Tedious First, Fun Later

by Meghann on April 2, 2010

Just a few more hours until I’m hitting the road for middle-of-nowhere Florida! My car is packed with everything I could possibly need for tonight and tomorrow, so all I have to do is jump in the car and head out when the end of work whistle blows. Yay!

My morning was full of tedious last minute tasks before our user group conference next week. Tedious tasks may be tedious, but at least they make the morning fly by. :)

Around 10:00 I broke out an AppleBerry Bran Vita-Top to snack on this morning.

IMG_3216

This was my first time trying the AppleBerry Bran flavor and I have to say with a slather of Naturally Nutty Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter it was pretty freakin’ awesome. :)

IMG_3217

I was actually quite proud of how lunch came out today. :)

IMG_3223

I went home without a clue of what to make. It was one of those classic situations where I stood in front of my fridge and started randomly pulling what looked good out.

I ended up with one tasty tofu sandwich.

IMG_3229

Inside the Flat Out I had baked tofu, tomato, cheese, kale, and bbq sauce.

IMG_3231

Each bite was better than the last. :)

IMG_3227

One the side I had the last of some cantaloupe

IMG_3230

And a pickle.

IMG_3233

Got to get back to the tedious work, so I can leave for the FUN stuff later.

Adios!

1 britchickruns April 2, 2010 at 2:03 pm

That Flat Out thing looks so cool! Way more fun than bread :P
And those Vita Tops – I saw the website once and I’m dying to try one! I can’t wait to visit the US again so I can :)
Have a good trip to the race!

2 Jenny April 2, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Have fun later!! Your random lunch looks delicious:)

3 Erica April 2, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Hey girl! I haven’t tried that flavor vita yet, but it sounds yummy. Great lunch too. I love the sandwich flat outs. Again- good luck this weekend and have fun.

4 Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine April 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm

mm that vitatop sounds yummy! what’s your favorite flavor?? I keep waiting and waiting for them to go on sale at the store I do groceries at, but it’s been a year and no luck! :(

So, I’m going to break down and buy a box- do you think chocolate would be my best bet?

5 theprocessofhealing April 2, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I have never tried that flavor of VitaTops but it sounds great!!!
Your wrap looks delicious!!! I need some more tofu in my life.

6 Sarah April 2, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Good luck on the 50K, i’m sure you’ll do awesome! I was salivating at your canteloupe…looked so delicious!
And i’m counting the seconds until that new oikos his my supermarket shelves!

7 jentrinque April 2, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I can’t believe you’re running a 50k this weekend! Can’t wait to hear the recap. Have a great time.

8 Diana April 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm

That tofu sandwich looks pretty good! I’ve been thinking about buying tofu. I usually go with seitan, but I kinda miss tofu. :)

9 fitandfortysomething April 2, 2010 at 5:44 pm

i have not had vita muffins in forever-maybe i should buys some the next time i am at whole foods…..you sammy looks delish and have a safe drive!

10 Nica April 2, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I’m assuming you are doing the “50K I’m Not A Fool Run” for Crooms….Good luck with the race. It’s actually right around the corner for me…I’m hoping to do it one day.

Nica

11 Megan April 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Don’t you love those FlatOuts?! They’re my new favorite wrap/sandwich/eat all the time food. : ) Good luck on your 50K!

12 Devon April 2, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Good luck at your first 50k tomorrow. Better fuel up well tonight you are going to need the energy tomorrow! Have fun out there!

13 Evan Thomas April 2, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Seeing melon on caitlin’s blog and now yours is making me have melon on the brain

14 caronae April 2, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Tedious tasks SO make the morning fly by! I had the most random fact-checking job this morning and before I even knew it, it was lunchtime :)
You’re gonna be so awesome in the ultra girl! Get it.

15 biz319 April 2, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Have a safe drive Meghann!!

16 foodlovingpolarbear April 3, 2010 at 8:56 am

Cantaloupe is so good with pickle, or anything salty :)