Muy Caliente

by Meghann on April 26, 2010

Tonight’s dinner was muy caliente.

The secret was in the extra spice.

Red Pepper Flakes + Jalapenos + Hot Sauce = Hot, Hot Hot! πŸ™‚

• S&P
  • Dash of Hot Sauce
  • 1 Tortilla
  • 1/4 Avocado
  • Spinach
  • Tomato

Start by sautΓ©ing the onion until they become translucent. While the pan is still hot crumble the tempeh in and add the spices. Wait a few minutes then add the black beans and hot sauce to preferred level of spiciness. Once the mix is heated through fill the tortilla with the mix, spinach, tomato, and avocado. Form a burrito and grill in the george foreman for 2-3 minutes.

Serve with chips and salsa.

Enjoy! πŸ™‚

For dessert I had my final piece of Pumpkin Nut Bread with almond butter and butterscotch and dark chocolate chips.

I’m very proud of the fact I consumed this whole loaf of bread on my own. Sure it took 3 weeks, but that only means I savored and enjoyed every piece. πŸ™‚

This afternoon I had some mini vanilla rice cakes as my snack.

I’m watching an interesting movie that I recorded on Lifetime Movie Network called Deadly Honeymoon. It’s about a newlywed who disappeared on his honeymoon cruise (I think I’ve seen this story line play out in the headlines?) So far it’s one of those movies that never really gives you the answer on what actually happens. It gives you everyone’s side of the story and leaves you in the dark to make your own conclusion. Movies (or books) like that drive me crazy! I want to know what really happened! πŸ™

True, it is fiction, but still. πŸ˜›

I also am not a fan of secrets or surprises. Go figure.

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 26, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I just bought some salsa tonight–can’t wait to get my tongue sizzling! I go through bread super fast unless I keep it in the freezer. Then it’s one slice at a time.

2 missyrayn April 26, 2010 at 9:26 pm

That spice combo is like Lions, Tigers and Bears oh my!

I don’t like lifetime movies like that either because it drives me nuts. At least be like Law and Order and give us a pretend ending.

3 Erin April 26, 2010 at 9:32 pm

So much better to eat your own bread, too, where you know every single ingredient that’s in it.

4 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 26, 2010 at 9:41 pm

I was inspired by your daily pumpkin bread so tonight I made carrot bread and drizzled Dark Chocolate Dreams PB on it while it baked. SO GOOD!

5 jentrinque April 26, 2010 at 9:44 pm

I think something like that DID happen in real life, and the man eventually went to trial over it…or I could be completely wrong!

6 Amy @ Second City Randomness April 26, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Nice work on getting through all the pumpkin bread! I live on my own, too and it’s sooooo difficult to finish something like that before it gets bad! Also why I only buy a select amount of produce and just mix and match it until I run out and do it all over again… Cooking for one is an art form- I’m completely convinced of that!

7 Jenna April 26, 2010 at 9:50 pm

mmmm burrito looks delish! you are SO creative!

8 Matt April 26, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Mmm that looks good!

9 livelifeeatright April 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm

I’m loving your food today! Looks fantastic… might have to make that for the upcoming Cinco De Mayo!

10 kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com April 26, 2010 at 10:24 pm

what a fabulous blog- glad i stumbled over here. ur gorgeous too btw! great pics and eats. have a super week. xoxo <3 πŸ™‚

11 Lisa April 26, 2010 at 10:33 pm

haha I am not one for open endings either!

12 Lorin April 26, 2010 at 10:49 pm

That looks really good! It seems like you make stuff by only using half an amount of the can (the black beans for instance), so do you just save the rest of a can in tupperware and use it another time or do you just make leftovers? For example, 1/3 of an avocado? Do you save the other 2/3 for later?

I’m definately trying this sometime!

13 Meghann April 27, 2010 at 5:43 am

Yep, I saved the black beans in tupperware and will use it to make something else today as well as with the avocado. The avocado I save in a plastic baggie with the peel and core still in it so it doesn’t brown as fast.

14 chocolate pickle April 26, 2010 at 11:04 pm

I think that movie was loosely based off of a real event…I can’t remember the names of the people but it was all over the News a couple years ago when it happened. I don’t think they realllly every figured it out so that’s why the Lifetime movie is probably so vague! I saw that movie last night too and it was super annoying because nothing definitive ever really happened!

15 littlemisspotato April 26, 2010 at 11:32 pm

One year ago I would have never paid this dinner much attention. But after living in New Mexico for a while I’ve been turned onto all spicy/hot foods. Yum!

πŸ˜€

16 Jessie (Vegan-minded) April 26, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Yum, your dinner looks delish! I love it spicy. πŸ™‚

17 Jenny April 26, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Congrats on finishing the loaf:)

18 Kellie April 27, 2010 at 12:30 am

You have much more willpower than I have. I would have consumed that entire loaf in two days.

19 britchickruns April 27, 2010 at 2:59 am

Great burrito!
Did you freeze individual slices of that loaf?/how did you stop it from going mouldy over 3 weeks!? Impressive!!

20 Meghann April 27, 2010 at 5:45 am

The loaf did fine in the fridge. I usually find that sweet breads tend to do well in the fridge for up to a month. πŸ™‚

21 Sarah April 27, 2010 at 7:44 am

I just have to tell you I recently finished a book that totally left me craving some type of conclusion. I was so mad that I spent time reading to be left wondering!

22 Duchess of Fork April 27, 2010 at 8:02 am

I love adding oregano to Mexican dishes. It’s great in fajita peppers and onions. Looks like you had a great dinner!

23 dianacheung April 27, 2010 at 8:57 am

You are VERRYYY good with portion control but I would have thrown that bread away after a week or so…did it not go bad?

24 Meghann April 27, 2010 at 9:07 am

There was no mold and it still tasted good. I probably test the limits of how long food will lasts more than most people. lol

25 clairedille April 27, 2010 at 9:26 am

mmm that burrito looks so yummy. I just bought a pack of tempeh yesterday…must try!

26 hundredtenpounds April 27, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Love spicy food! Spicier the better.

27 Claire April 27, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I have little (if any) willpower when it comes to bread.I would have devoured the pumpkin nut bread in a few days.hehe:-)cc