16 Classes in 60 Days – Done!

by Meghann on May 10, 2010

I did it!

I completed 16 classes in 60 days at my gym! I got my final stamp this morning when I completed the early morning cycling class.

[Insert picture of completed card I forgot to take today before turning it. :/ ]

What does this mean? It means I get a $50 credit towards my gym membership! Woop Woop!

In honor of completing the 16 classes in 60 days I thought it would be fun to give a mini review of what I thought of each class I took in the 60 day period.

• Body Power – (aka my gym’s version of body pump) – I am AWFUL at strength training, so this class was really what I needed to get my pump on. It’s high energy, challenges me, and I really feel worked after each class. I see many more power classes in my future
  • Cycling – I love this cardio blast of a class! It’s perfect for cross training in my running off season. The class blasts my heart rate up high and leaves me a sweaty mess afterwards.
  • Kick Boxing – I really can’t wait to take this class again. I’m actually really sad my gym only offers this class twice a week. I was sore for 3 days the last time I took this high energy class, which – in my opinion – is always the sign of a good work out!
  • Yoga – What I like to call the ‘gym version of yoga’ is nice when you need a good stretch. It’s very slow, relaxing, and a great easy post-marathon or long-run class.
  • Centergy – (aka my gym’s version of pilates) – I’ve take pilates classes and love it, but my gym’s version sucked. I doubt I’ll be going back.

Well there you have! 16 classes, 60 days, and a $50 credit to my account! Woo hoo!

What’s your favorite class at your gym? Or if you’re not a gym member which one would do you want to try?

A morning at the gym means eating breakfast at the desk.

IMG_6943

IMG_6945

Cereal = 1/2 cup peanut Butter Puffins, 1/2 cup Honey Puffs, & 1/2 cup Oatmeal Squares.

IMG_6951

Vanilla Yogurt (still making my way through the big container before I buy my plain again)

IMG_6953

Strawberries + kiwis

IMG_6952

When their powers combine…

IMG_6946

you get something amazing. 😉

IMG_6955 IMG_6959

Chevy Girl on the Go Post

Check out my latest post at GirlfriendGetawayFlorida.com : A Day in the Life of a Chevy Girl on the Go featuring a video from my CRAZY day on Saturday!

1 Diana May 10, 2010 at 9:03 am

That’s awesome that they give you a credit for it! Great motivation 😛
I’ve actually never gone to a class at my gym. My friend was always wanting me to go but I like just doing cardio and lifting weights. Maybe I’ll try some classes one of these days. 🙂

2 britchickruns May 10, 2010 at 9:03 am

I’m not a member of the gym but I’d love to do Body Pump (weights, I need weights!!) and kickboxing – they are my two favourites!
Congrats on the 60 days thing, you must be stoked 🙂 Have a good day!

3 glidingcalm May 10, 2010 at 9:06 am

liked your review of classes!! i want to take more sooooooooooon, and I’ve always been curious about body pump! that yogurt container is ador!

4 biz319 May 10, 2010 at 9:06 am

Woot! Way to go Meghann! I miss my spin classes – my new gym doesn’t have any classes!

Looks like you had a great weekend too!

5 Ilana May 10, 2010 at 9:07 am

That’s so cool. I’m not a gym member but I’m tossing around a few different membership possibilities…Mostly I’m dying to try out a Zumba class!

6 Christina May 10, 2010 at 9:14 am

I’m not part of a gym but I kinda want to join one just to take classes! The kickboxing one sounds like a lot of fun!

7 kalli@fitandfortysomething May 10, 2010 at 9:16 am

that is so awesome! what a cool incentive from your gym 🙂

8 Krista N. May 10, 2010 at 9:37 am

Great Video!!! My favorite Gym class….. BODY ATTACK!!!!
Best. Class. Ever 🙂

9 theprocessofhealing May 10, 2010 at 9:56 am

Wow congrats! That’s a really awesome deal!

10 Jenny May 10, 2010 at 10:00 am

Mine is body combat- it’s made by re company that does pump, and is intense- it’s kickboxing and muay Thai and jiu jitsu all combined- you leave drenched!

11 Melissa S. May 10, 2010 at 10:09 am

kick boxing rocks huh? i can’t wait to find a place where i’m living to maybe take a class or too.

ps. where did you get your road bike from…this chick might need one soon 😉 some training is in the works…

12 Sarah May 10, 2010 at 10:22 am

I’ve always wanted to do a kickboxing class! I’m not a gym member right now, but even when I was my gym didn’t offer it 🙁

13 glutenfreecitygirl May 10, 2010 at 10:24 am

that is soooo cool you get a $50 credit!! I wish my (insanely expensive) gym would offer that type of incentive…I’d be all over that!
My favorite classes are body pump and boxing…the real kind where you hit the heavy bags. I am seriously sore for days after boxing, too…love it though!

14 Taysa (Water, Butter and Wine) May 10, 2010 at 11:00 am

This post really makes me miss having a gym membership. I love riding my bike and have always wanted to try a cycling class–they just sound like so much fun!

15 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 10, 2010 at 11:19 am

How would you describe a “non-gym version” of yoga?

16 Meghann May 10, 2010 at 11:22 am

I always find yoga practiced at an actual studio to be a bit more challenging.

Exhibit A: Hot Yoga http://graduatemeghann.com/2010/03/29/now-thats-what-i-call-yoga

17 Evan Thomas May 10, 2010 at 11:25 am

I love how your gym encourages activity with a discount. Genius! I would really love to try a killer spin class or a kickboxing class, but I just never find the motivation to pay

18 hundredtenpounds May 10, 2010 at 11:27 am

I’ve always wanted to take a pilates or spin class but the classes are always full at my gym. 🙁

19 Erin May 10, 2010 at 11:34 am

That’s awesome and a $50 credit certainly makes it all a little sweeter. 😀

20 Anna May 10, 2010 at 11:39 am

50 dollars credit is nothing to sneeze at! Good work!

21 amanda May 10, 2010 at 11:49 am

sadly, my gym doesn’t offer classes. but i’ve always been a huge fan of aerobic classes. i like the fun dance moves and loud music. it gets me all sorts of hyped.

i’m a nerd, but i love your tupperware. i need to get my hands on that!

22 kamadavitta May 10, 2010 at 11:52 am

My gym does that too! Congrats on completing the challenge!

23 DiningAndDishing May 10, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I love taking classes! I actually look forward to them…unlike the elliptical! My fave is Body Combat (like kickboxing). I feel you can really punch and kick all the stress of the week right out in a productive way!

– Beth @ http://www.DiningAndDishing.com

24 Marina May 10, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Congratulations on completing that challenge, and the prize is awesome!
I wish I had a gym like that over here. But here they are crazy expensive, and they don’t have such cool offers.

25 runningwithsass May 10, 2010 at 12:17 pm

so fun! my gym is more of an express gym so no classes. I would love to do a body pump class!

26 Heather @ Side of Sneakers May 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm

That’s a pretty cool incentive! $50 off is not too shabby. Haha pilates is actually my favorite class at the gym, but I really think it’s because of the teacher- I hate the class when she has to have a sub.

27 lowandbhold May 10, 2010 at 12:57 pm

I love body pump and spin! 16 classes in 60 days is impressive! Yay for “free” money 🙂

28 missyrayn May 10, 2010 at 1:08 pm

My gym doesn’t offer classes but the next gym I look for I’m looking for classes like spinning, kickboxing and body pump. I like the idea of changing it up since I have to cut back on my running.

29 Raya May 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm

I don’t have a gym membership at the moment but I looove spinning classes. The time flies by and beforeyou know it you’re done, and drenched!

Raya @ RayaRuns.com

30 Jenna May 10, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Congrats!

31 Heather May 10, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Great job! My gym does a Saturday morning Boot Camp class that is TOUGH! It has different stations that focuses on different parts of the body, and it’s a great workout. I did it once after running the Pat Tillman 4.2 mile run and I couldn’t move the rest of the day!

32 Nicole May 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Congrats on meeting the challenge, wish my gym would do that, I could certainly use a $50 credit!

33 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com May 10, 2010 at 4:07 pm

For a $50 credit I would totally do that!!

34 shelly May 10, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I love Body Pump, Zumba and Attack. All super fun, especially with friends.

35 Carlo April 3, 2017 at 9:24 am

I can’t stand traditional exercise. Lifting weights up and down is really boring. But I know that exercise is important and that’s why I started Jiu jItsu! I’m exercising in a fun way 🙂