New Wraps

by Meghann on April 19, 2010

Don’t you just love Mondays that start out with 2 hour long meetings?!? Because that is exactly how my Monday started. πŸ™‚

• Good News – it was a very productive meeting, so we were able to get a lot accomplished and the time flew by.
  • Bad News – my bottom is sore from the 8+ hours of driving I did this weekend on top of my 15 miles bike ride yesterday making it very difficult to sit still for so long.

By the time the meeting let out I literally jumped out of my chair. Not because I wanted the meeting to end – we really were productive – but because my tush needed to walk around. πŸ™‚

My stomach was also grumbling for its mid-morning snack.

IMG_4838

A mix of nuts and dried fruit.

IMG_4839

I picked up some new tortillas at the store on Sunday that I thought would be fun to try today.

IMG_4841

Can you believe this huge wrap is only 90 calories? I should have snapped a photo of the ingredient list, but it really isn’t that bad.

IMG_4843

I thought the last of my Indian left overs from Saturday night would make the perfect wrap filling.

IMG_4845

With a little kale for some green

IMG_4847

Heated up on the george foreman.

IMG_4848

The wrap was gooey, messy, and absolutely delicious.

IMG_4857

Some cantaloupe with almond butter to round out the meal.

IMG_4853

The perfect lunch.

IMG_4859

Better start cracking on the giant task list that always results from a 2 hour meeting.  Gotta love Mondays. πŸ™‚

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 19, 2010 at 1:36 pm

That wrap looks super soft and malleable–the best! Ufff meetings are such bummers (literally and figuratively haha). Enjoy the rest of your day.

2 jentrinque April 19, 2010 at 1:37 pm

My Monday started out with me sitting in court for two hours (I’m not in trouble, I help people mediate cases instead of doing the court thing)! Does that count as starting Monday with a meeting?

Your leftovers look so good…great idea putting them in a wrap!

3 Christina April 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I love those wraps! I tried them once and can’t find them since πŸ™

4 Evan Thomas April 19, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Gotta love cantaloupe. I wish the dining hall would have more melons. At least they’ve moved to fair trade bananas

5 Jenny April 19, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Mmmmm Indian food is a fanastic way to make any monday better! Those wraps look delish!

6 britchickruns April 19, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I’d never thought of doing a wrap in a grill thing like that – sehr clever! Bad luck on the long meeting :s at least you’ll have a butt of steel now! Have a good afternoon πŸ™‚

7 runnerforever April 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm

So a george forman doubles for a panini press, now it is official that I need one!

8 snowflakesandsunshine.wordpress.com April 19, 2010 at 2:14 pm

I would never have thought to put Indian leftovers in a wrap, but it looks amazing!

9 Chloe April 19, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I totally understand that feeling – sometimes I just cannot sit still! Have a great day!

10 hundredtenpounds April 19, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I’m noticing that my recovery time is a lot faster now. I do however, get a sore butt from bike rides still!!

11 NYCRunnerGirl April 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I have been jealous of your Indian food for the last three days now!! That wrap looks awesome! I think I know what I’m having for dinner tonight… πŸ™‚

12 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 19, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I hate mondays, unless they happen to be a holiday.

13 Sarah for Real April 19, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I’d love to see the ingredients label on those wraps! Wrapped sandwiches are soooo easy but most of the actual wraps themselves aren’t so good for you. 90 calories is amazing!

14 thewhatkateateblog April 19, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Im such a wrap critic – but 90 calories aint bad! I may have to grab some of those.

15 Anna April 19, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Long meetings + sore butt = not fun morning. πŸ™‚

16 Lauren @Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful April 19, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I used to not really like the La tortilla Factory wraps, but they have really grown on me. I love how low in calories they are. It’s kind of unbelievable. Heated up on the grill is a perfect idea! MMMM

17 theprocessofhealing April 19, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Those wraps are the best!

18 Alison April 19, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I LOVE those wraps. High in protein and fiber and low in calories. You can’t go wrong with that.

19 Erin April 19, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I’ve never thought of using leftover Indian as a wrap filling — usually because I don’t have leftovers! πŸ˜‰

20 adrienmelaine April 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm

That wrap looks great- good find! Make sure to stretch while you’re sitting around- it’ll make a huge diff!

21 Sarah-Mae @ Eat, Run, Knit April 19, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I love wraps for some extra carbs throughout my day. ANYTHING is good on a grainy wrap, even if it’s only peanut butter ^_^

22 Debbie~ April 19, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Everything looks yummy!! I am from Florida too…where do you buy those wraps? I haven’t seen them at Publix:)

23 Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 19, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Those wraps do look good! Such a great lunch option πŸ™‚

24 Kelly April 19, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Ugh…sorry your Monday started out so rough!

25 Matt April 19, 2010 at 6:14 pm

My mom really likes those wraps! I will have to give them a try!

26 kamadavitta April 19, 2010 at 6:22 pm

You just reminded me to add wraps to my grocery list! Those look great! You always have the most interesting food combos…melon and almond butter are now on my list to try!

27 runningwithsass April 19, 2010 at 6:48 pm

sorry about the long meeting. Those are no fun.
I get so stiff in the car on long trips I get out and run around or do jumping jacks at rest stops!

28 yourkindofsalad April 19, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Having just stumbled in from Marathon Monday adventures I can say with confidence its the BEST day of the year in Boston. I laugh, I cry and I scream until I’m hoarse (its also a nice excuse to have beers on a Monday). It really is a magical day. Can’t wait for you to experience it for yourself (as a runner) – but even being a spectator rocks!

29 mel April 19, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I spent my Monday taking a four hour law school final…I feel you pain! Do those wraps not hurt your stomach? Those and the flat outs hurt me b/c of the added fake fiber! i can eat my weight in veggies and fruits no prob..but those kill me!

30 amandapanda1981 April 19, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Those seriously are my favorite wraps. I actually use the smaller ones that are only 50 calories. One of my favorite ways to use them is to make hummus pizzas. I smear hummus all over it and sliced cucumbers. Bake in the oven for about 10 mins at 350 (if that, just have to watch it). Delish!! Also put some crushed red peppers on top.

31 Emilyeatsclean April 19, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I would have been fidget central in that meeting!! Snacks are a requirement while sitting in meetings. I never think to put a wrap on the forman grill…great idea!!!

-emily

32 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc April 19, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Sometimes I love meetings because they break up the day but sitting for 2 hours in a meeting can be miserable!! Your lunch look delish!!
Sara

33 dianacheung April 20, 2010 at 7:46 am

those wraps were one of the first “healthy” items I bought when I decided to eat healthier…unfort the sight of them now make me gag cause i ate them SOOO MUCHHH