Glee Made Me Do It

by Meghann on April 21, 2010

Mornin’

I 100% blame my addiction with Glee on my inability to jump out of bed this morning. I stayed up way past my bedtime watching last night’s recorded episode and then proceeded to dance around singing Madonna songs in my PJS.

I believe Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’ will be forever stuck in my head today. 🙂

Anyways… when the alarm went off this morning I was not very pleased. I did manage to make it to the gym and banged out an awesome speed session on the treadmill. But I was not what one would call ‘wide-eyed and bushy tailed’

• 0:00 – 4:59      6.0
  • 5:00 – 9:59      6.5
  • 10:00 – 12:00  8.3
  • 12:00 – 14:00  6.3
  • 14:00 – 16:00  8.3
  • 16:00 – 18:00  6.3
  • 18:00 – 20:00  8.5
  • 20:00 – 22:00  6.5
  • 22:00 – 26:00  8.5
  • 26:00 – 28:00  6.5
  • 28:00 – 29:00  9.0
  • 29:00 – 30:00  6.0
  • 30:00 – 40:00  3.5 (7% Inline while reading Runners World)

I was hoping to do some strength training, but my arms are pretty sore from yesterday’s hot yoga. Instead I ended with a deep stretch and core work.

Back at the office I dug into the breakfast I had prepped last night.

IMG_4993

Chobani with almond granola

IMG_5000

Pumpkin Nut Bread with Naturally Nutty Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter

IMG_5001

Cantaloupe

IMG_5003

I had a little nut butter left that made for good dipping with the cantaloupe

IMG_5006

IMG_5005

“I was beat incomplete
I’d been had, I was sad and blue
But you made me feel
Yeah, you made me feel
Shiny and new

Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time”

Dang it!

Let’s hope I don’t start to break out in song and dance in the office today! 😉

1 britchickruns April 21, 2010 at 9:30 am

OK, am I seriously missing out by not watching Glee!!?? It’s everywhere on the blogworld, the magazines, even the radio (over here at least!) – I think I need to sort it out.
Great gym workout! Have a good day 🙂

2 Jenny April 21, 2010 at 9:31 am

Haha I’m listening to express yourself right now!

3 megan April 21, 2010 at 9:38 am

I have never seen glee, but all the blogs are talking about it! Am i really missing out that much??

4 theprocessofhealing April 21, 2010 at 9:48 am

So I’m beginning to think that I’m one of the few people who hasn’t seen Glee, I’m not even sure what it is exactly?!

5 Molly April 21, 2010 at 10:08 am

ha to be honest I liked the first few episodes of glee- but i can safely say I am not a fanatic! Something about people breaking into song weirds me out (hence why I dont like musicals).

Glad you got quite a workout in despite your glee late-night 😉

xo-molly

6 biz319 April 21, 2010 at 10:09 am

I had to work late last night, so no Glee, Biggest Loser OR American Idol last night! Thank goodness for the DVR!

7 thedailyoatmeal April 21, 2010 at 10:21 am

Now I just want to go watch Moulin Rouge– my favorite scene is the one where the Duke does Like a Virgin 🙂

8 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 21, 2010 at 10:36 am

I couldn’t get up this morning to workout either. I blame my killer workout last night!

9 Anna April 21, 2010 at 10:37 am

Ahhh, Glee + Madonna is a powerful combination indeed!! 🙂 Have a good day!

10 dailygoods April 21, 2010 at 10:40 am

glee is taking over everyones lives again! AND I LOVE IT 🙂

11 Run Sarah April 21, 2010 at 10:41 am

Awesome killer speed workout! I love the well rounded breakfast, I cant wait until canteloupe is more available around here.

12 Beth April 21, 2010 at 10:53 am

hahah i get songs in my head a lot and sometimes find myself sharing them with the world by accident… 🙂

I LOVE the pomegranate Chobani!! so good!

13 jentrinque April 21, 2010 at 11:08 am

I keep hearing about Glee, but I normally watch Lost at that time. I clicked back and forth last night and really liked the parts I saw! Maybe next year, when Lost is done, I’ll get into it!

14 missyrayn April 21, 2010 at 11:53 am

If you do break out into song please be sure to record it for us 🙂

I have to catch up on Glee because I’m addicted to LOST.

15 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc April 21, 2010 at 11:53 am

I’ve never watched glee, but with all this hype I might have to start!!
Sara

16 Kelly April 21, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Um I own both volumes 1 and 2 of the Glee soundtrack and they are fantastic. Loved last nights episode!

17 Nicky April 21, 2010 at 12:29 pm

let’s just say i woke up feeling the exact same as you this morning for the EXACT same reason! I love musicals too and performed tons which is why I think I “get” Glee!! (as opposed to some non-musical people who don’t understand!) haha

18 lily @ Lily's Health Pad April 21, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Oh how I can’t wait for this season of Glee to come out on Netflix!

19 Madeline - Greens and Jeans April 21, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I actually squealed with delight on the treadmill this morning when I discovered that Pandora radio has songs from the new episode on the Glee channel already!

20 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 21, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I watched the first few episodes of Glee, but didn’t really get into it. That’s alright. I have a TON of other shows to keep me busy.

21 Matt April 21, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Great speed workout! I haven’t watched Glee yet, but everyone seems to be obsessed with it. I better watch it and see!

22 Erin April 21, 2010 at 1:30 pm

I stayed up too late last night watching Glee, too. Had to watch Biggest Loser first and then it was MADONNA time! 😀 Funny — there are only a couple of shows I watch regularly and two are on at the same time.

23 Eunice April 21, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Ok now I’m going to have Like a Virgin in my head all day haha

Dude, I wish I could run like that! One day.. 🙂

24 lowandbhold April 21, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I totally danced around in my pj’s during the entire episode. How can you not?

25 Courtney Can Eat April 21, 2010 at 2:03 pm

NICE speed work session. I like how you broke it down, I will have to give that a shot! 🙂 And how classy are we, finishing it off with a little commentary from Runner’s World? 😉

26 Cait (Cait's Plate) April 21, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I keep forgetting to try the cantaloupe/PB mixture. I trusted you with the oranges and PB and it was great!

I haven’t gotten into the Glee craze…I tried but it just didn’t do anything for me. Maybe I should give it another shot!

27 runnerforever April 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm

What type of almond granola do you buy? I have been looking for a good new granola.

28 Rachael April 21, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I LOVE GLEE!! I was literally dancing in my living room for the last song. I love musicals.. and this is like a musical EVERY week!! I love the scene where the three couples sing this song.. totally worth the sleep deprivation!