High in the Sky

by Meghann on April 29, 2010

This seems to be a familiar sight on my blog lately, doesn’t it?

IMG_0995

In 2009 I flew 8 times! So far in 2010 I’ve flown 4 times and it’s only the 4th month of the year. Looks like breaking last year’s number isn’t going to be a challenge. Good thing I love to travel – especially when I’m traveling for VACATION and not work! 🙂

Aww… vacation. I can’t say it enough. I’m on vacation! I’m on vacation!

Ok, I promise I’ll stop now. 🙂

Derek and I had an early flight this morning and needed to be at the airport by 6:30am. Luckily Derek’s brother was willing to take us to the airport at the crack of dawn despite having worked until closing at The Cheesecake Factory last night. Derek’s brother also volunteered to puppy sit Maddie this weekend and has already informed me of his plans to strategically use Maddie as ‘girl bait’ at the local parks. Thanks Tyler! Try not to pick up too many girls with my sweet pups because trust me they will come in droves with her around. 🙂

Once past security Derek and I dove into breakfast.

IMG_0975

I had packed some cereal

IMG_0976

Fruit (that I shared with Derek)

and a packet of Barney Butter

One thing I do not like about the Barney Packets is how incredibly difficult it is to get the Barney Butter out of them. At home I cut them up with scissors, but at the airport Derek had to help me get every last drop I could out of them.

Breakfast may not have looked pretty, but it was tasty!

I begged Derek last night to pack his own breakfast for the airport, but he pushed it aside and told me he would buy something at the airport. He ended up purchasing an egg sammie from Quiznos and did not enjoy it at all. I think ‘I told you so’ may have came out of my mouth once or twice. 😉

We really scored on our first flight to Atlanta.

Not only were we able to sit together (AirTran – it’s not very nice to charge people to pick their seats), but we placed in the exit row too.

Hello extra legroom!

Derek slept.

And I indulged in a guilty pleasure. 😉

Unfortunately we weren’t as lucky for the second (much longer) flight. Derek is 6 rows behind me and the exit row is three rows ahead of me. Bummer.

At least I have wifi to entertain me!!

Just after take off #2 I had a Peppermint Stick Luna Bar.

I now have the pleasure of tweeting, blogging, and checking e-mail for the remainder of my 5 hour flight across the country. Derek and I already have plans for a great place to eat for lunch once we land, but we’re open for suggestions for dinner tonight.

If you’re a San Francisco local and would like to meet up Sunday night shoot me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com

I’ll see ya in San Francisco!

1 Biz April 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I live vicariously through you Meghann – I haven’t been on a plane in three years! Have fun!!!!!!

2 Jenna April 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm

have a great vacation meghann!

3 Diana April 29, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I miss travelling so much, you don’t even know. You’re so lucky 🙂
Hope you guys have a lot of fun!

4 britchickruns April 29, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I haven’t flown for aggggeess – which sucks cos I LOVE it! I adore airports 😀
Have a great time!

5 Lea April 29, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Hey! I’ll be out at Lands end Saturday. Don’t know if you’ve been there but it’s a great place for a morning/afternoon jog near the beach with tons of stairs along the side to go down to the beach to work out your legs! It’s near the Legion of Honor. Anyway it has beautiful sights to se of the golden gate bridge and inner Richmond along the walk. Best place to eat by far is in North Beach called La Salle I believe. Their mozerella, bazil tomato sandwich is to die for and always has me drooling!!! Totally cheap too but only accept cash! Have fun!

6 Ashley L April 29, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Go down to the Wharf!

7 Jenny April 29, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I just had that Luna bar!! Love em:)

8 Lea April 29, 2010 at 1:50 pm

The name of the cafe is L’Osteria Del Forno and it’s 519 columbus avenue. Cute little pizza and wine place with the best mozerella basil and tomato sandwich…

9 Caitlin April 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I totally agree with you about the Barney Butter packets. Such a mess!

Enjoy your San Fran trip. Say hi to the Full House “house” for me! 🙂 haha

10 Claire April 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm

You’re going to have a GREAT time!!I would love to visit there someday:-)cc

11 runnerforever April 29, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Have a great time San Francisco!

12 Ellen April 29, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Have a great time. I am dying for vacation! UGH!

13 littlemissminny April 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm

You guys look really happy on that plane photo 🙂
Enjoy your vacation!

14 Angie April 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I have a question for you. I am just getting into running and was wondering if you listen to music when you run. I ask because, while I was out running yesterday my earphones kept coming out of my ears. So annoying! I was wondering if you have any recommendations

15 Anna April 29, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Angie…buy the headphones that are like earbuds connected to a thin band that goes over your head (like these http://content.etilize.com/Large/11922715.jpg) , and then tuck the band underneath a stretchy workout headband! The ONLY thing that works for me!

16 aron April 29, 2010 at 2:42 pm

i am so bummed that things arent working out to see you this weekend 🙁 if for some reason i have an ounce of energy left on sunday after being awake for 36+ hours i will contact you 🙂 have a GREAT time in SF!!!

17 Lauren April 29, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Totally agree with you about the Barney Butter packets…at home, the scissors definitely come out! Enjoy your vacation in San Francisco, Meghann!

18 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 29, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Sandra bullock adopted a baby?!?

19 sunnytropic April 29, 2010 at 2:45 pm

If you like asian fusion the Slanted Door in the Ferry Building is a great place with good views!

Have fun wherever you end up!

20 jentrinque April 29, 2010 at 2:49 pm

If I have to be stuck on an airplane, a celebrity gossip filled magazine is an absolute must!!!!

21 Anna April 29, 2010 at 2:50 pm

This is going to sound so random, but I think I have that vest– is it Michael, by Michael Kors?!?

Have a fun trip!

22 Tracey April 29, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I LOVE chocolate peppermint luna bars. They have been on my favorites list for years now!

Have fun in SF … I’m going to be in that area around Thanksgiving time!

23 Allie April 29, 2010 at 3:01 pm

i hate that i can never get the barney butter out of the packets. it’s a struggle every time. girl bait! funny- it will work. i am definitely a sucker for cute dogs!

24 Emily April 29, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Aw! My brother and sister-in-law are Honeymooning in SF! Hope yall have a blast!

25 Julie @ Wearing Mascara April 29, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Peppermint luna bar? Not sure I’ve seen them but maybe I’m not looking. Do you like them? Have a fun vacay – I’m super jealous 🙂

26 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 29, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Have a great flight and a lot of fun!! Can’t wait to see the recaps. 🙂

27 Midgetkeeper April 29, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Have fun! San Francisco is definitely a city I would love to visit.

28 Matt April 29, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Wow that is a LONG air trip!

29 Kathryn April 29, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Wow- that’s a lot of flying! I have grown to hate flying over the years. I especially hate the food We actually just blogged about it recently!.

30 clairedille April 29, 2010 at 5:26 pm

So funny about the girl bait (maggie will definitely work!)…and I know my bf also would insist on getting bfast at the airport and probably the same thing would happen, too funny. I can’t wait to read about san fran, my second fave US city!

31 Johanna B April 29, 2010 at 5:32 pm

The only place I’ve ever been in San Francisco is the airport. I had a layover on my way from Dallas to Seattle. It was the middle of the night and I don’t remember much. Have a great time.

32 Liz April 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm

one of my favorite restaurants in san fransisco is a vegetarian restaurant called Greens… I haven’t been in a few years but every time I have eaten there it’s been nothing short of amazing.

hope you have a great trip!

33 Emily April 29, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Let me just say that I love, love, love the blog! You are such an inspiration in diet, exercise and general outlook on life! (;

So, to this day, despite some fantastic dining experiences, my ALL TIME favorite meal was the lemon chicken at Fino Ristorante in San Francisco.

I’ve been dreaming back to it for years! Check it out if you get the chance… and if you don’t, then rearrange your schedule and make the time!

34 Lizz @ leading the good life April 29, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Greens is an AMAZING restaurant on the Bay located in the Fort Mason Center. It is vegetarian and seasonal, very chic, with a gorgeous dining room and view of the water and Golden Gate Bridge. I think you would love it. (it was my favorite)

Milineum is an awesome seasonal vegan restaurant, that even all of the non-vegans in our party enjoyed. It is one of the nicest vegan restaurants that I’ve been to and is located in the Hotel California. If you go there, I recommend the dessert that includes the white chocolate mousse – it was unlike anything I’ve ever had!

Enjoy your trip!!

35 Jessica April 29, 2010 at 6:23 pm

I went to San Francisco last summer, and ate at this great little Italian restaurant called Tomasso’s. The pizza is outstanding! I highly recommend it!

36 Lisa @ bakebikeblog April 29, 2010 at 6:51 pm

You have wifi on planes?! Argh I am so jealous! Australia is so behind !!!

37 Meg April 29, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Dosa on Valencia in the Mission is the BEST INDIAN food ever. hands down. It’s super cute inside as well.

38 amanda April 29, 2010 at 7:16 pm

It is so much easier now, healthier, and cheaper to bring your own food to the airport. BTW, funny thing is I just bought those very LUNA bars at Target. They were on sale!! A box of 6 was $5

39 theprocessofhealing April 29, 2010 at 7:37 pm

So sad that you and Derek were separated on the 2nd flight, boo. But traveling, how fun! I LOOOVE to travel!

40 Nehal April 29, 2010 at 7:40 pm

House of Nanking is a great hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant! The Plant Cafe is good for vegetarian/vegan food. I’ve heard a lot about Burma Superstar but didn’t have time to go on my trip to SF. Enjoy your vacation!

41 missyrayn April 29, 2010 at 7:52 pm

I hate not sitting with Hunni. WIFI would make it so much better. I’d still miss him but it would be better.

42 Katherine: What About Summer? April 29, 2010 at 9:32 pm

He makes you lean over to take the pic?! haha you’re so good at travel snacks! I can’t even do one meal abroad from my kitchen
Katherine

43 runningwithsass April 29, 2010 at 9:39 pm

have fun! yay for more legroom!

44 amanda April 29, 2010 at 10:30 pm

you and derek must have a blast traveling together.
such fun times. enjoyyyyyyyyyy! can’t wait to read updates and see pictures.

45 Brittney April 30, 2010 at 3:31 pm

I love the Chocolate Raspberry Luna’s- soooooo good! Have a great time in San Fran!

46 Emilyeatsclean April 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Guys never listen, do they?!?! I always pack lots of snacks for trips too, especially for the airport!