Maddie Wishes This Was Her Cereal

by Meghann on April 13, 2010

Good Morning!

Is there any better way to start your day than with a beautiful 6 mile run? I think not!

Especially when there is a nice cool breeze to run in. πŸ™‚

I’ve stated on here time and time again, but out of all the customized cereal and granola sites out there I believe [me] & goji is my favorite! I’ve reviewed customized cereals from their site time and time again and they never disappoint.

So, you can imagine how thrilled I was when I was asked to build another customized cereal from their company. I mean, who am I to say no to a great company that offers all-natural and organic ingredients AND donates a portion of their proceeds to charity?

IMG_4544

Introducing my newest mix Maddie Wishes This Was Her Cereal

IMG_4547

I love that [me] & goji now offers the option of uploading a photo to personalize your canister. You could probably have fun with this option for birthdays or various other occasions when a good laugh is needed. πŸ˜‰

IMG_4548

My mix contained artisanal cereal, ground cinnamon, shredded wheat, goji, mulberry, strawberry, apple, coconut, pistachio, and chia.

IMG_4550

And as the name suggested Maddie really does wish this was her cereal. Check out all those mix-ins!.

IMG_4556

IMG_4560

I had 1 cup of the customized cereal.

IMG_4558

And added 1/2 cup Cherrios, Plain Yogurt, Strawberries, and Naturally Nutty Toffee Peanut Butter to that.

IMG_4570

I was in cereal heaven!

IMG_4568

IMG_4563

Despite what the name suggests, I really am a big softie and always let Maddie lick the bowl cleans.

IMG_4579

She is one spoiled pup!

IMG_4575

Do you let your dogs clean your bowl when you’re done eating? Every morning I usually serve Maddie her breakfast in my cereal bowl so that she gets all the left over yogurt in the bowl. That girl loves her plain yogurt!

1 Jenny April 13, 2010 at 8:52 am

That is such a cute picture to wake up to!

2 britchickruns April 13, 2010 at 8:53 am

That company sounds ace. I wonder if they ship to the UK!?
If I had a dog I’d let it lick my plate πŸ˜› Our cats always lick out plates clean if we’ve eaten fish or something, they love it!!

3 Emily April 13, 2010 at 9:00 am

That would make a great gift with personalized pictures. Good choice with your mix-ins!

4 Anna April 13, 2010 at 9:01 am

Okay, that is officially too cute!!! I want cereal with my sweet fur babies’ faces on it too!

5 Diana April 13, 2010 at 9:05 am

Ahaha cute πŸ™‚ That cereal bowl looks yummy. I think the strawberries make all the difference for me!

6 Erin April 13, 2010 at 9:06 am

That bowl looks awesome — fresh fruit and yummy granola. I’ve been craving cereal every morning lately. It’s just not oatmeal weather anymore…

7 Britt @ Runnerbelle April 13, 2010 at 9:10 am

Love the picture on the cereal! I really need to order some of their cereal…. um, I see them at our local farmers markets and actually had them donate to a race I direct but I have yet to order my own….. I feel like such a slacker.

8 Mellissa April 13, 2010 at 9:12 am

My dog is obsesses with Greek yogurt, when he hears the lid being torn off he comes sprinting into the kitchen and stares at you until you give him a spoonful which he proceeds to get all over his face.

9 Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 13, 2010 at 9:21 am

That is too cute πŸ™‚

10 Christina April 13, 2010 at 9:22 am

Aww I’m sure she loves the Greek yogurt, and it’s good for her too! I don’t have a puppy yet but when I do I’ll be making her all sorts of yummy treats πŸ™‚

11 Meg April 13, 2010 at 9:27 am

That is the most adorable idea for cereal EVER πŸ˜€

12 Jamie in Arkansas April 13, 2010 at 9:41 am

How many calories in your me & goji? Just curious how it compares to other granolas!

13 Meghann April 13, 2010 at 9:43 am

It’s a cereal, not a granola and my mix has 133 calories per 3/4 cup serving.

14 theprocessofhealing April 13, 2010 at 9:44 am

That cereal sounds sooooo good!!!

15 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 13, 2010 at 9:45 am

My dog always licks the bowl clean! I love the pic on the side of the cereal container!

16 Stephanie @ See Stephanie Run April 13, 2010 at 9:51 am

I always let my dog lick the bowl, same fettish, she LOVES plain yogurt and Peanut Butter!!!

17 Jacquie April 13, 2010 at 9:54 am

That cereal looks so good. I’ve seen them, but haven’t tried yet because of the cost, but hopefully soon!

And yes, my family lets my puppies lick from finished bowls, especially scrambled eggs. They love those and ice cream- haha!

18 Marina April 13, 2010 at 9:55 am

aw, so cute!
That mix sounds awesome! I let my cat clean my yogurt canisters, but usually not my plates πŸ™‚

19 Jenna April 13, 2010 at 9:57 am

Breakfast looks super good πŸ™‚

20 LindsayH April 13, 2010 at 10:00 am

My dog is so spoiled…when I’m eating she gets morsels and frequently gets to lick the dish, as long as it’s something that is safe for dogs. She loves veggies, especially carrots, so I like to share with her.

21 Retta @ RunRettaRun April 13, 2010 at 10:03 am

Adorable! We used to let our doggies clean our bowls and have some table scraps but they have allergies so their diet is pretty strict. πŸ™

22 allijag April 13, 2010 at 10:07 am

OMG yes, I let the dogs eat whatever the want, and they always get the leftovers from my bowl! Today I’m going to post pictures of them getting the leftover of a watermelon bowl πŸ˜‰

23 Kara M. April 13, 2010 at 10:11 am

That cereal looks yummy! I definitely have try to me & goji sometime!

Isn’t fun to spoil your dog? πŸ™‚

24 Kara M. April 13, 2010 at 10:11 am

Oops I meant Isn’t it fun to spoil your dog? πŸ˜‰

25 runnerforever April 13, 2010 at 10:13 am

I know custom cereal is expensive, but from the looks of yours it might be worth it!

26 Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 13, 2010 at 10:16 am

oh she IS spoiled!

27 Kelly April 13, 2010 at 10:26 am

Aww that’s so cute. If I had a dog I would. My cat comes running everytime I get the can opener out though because she wants tuna fish juice.

28 Sarah April 13, 2010 at 10:27 am

Awwwwe… so cute! I’m totally going to get some of that customized mix for gifts, great idea with the picture on it.

My JRT always gets to inspect us for crumbs after we are done eating. She makes for a great vacuum!

29 granintraining April 13, 2010 at 10:28 am

THIS IS SO AMAZING!!! I am going to see if they will ship to Canada! Goji are a bunch of smartie pants. Love your blog by the way!!!

30 Angela@MissChubbyHubby.com April 13, 2010 at 10:37 am

Wow that cereal looks seriously delicious. I love pistachios but I never seem to have them on hand.

When my golden was still with us, we always let him finish our meals, but only out of his bowl. I think its perfectly fine to let your pup eat your food, just as long as she’s not eating at the table πŸ˜‰

31 abbynormally April 13, 2010 at 10:40 am

I had planned a 6 mile run for this morning at 6:30.. but I slept through my alarm!!! I’m regretting it!

I don’t let my dog lck bowls because I’m afraid that he’ll sart licking ones that aren’t empty or start lcking a guest’s… I am definitely a dog person, but I know some people aren’t and wouldn’t appreciate my 85 pound dog hovering over them waiting to be handed a dish. But little doggies like Maggie aren’t as obtrusive!

32 Exa April 13, 2010 at 10:43 am

I don’t let my dogs lick my plates, but one of them is 120 pounds and as tall as my dining table, so he usually gets a lick because of his size and persistence. I do feed them carrots, apples, yogurt, PB, AB, and popcorn and they love it. They always come running into the kitchen when I’m prepping my lunch because they know they’ll get some carrot sticks or apple slices!

33 Brie (The Fit Bride) April 13, 2010 at 10:44 am

I don’t let the dog lick the bowl, but my fiance gives the cat a spoonful of cereal milk every morning. She’s gotten REALLY spoiled, and will sit on his lap while he eats breakfast. If he’s not eating fast enough, she sticks out one paw and starts swiping at the bowl. One morning, she actually flipped the bowl out of his hands and he was covered head-to-toe in Cheerios and milk!

34 skinnyrunner April 13, 2010 at 10:46 am

haha love the cereal name and pic.
i dont feed our dog food but my husband does. no wonder she begs…

35 Jai April 13, 2010 at 11:01 am

I think thats pretty unsanitary…….Nasty is more like it!!! She needs her own bowl and should be eating from her own bowl only!!!

36 Meghann April 13, 2010 at 11:43 am

If you think that is unsanitary then I am sure you don’t have a puppy. Pretty much everything about them is unsanitary, but you stop caring and love them anyways. besides I let her lick the bowl once I’m done and then it goes in the sink to be washed. I will just keep the times that she’s gotten to my plate and I’ve eated it anyways under wraps.

37 Jai April 13, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I am surprised you are so offended so easily…….I like your blog and you seem like a nice person……..however it is what it is….just Nasty!!! Oh well you may be immune to it by now…….

38 Meghann April 13, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I’m not offended, I was just standing up for myself. πŸ™‚

39 Jen April 13, 2010 at 11:10 am

I made this soup the other night as well and thought it was so bland!!! I actually preferred it the next day for lunch!

40 emeraldelegance0702 April 13, 2010 at 11:12 am

I have oatmeal every morning for breakfast, & I ALWAYS let my 4yr old chihuahua, Lola, lick the bowl clean for me! Cool cereal!!

41 Nicci@NiftyEats April 13, 2010 at 11:30 am

I’ll have to remember that as a gift for someone. I do let my pup lick the bowl too. lol She’s always waiting around for me to finish eating.

42 runningaroundnormal April 13, 2010 at 11:43 am

That cereal looks AWESOME! Great mixins, too:)
But I don’t go to letting my dog lick the bowl. Kinda *skeeves* me out πŸ˜‰

43 Amanda at http://platosplate.blogspot.com/ April 13, 2010 at 11:44 am

Meghan! Dogs aren’t supposed to eat dairy products. I REALLY wouldn’t let her lick your oatmeal/ yogurt bowls. I know how much I love my dog, and I would be heart broken if he got sick or worse because I fed him something he shouldn’t have.

See this list of things that dogs should not eat:

I know it’s hard, dogs have such cute little faces and you just want to spoil them, but be careful not to make them sick! πŸ™‚

44 Meghann April 13, 2010 at 11:53 am

Actually yogurt is really good for dog’s digestion systems and my vet highly reccomends plain yogurt for Maddie.

45 Amanda at http://platosplate.blogspot.com/ April 13, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Wow, Meghann! I stand totally corrected (and I spelled your name incorrectly, too!). Thank you. I might have to share my bowls with my dog too. I am sorry…I was just trying to help protect your adorable pooch. I actually cried when I read about your sweet little Abbie passing away. I just love dogs so much! Thank you for sharing this information with me. And thank you for your blog. You glow with optimism and I really appreciate your suggestions, advice, recipes, etc.

46 Meghann April 13, 2010 at 6:00 pm

No worries! πŸ™‚

47 Katharine April 13, 2010 at 11:56 am

Love the new photo option! It would definitely make an awesome gift – I might just go have to make one! πŸ™‚

48 hundredtenpounds April 13, 2010 at 11:56 am

That cereal looks delish!!

49 biz319 April 13, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Yep, I admit our dog is spoiled too – he gets to lick not one, but THREE dinner plates each night – we each leave a bit for him to lick up.

50 Cellabella April 13, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Yay! I’m so glad I’m not the only one, I ALWAYS let my little dog lick/clean my bowl after I have yogurt. They say a spoonful of plain yogurt is good for their tummies so I always figured there was no harm in it πŸ™‚ Oh yeah, and the peanut butter spoon, the applesauce spoon, some mango, some watermelon…..eek!

51 Caroline April 13, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Yogurt gives dogs the same bacterial benefits it gives people! Good habit πŸ™‚

52 missyrayn April 13, 2010 at 12:49 pm

We don’t let our dogs lick our stuff because one has a super sensitive stomach and most makes him sick. But I do sneak them pieces of chicken when I shred it πŸ™‚

53 Courtney @ Pancakes & Postcards April 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I spend my entire breakfast time yelling at my cat and dog for not begging for my milk… and then let them lick the bowl at the end anyway. Maybe I am reinforcing their bad behavior… can’t help it though!!!

54 kalli@fitandfortysomething April 13, 2010 at 1:07 pm

oh i love this…..and yes there is no better way to start the day πŸ™‚ thank you for the last maddie post too…..i love seeing her!

55 britishbride April 13, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Adorable! I love a morning run too – you always feel so alive. Sadly for me they are constrained to the weekends as I work as a lawyer full time.
How do u combine work with exercise? Thanks

julia

56 thehealthyjunky April 13, 2010 at 1:45 pm

My dogs alway lick my plates and bowls after I am done eating! Love them to death!

57 Becca April 13, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Aw man, how funny is that, that you ALSO let your adorable dog lick out your bowl! Ha ha Now I don’t have to feel like the guilty loner who does that.
It’s just that…he is so cute. I don’t feed him what I’m eating; I just give him the “tastes” left in the bowl once the food is gone. That can’t be so bad, right?

58 Jo April 13, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Your dog licks himself you-know-where, and still has the bacteria left on his tongue, that has the possibility of not getting washed away in the sink. I don’t think it’s a great idea for my dog to lick off a bowl that isn’t his. I wouldn’t want him getting used to the idea when visiting other people’s homes, etc. Plus the idea of fecal matter is enough to NOT let your dog lick off human plates/bowls.

59 Meghann April 13, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Maddie is a girl πŸ™‚

60 Carly @ carlysharec.com April 13, 2010 at 6:36 pm

My first thought was “Eww, gross!” but I let Bowser eat off of my plate. Plus, I’ve been known to have one end of a pretzel stick in my mouth and let him grab the other end. People who are cringing need to realize that you have fecal content in your kitchen from the humans, let alone the animals!!! There’s bacteria and poop and pee everywhere, no matter how often you scrub your hands. I’d rather get some germs from my dog than from most people, anyway. πŸ˜‰

I know you’ve gone over this before, but do you mind sharing your morning routine? What time do you wake up? Do you eat as soon as you get out of bed, and then run, then breakfast? Or do you hold off on eating? I’m NOT a morning person, but with my new job I don’t need to be in the office until 11, so I’d like to start using my mornings to work out + freelance. Any tips?

61 Meghann April 13, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Here is the post for my morning routine http://graduatemeghann.com/2009/05/05/my-morning-routine/

It hasn’t changed much in the last year, πŸ™‚

62 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat April 13, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Hi Meghann!
I just came across your blog and i LOVE it!! And you have me TOTALLY interested in (me)&goji now! Do you have any idea if they ship to Canada?

63 Rachel April 13, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Too cute! My beagle always gets to lick my empty yogurt containers. She has also been know to get the ice cream bowls πŸ™‚

64 maria April 14, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Sorry Meghann, but I’ve never been a fan of letting my dog eat off our plates. Haha. πŸ™‚

I love the idea of customized cereal, too bad it can get expensive.

65 Jes April 17, 2010 at 8:40 pm

That is so cool! The cereal looks delicious, and your pup is soooo cute!