more ยป" />

Productive Friday

by Meghann on April 23, 2010

Something happened today that never, ever happens – I worked right through lunch!

I was so focused on the my work that before I knew it, it was close to 1:00pm and I wasn’t even hungry. Very strange. I ended up continuing my work until close to 2:00pm and decided to continue the day working from home so I could get some food in me.

I roasted some eggplant, mushrooms, and radishes at 420 for 15 minutes then added some green beans and roasted for another couple of minutes. I added the veggies to a bed of spinach and finished it off with cheese, cashews, and a drizzle of bbq sauce that I had thinned out with some vinegar.

Someone had left a comment asking if I had any secrets for roasting eggplant and the truth is I don’t. I cut it, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, spray it with oil, and place it in the oven for said time – that’s it!

I have a new love for roasted radishes. I’m not the biggest fan of raw radishes, but cooking them completely changes the flavor! Once cooked they resemble a twist between baked red potatoes and licorice.

I am desperately trying to finish off this loaf of pumpkin nut bread before it goes bad which is why you have seen a slice with almost every meal lately. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve had a very productive Friday as far as work goes, so now it’s time to have some fun. I believe I owe Maddie a good walk at her favorite park. I think both of us could use a little sunshine. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 missyrayn April 23, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Wow I wish my friday was that productive. That’s what I get for working from home on fridays. Twitter and TV are too addicting.

I love the idea of roasting radishes. Must try this soon.

2 Evan Thomas April 23, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I like the days when I can work through lunch because they usually fly by! Happy friday. Productive and friday just don’t go together in my book ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Sarah April 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Good for you for having a great Friday! I wish mine had been that productive! I think I am going to try and roast eggplant this weekend, and I will try it your way, it sounds so simple, it must be good!

4 Marissa April 23, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Sounds like you have had a very productive Friday!

5 hundredtenpounds April 23, 2010 at 3:38 pm

My Friday is pretty slow moving so far! I’d love to play with a puppy in the park instead. ๐Ÿ˜‰

6 Beth April 23, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I’ve never thought to roast radishes before – interesting! I just got some yesterday at the farmer’s market so I’ll have to try!

7 jentrinque April 23, 2010 at 3:41 pm

How on earth has that pumpkin bread lasted as long as it has? Or maybe I’m thinking of a different loaf of bread from another time…who knows! I hope you and Derek are doing something fun this weekend! Is he going to San Fran with you?

8 EcoYogini April 23, 2010 at 3:43 pm

mmmm, that looks yummy!

I also make it a priority to stop for lunch- even leave my office to eat. ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 23, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Yay for the weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Freya @ Brit Chick Runs April 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Wow, I can’t imagine working through a meal..food is too important to me ๐Ÿ˜› NOTHING makes me miss a meal!
I agree with the above comment – how much pumpkin bread can you possibly have left?!

11 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 23, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Dog park! Great idea. I need to take advantage of the weather before it starts raining for a week straight.

12 runnerforever April 23, 2010 at 4:01 pm

It is so rare that I get so focused on work that I forget my snacks and it would be pretty hard to blast through a meal, but I have done it. Take some time for relaxing too!

13 amandapanda1981 April 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Wow sounds like you had great focus. Lunch looked delish like always. ๐Ÿ˜‰

14 Snowflakes and Sunshine April 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Are you allowed to choose when you work from home then? I’m jealous!

15 Matt April 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I love days like that ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Bridget April 23, 2010 at 4:30 pm

I freeze bread products all the time. Wrap it well in plastic wrap and put it in an airtight bag in the freezer. Then you can pull a slice out whenever the craving strikes – and no rushing through a loaf of bread ๐Ÿ™‚

17 Erin April 23, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Wow, breakfast REALLY held you over! That’s crazy — I never last that long!

18 Heather April 23, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Meghann, I read a ton of food blogs, and I gotta say, your creations are by far my favorite. My eating habits are nowhere near as healthy as yours, but seeing you develop and enjoy such unique concoctions has really inspired me to step it up in the kitchen. You may have a messy apartment, but your nutrition and excercise routines could not be any more organized or focused. So envious of that! Have a great weekend.

19 adrienmelaine April 23, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Is there a recipe for that bread? It looks so good!
Anyways- have a great weekend- you’ve inspired me to sign up for some 23km mountain hike “run”- I’m sure I won’t be thanking you on the day, but right now it seems like a good time- thanks!

20 Bec April 23, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I love roasted veggies, I hope you and your pup have a good walk and a great afternoon!

21 Katherine: What About Summer? April 23, 2010 at 7:59 pm

My friday was nonproductive and I’m not sorry for it! TGIF. can’t wait for more un-productivity coming up. Any good weekend/running plans coming up?
Katherine

22 lowandbhold April 23, 2010 at 8:44 pm

I love productive days like that! Makes for such a quick day.

23 Jenna April 23, 2010 at 8:45 pm

yumm those radishes sound interesting!

24 Jodie April 24, 2010 at 9:34 pm

That bread looks delicious.