?

This morning I snack on the last of a bad of quaker rice snacks I had received as a free sample a while back.

There was barely more than a serving left in the bag.

The rice snacks tasted great, but had no staying power what so ever. I spent my lunch hour running various errands and by the time I made it back to my desk to eat lunch I was STARVING.

Luckily a packed lunch requires little to no preparation to enjoy. ๐Ÿ™‚

All I had to do was add the dressing to the prepared salad of spinach, tomato, radish, and craisins

And microwave the leftover ravioli with that addition of carrot and goat cheese for 2 minutes.

Lunch was served in exactly 2 minutes.

Lunch was also consumed in exactly 2 minutes. It was good too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Something sweet was a necessity after lunch

Work. Work. Work. Work.

Enter pre-yoga granola bar.

Hot yoga was another amazing practice this evening. I can feel my body getting stronger and more flexible with each session. My heels are ‘this close’ to touching the ground during downward dog and I’m attempting poses I’ve never tried before. ๐Ÿ˜‰

However, I would like to put a PSA out there for all my gentlemen readers… Gentlemen -when practicing yoga of any form please be sure to stay clear of loose fitting shorts. Let’s just say during some one legged downward dogs I saw more downward dog than I bargained for. Umm… yeah.

On the way home all I could think about was a nut butter quesadilla. This combination has actually been on my mind for a while now.

My quasadilla contained

• Natually Nutty Toffee Butter Peanut Butter
  • Crofter’s Superfruit Spread
  • Apple
  • Flaxseed

All pressed inside an extra large tortilla. ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t know why I don’t make nut butter quasadillas more often, this was great. The apple added a great crunch and the flaxseed gave the combination a nice nutty flavor on top of the sweetness of the nut butter and fruit spread.

On the side I had the last half of the apple that I used in the quasadilla.

With a raspberry yogurt + granola

For dessert, four Girl Scout Thin Mints.

There is a great episode of Glee on tonight featuring the song The Boy is Mine that was originally sung by Brandy and Monica in the 90s. That song was a favorite of my cousin, Jessica, and mine back in the day. We used to dress up and make pretend music videos to the song. I bet you I could even dig up an old recording of us singing the song somewhere… but, I’ll save your ears the trouble!

Did anyone else make pretend music videos as a kid? What was your favorite song to dress up and sing along to?

Besides The Boy is Mine a few favorites of mine were anything from the Spice Girls, Atlantis Morisette, and who can forget early Britney Spears. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Mary May 11, 2010 at 10:03 pm

one time a few of my friends and me in middle school dressed up as the spice girls and made a video to spice world. we were the next biggest hit ๐Ÿ™‚

2 Jenna May 11, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Dinner looks phenom!!

3 Dori May 11, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Who knew they served deep fried kok at hot yoga?

4 RhodeyGirl May 11, 2010 at 10:13 pm

I hope you don’t think I am nuts, but Meghann, please tell me you don’t microwave food in those plastic containers! Please please please try to use a real or paper plate. Microwaving in those containers is not good for your health!

Love,
S

5 Lindsay May 11, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Doesn’t the FDA have regulations on the chemicals in those containers though?

6 JessicaR May 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Yes, but this is the same FDA that said BPA was totally fine in 2008, but now is changing its stance. I trust the FDA with my health about as much as I trust a hungry lion with my life ๐Ÿ™‚

7 theprocessofhealing May 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Oh gosh, I LOVED the Spice Girls! And Britney Spears! Good times…
Your dinner sounds great!! I need to try that combo!
Yikes about hot yoga…

8 midgetkeeper May 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Lol at the extra goodies you saw at yoga.

9 Sonia May 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Hi! That quesadilla looks fab! Love the combos.
I just wanted to let you know that I made the yucca fries you posted a recipe to a while ago… they were awesome!!! I just blogged em ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Sarah (cocoanutshakes) May 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Quesadilla!!! That looks sick!! My friends and I used to recreate old MTV shows…Lots of TRL: Britney, Hanson, Backstreet Boys…..Crazy how much fun we had with that.

11 Brittany May 11, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Music performances and videos were totally my thing. I liked doing Mariah Carey- Fantasy and Shania Twain- Any Man of Mine. HAHA

I know how you feel about your lunch hour being swamped with work. I have a work meeting during lunch tomorrow but I’ve already got ideas for what to pack to eat so I should be prepared.

12 Lorin May 11, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Oh yum! That quesadilla looks really good! You must have a lot of tubberware in your dishwasher everyday.

13 chau May 11, 2010 at 10:34 pm

lmao. your mentioning of more than your fair share of downward dogs followed by nut butter cracked me up ๐Ÿ˜‰ how ironic that those two ideas were juxtapositioned quite nicely – yet im sure unintentionally. Only a pervert like me would think it’s funny. hahahahha

14 Red May 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Hahaha, reminds me of that episode of Friends where Phoebe has the boyfriend who wears loose gym shorts! hahaha

15 Caroline May 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Did you ever watch a karaoke game show that ran on MTV, I think it was called Say What Karaoke? A friend and I would “play” that game. We would pick out songs we had on CD/cassette then dress up and do our make-up, and perform the song for the other to score. To mimic the lightening round in the show we would put the radio on and you had to sing whatever was playing. Haha.

I also remember a sleepover where TLC’s “Waterfalls” was on repeat for hours.

(I picked up lentils at the grocery store tonight – I’m looking forward to trying the lentil loaf you blogged earlier!)

16 missyrayn May 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I agree with your boys yoga wear but I also don’t appreciate the guys who do it in speedos either. Leave something to the imagination please.

I love those type of quesadillas. I actually did that as the first thing with my Crofters when I won some from a contest.

17 Meghann May 12, 2010 at 5:45 am

Trust me, I would rather see a guy in a speedo then see the whole sha-bang in loose fitting shorts. Talk about leaving nothing to the imagination.

18 Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches May 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm

My friends and I used to enjoy creating entire dance routines to Back Street Boys songs. I remember a particularly epic one we created for Backstreet’s Back….ALLRIGHT! Or whatever the heck that song was called.

Whenever I listen to that music nowadays, it takes me right back to my middle school glory (read: awkward) years. It’s all terrible stuff, but so darn catchy! How can you resist? Spice Girls songs were also fantastic for creating dance routines. ๐Ÿ™‚

19 Lisa @ bakebikeblog May 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm

What a great lunch!
but eeeek that yoga story is scary ๐Ÿ˜‰

20 Alice May 11, 2010 at 11:13 pm

YES I always make this combination in a wrap! The pb + apple is perfect. Try it with a few chopped up dates, too!

21 amanda May 11, 2010 at 11:19 pm

rice cakes are one of my favorites, but i’ve never had that flavor. in fact, i’ve never seen that flavor in the store.

the boy is mine is a KILLER song. it’s still one of my all time fave karaoke songs without doubt. sadly, i just don’t like glee.

22 hundredtenpounds May 11, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Your lunch looks really tasty! Along the lines of your yoga advice….I have one…gentleman please don’t run in short-shorts that don’t fit and please wear under-roos. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Tay May 11, 2010 at 11:41 pm

OMG we used to make music videos all the time!! We made one Britney Spears song where it starts out “Oh baby baby…” and we videoed me rocking my baby sister in my arms as I sang that line. haha oh goodness

24 britishbride May 12, 2010 at 5:25 am

That is HILARIOUS!

25 Heather May 11, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Too funny about the guy at yoga…thanks for the tip b/c my boyfriend and I are supposed to try it out soon!

26 pursuitofhealthfulness May 11, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Meghann- I absolutely love the blog. I truly admire your commitment to health, exercise and living life to its fullest!

I am trying to get a blog off the ground, and would appreciate any advice you have to lend!

27 Jillian May 12, 2010 at 12:04 am

Meghann,
What kind of salad dressing is that? It looks colorful and delicious, lol!

28 Meghann May 12, 2010 at 5:46 am

Raspberry vinaigrette

29 Natalie May 12, 2010 at 1:08 am

Oh did we ever make pretend music videos! When I was 8 the Spice Girls were dominating the world (um because they’re amazing), so of course we had to form our own tribute band. I was Ginger, and I remember spending entire weekends rehearsing and choreographing and filming our ‘music videos’ in the basement of Scary Spice’s house. Her parents had built a bar in the basement and we thought it was PERFECT. Hair, make-up, wardrobe…we had everything but the platform heels. And of course, we had to watch Spice World every time we got together for inspiration.

I haven’t thought about that in so long! It’s definitely a positive memory to look back on, but I remember there being so many fights between us! I guess that’s what happens when you put five girls together…the Spice Girls broke up too, so maybe we were just following suit? haha!

30 Marina May 12, 2010 at 1:33 am

Uh, it wasn’t nice seeing that at yoga ๐Ÿ˜€
Me and my sis were constantly making choreography for songs, dancing all the time, pretending to host song shows, etc.
it was actually pretty fun, and really well organized ๐Ÿ˜€

31 britchickruns May 12, 2010 at 2:42 am

HAHA at the yoga!! LOL that is just too funny ๐Ÿ˜›
I used to dress up to Spice Girls and sing ๐Ÿ˜€ I even did the school talent contest with my friends to a Spice Girls song! The shame ๐Ÿ™
LOVE that dinner, amaze ๐Ÿ™‚

32 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) May 12, 2010 at 3:53 am

Your lunches inspire me. Whenever I “bring lunch,” it is like a white bread roll with peanut butter on it. SO not fair. Will work on that someday ๐Ÿ™‚ and the nut butter quesadilla looks awesome. I need to try that.

Spice Girls ALL THE WAY. And California Girls. I actually made a music video with my sister and friend to that song, when we found out we were leaving NY for CA. Wish they all could be California giiiiirls….

33 britishbride May 12, 2010 at 5:23 am

Love The Boy is Mine – Brandy and Monica – amazing! Love all those you listed… also, do you remember the Honeyz… Finally Found?

Come real classics.

I will have to watch out for that episode of glee.

Julia

34 Becky May 12, 2010 at 7:29 am

Kid music videos – so fun! When I was little, I staged some big time talent shows for my siblings and the neighborhood kids. I always wore an old leather jacket and rocked out the Alanis Morrisette. My friends and I also made some great “Josie and the Pussycats” videos. Fun times!

35 Matt May 12, 2010 at 7:30 am

LOL thanks for the yoga tip ๐Ÿ˜‰ I will keep that in mind during my next yoga attempt.

36 Sarah May 12, 2010 at 7:47 am

We have home videos of me dancing and singing to MC Hammer…def black mail material!

37 Raya May 12, 2010 at 8:01 am

Anything Backstreet boys. Yep I was a dork ๐Ÿ™‚

38 dianacheung May 12, 2010 at 8:08 am

omg your dinner made me drool…I love breakfast flavors for dinner!! My “music video” as a kid was another by the bangles!!! AN ETERNAL FLAMMEEEEEE

39 runningwithsass May 12, 2010 at 8:38 am

OMG It seems every time I had a sleepover we did music videos and recorded them haha! ah the memories.

40 Keri @ Baby Spinach Steps May 12, 2010 at 9:08 am

A nut butter quesadilla – how ingenious! This is definitely a “must try.”

41 LindsayH May 12, 2010 at 9:56 am

I was so excited when they sang that song! It was always one of my favorites. Also it was nice to have one of the minor characters get a solo (well, duet).

42 Cheryl H. May 12, 2010 at 11:05 am

Your lunch looks SO amazing! Also, I love your nut butter quesadilla ~ I think I am going to have to try that today! Thanks for the great food ideas today.

43 DiningAndDishing May 12, 2010 at 11:53 am

haha, I was a big fan of No Doubt, “Don’t Speak” ๐Ÿ™‚

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

44 stephanie May 12, 2010 at 2:04 pm

my sister, cousin and i would totally run around in the backyard in white sports bras and jean vests singing “any man of mine” by shania twain… yes, i am old and yes, i grew up in the country! :o)

45 Elizabeth May 12, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I use it every day in my green monster smoothie. Yum!

46 Katie @ Katie's Healthy Discovery May 13, 2010 at 10:34 am

That quasadilla looks so good! I’m going to make one this weekend.

Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚