40 Days of Hot Yoga

by Meghann on May 10, 2010

Is it really only Monday?

After the day I’ve had, I could have swore it was at least Wednesday!

My afternoon was packed with data pulling, e-blasting, and blah, blah, blah. Isn’t having a desk job so much fun? πŸ˜‰

At least I had a fun snack to entertain me along the way.

Mr. Almond Butter…

… please meet Mr. Apricot.

Yum!

I made the impromptu decision last week to purchase the unlimited 40 day pass at my new favorite hot yoga studio in Orlando. I figured if I made it to at least 4 classes in the next 40 days then I will have got my money’s worth out of the past. Of course, I plan to do a little more than that.

This afternoon I headed to hot yoga for session #2 of the pass. I’m going to try to make it to yoga at least 3 times a week with the pass. πŸ™‚

Today’s practice was a little different than the previous ones. For starters the class seemed to be a lower flow. Instead of moving from one pose to the next quickly and repeatedly, today’s practice focused on holding poses and gaining strength. It was also VERY crowded! I made quite a few new friends when i continually bumped them with my legs, feet, arms, and head. lol

Yoga was followed by an easy dinner.

I had frozen some portions of the lentil loaf I made a few weeks ago for future meals. The portioned heated up nicely in the microwave and was extra tasty with the ketchup coating.

While the loaf was defrosting on the counter, I made mashed rutabaga by steaming cubed rutabaga until it was soft then mashing it with a little almond milk.

Steamed green beans completed the plate.

For dessert I had a serving of plain vanilla ice cream – I forgot how good plain vanilla ice cream could be! – with granola and dark chocolate edamame.

It’s wayyy past my bed time.

Good Night!

1 Sana May 10, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Yay for meeting new people in group fitness!

2 thewhatkateateblog May 10, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I love when new posts are added as I read. It makes me feel like the blogger is blogging to me πŸ™‚

3 Jenny May 10, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I love meeting new people at the gym! Did that today:)

4 theprocessofhealing May 10, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Vanilla ice cream is HIGHLY under-rated!!!! Especially vanilla bean! Oh yes.

5 Anna May 10, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Wow– I never would have guessed that that was rutabaga! I thought it was cheese grits, lol. πŸ™‚

6 hundredtenpounds May 10, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I know right–why do our desk jobs have to cramp our style?? πŸ™‚

7 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 10, 2010 at 10:38 pm

You’re so good at cooking for one and saving the rest!!

8 Lisa @ bakebikeblog May 10, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Yay for hot yoga! I really must give it a try!

9 Katherine May 10, 2010 at 11:16 pm

What are these dark chocolate edamame?? I assume it’s fairly obvious…but where do you find them? What is the edamame like inside? God, they sound good.

10 Molly May 10, 2010 at 11:22 pm

you always make the best dessert concoctions, just saying!

last summer i purchased an unlimited pass and loved hot yoga.. i haven’t been back since because it is so darn expensive. have fun

11 Nicole May 10, 2010 at 11:35 pm

I need to get more yoga into my life, it’s been way too long since my last hot yoga class!

12 Ilana May 10, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Yeah, no better way to make friends than accidentally smack the girl next to you, no? Happens to me in Pilates all the time haha. I’m really considering trying out hot yoga after all the blog love for it.

13 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) May 10, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Crowded yoga classes are the worst! Totally distracting, but I guess the “we’re all in this together” feeling can be motivating, too πŸ™‚

14 Natalie May 11, 2010 at 2:56 am

I’ve been meaning to try hot yoga, but I haven’t been able to get up the courage yet! I feel like it would be no sweat (ha!) for someone that’s lived in Florida since you’re already used to heat and humidity. Us Pacific North-Westerners don’t handle that too well!

15 britchickruns May 11, 2010 at 3:45 am

That would totally put me off yoga – the crowding; how frustrating to keep bumping into people!
I love vanilla ice cream – it’s so underrated sometimes πŸ™

16 Matt May 11, 2010 at 7:13 am

Meeting new workout buddies is always a plus πŸ™‚

17 legalb May 11, 2010 at 7:33 am

I went to hot yoga last night for the 3rd or 4th time. LOVE LOVE LOVE πŸ™‚ I go any time I can start to feel any tightness in my legs from training. I swear, one session works out every bit of tension in my body. Afterwards I feel like I just had a full body massage. Enjoy your 40 days! πŸ™‚

18 Kelly May 11, 2010 at 8:11 am

I need to do some real yoga, not like yoga/strength training.

19 Jess May 11, 2010 at 9:52 am

I’m doing a 30 day Bikram yoga challenge right now. It’s awesome! Since I’m injured and can’t run, I’m really enjoying this new challenge. After 9 classes I can tell my body is adjusting to the heat and I’m getting stronger.

20 missyrayn May 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm

I’m going to make this lentil loaf this week. I love that it can be frozen and reheated!

I hope when I move that I can find a hot yoga studio to purchase a month pass. I did it once on vacation and loved it!