Thunder Rolls

by Meghann on April 26, 2010

Mornin’

We had some not-so-fun thunderstorms roll through Central Florida last night. Maddie and I went to sleep around 10:00, but were awoken around 12:30 to some nasty thunder and lightening. Poor Maddie was shaking in her fur as she tried to get as deep under the cover as possible.

After a few minutes of calming my puppy down we eventually drifted back to sleep. Late night thunder and lightening is simply no bueno!

This morning I made it to the gym just before 5:30am to take advantage of the Back2Back Body Power and Cycling classes. Today’s body power session was great. The instructor encouraged us all to add a baby weight to our regular sets and I happily accepted the challenge. It was a great extra push.

My favorite instructor was sadly missing from spinning. We had a sub, but she just doesn’t motivate me the same as the regular guy. 🙁

back at my desk I had a lovely container of overnight oats I had prepped the night before.

IMG_5604

IMG_5610

• 1/2 cup oats
  • Chocolate Oikos
  • Almond Milk
  • Chia Seed
  • Almond Butter
  • Grapes
  • Strawberries

IMG_5614

Chocolate Oats are delicious!

IMG_5619

Oh, and one last thing…

Happy Birthday Caitlin!

Remember to rock your 26th year! It’s going to be another great one!!

1 Jenny April 26, 2010 at 10:57 am

That’s crazy! I’m so impressed you do back to back classes like those!!

2 britchickruns April 26, 2010 at 11:04 am

Awh what a sucky end to Maddie’s birthday! And crikey, extra kudos to you for getting to a 5.30am class after a bad night’s sleep – impressive!

3 Sarah for Real April 26, 2010 at 11:16 am

Gah! Now I’ve got that song stuck in my head…

…and the lightning strikes. Another love grows coooold on a sleepless niiiiight….

Lol. Poor Maddie 🙁 My JRT likes to burrow when she gets scared too.

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 26, 2010 at 11:24 am

Aww, Maddie sleeps with you?

5 Meghann April 26, 2010 at 11:49 am

Yes, Maddie is my cuddle buddy. She is also a blanket hog! 🙂

6 Run Sarah April 26, 2010 at 11:25 am

Those back to back classes sound intense! I just tried chocolate Oikos for the first time this week…amazing!

7 Emilyeatsclean April 26, 2010 at 11:26 am

I think I might be the only food blogger who has never made overnight oats!!! Kudos for getting to the gym soooo early!!

-emily

8 theprocessofhealing April 26, 2010 at 11:29 am

Awww poor Maddie!!! I hate being woken up to storms like that too!
Your overnight oats sound delicious!

9 britishbride April 26, 2010 at 11:33 am

It is seriously impressive that you get to the gym at 5:30am after a thunderstorm all night! Are you the bionic woman? You go girl!

10 jentrinque April 26, 2010 at 11:35 am

We had bad thunderstorms in NC on Saturday night, and one of my cats was sooo freaked out! It was kinda cute and funny, actually, but being woken up by a storm isn’t that fun. What is a baby weight? A small one, like 3 pounds or something?

11 Meghann April 26, 2010 at 11:48 am

Its the tiny one. I want to say 1.5 kg? Don’t quote me on that one.

12 hundredtenpounds April 26, 2010 at 11:36 am

I love storms! But yeah, animals don’t like them so much. My kitties get freaked out.

13 Erin April 26, 2010 at 11:38 am

What a great breakfast–love to see so many fresh berries at the store these days. 😀

14 Paige (RAN) April 26, 2010 at 11:59 am

Maddie sounds SO cute. Poor little girl. Love that she gets under the covers.

15 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 26, 2010 at 12:01 pm

I actually love nighttime thunderstorms! I even have an app on my phone which plays lighting and rain. 🙂

16 Natalie April 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Maddie and I feel the same way about thunderstorms! haha Luckily we hardly ever get them up here in Washington, but I guess I should start preparing myself NOW in case I go to grad school in the south next year!

And I’ve GOT to try Oikos! The chocolate looks so good.

17 fitandfortysomething April 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm

sorry about the thunderstorms! poor maddie!

18 Christina April 26, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Poor Maddie! My dog used to go crazy for thunderstorms. She loved them! She would run around outside in the storm while barking nonstop.

19 Caroline April 26, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I think its great that you are able to find the motivation to cross train like that! I’m trying to get better about it, but don’t necessarily have the time. You’re so inspiring!

20 Matt April 26, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Am I the only one who likes late night thunderstorms? Call me crazy but there is something about listening to it while I am in bed that is comforting.

21 missyrayn April 26, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Our furbabies snuggle under the blankets like that in thunderstorms too. It is funny to wake up with them sharing out pillow.

Back to back classes that early would kill me. You are a rock star!

22 thefitbridesmaid April 26, 2010 at 6:54 pm

I am VERY aware of your thunderstorms in Central Florida. It’s why our flight out of Tampa was delayed an hour.

But chocolate oats look delicious!

23 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale April 26, 2010 at 7:11 pm

I love midnight thunderstorms for some reason… it makes me feel really comfy to know that I’m warm in my bed even though its a crazy monsoon outside!

24 maggie April 27, 2010 at 11:20 am

hey meghann! this is not meant to be in a snoody or rude tone, but do you still have rest days (from exercise)??
I am struggling with allowing my body a day a rest, and wondered if you do too??