We’re Eloping!

by Meghann on April 1, 2010

Happy first day of April!!

IMG_3162

I guess now is as good of time as any to announce mine and Derek’s plans to elope in New Orleans next week. We plan to get hitched down on the bayou and celebrate with hurricanes and beignets. 😉

April Fools!! 🙂

Don’t worry Mom – I promise to never, ever elope without you there. Ditto to you Sis.

On a another note check out Starbucks’ announcement of new beverage sizes and have you heard Google changed their name to Topeka? 😉

Looks like April is going to be another busy month for me. This weekend I have the 50k and Easter, next weekend I really will be in New Orleans, Maddie turns 1, and the last weekend I’ll be in San Francisco! Don’t even get me started on how May is shaping up!

Luckily I found the time to at least relax a little this morning. I grabbed a new magazine that arrived in my mailbox yesterday and hit the treadmill at my apartment gym for a nice walk. I did 30 minutes of walking at 3.0 with an incline of 6.0 and managed to get a good chunk of the magazine read.

Does anyone else skip the ‘beauty’ sections of magazines? I always skip right over the parts that explain how to do hair certain ways or the make up tips. It’s all greek to me.

After my walk I had some pumpkin overnight oats waiting for me in the fridge.

IMG_3146

I had just the right amount of yogurt left in my yogurt container, so instead of dirtying a bowl I simply made ‘overnight oats in a yogurt container’.’ Catchy, right?

IMG_3149

• Plain Yogurt
  • Almond Milk
  • Pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup multigrain hot cereal
  • dried cranberries
  • one generous scoop of Naturally Nutty’s Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter

IMG_3151

Topped with

• 1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal
  • One Lucky Duck Cocoa Crispies
  • Strawberries

IMG_3158

I was worried the pumpkin oats wouldn’t blend well with the strawberries, but the two components surprisingly worked well together.

IMG_3160

Nom Nom Nom

Are there any other good April’s Fools pranks I haven’t stumbled upon yet?!? Let me know!

1 meg c. April 1, 2010 at 8:28 am

this is a great april fool’s prank. the entire thing is made up!

2 Beth April 1, 2010 at 8:29 am

I have overnight oats too but used the last of my pumpkin yesterday.. sad!! I am so gullible I’m curious what pranks will be played/ I will fall for today.

3 britchickruns April 1, 2010 at 8:31 am

I always skip the beauty parts! Phew, I thought I was the only woman who did, it’s nice to know there are others out there!!!
The only prank I’ve heard of so far was someone on the radio foiling the entire studio for the next presenter….very odd.!

4 Derek April 1, 2010 at 8:34 am

So I hit refresh this morning, read the title, and the following is what went through my head…

What? Who is “we’re”? Wait…what is today? Oh, april fools day….nice.

5 Jenna April 1, 2010 at 8:36 am

OO look delish!!

6 Erica April 1, 2010 at 8:36 am

haha 🙂 Great breakfast (as always)- you make the best looking combos. Parfait- type breakfasts are my fav. Good luck this weekend! You make me want to run another race but I just don’t have time with all my group fitness teaching! Happy Easter (early)

7 Jessica April 1, 2010 at 8:48 am

I skim through the beauty parts because the advice is never appropriate for Asian girls like me!

8 Jenna April 1, 2010 at 8:56 am

I almost forgot it was April Fools day! Yours was a good one. 🙂

I tend to skip over the beauty sections as well, I never can make things look the way they do, anyway! I guess its a talent I didn’t get.

9 Jenny April 1, 2010 at 8:58 am

I read the beauty section, but as an outsider- I always stick to the same products anyways!

10 fitandfortysomething April 1, 2010 at 9:03 am

you got me!
i love it!
i was hoping it was true!
love your calendar in the back by the way-cute pics 🙂

11 runningwithsass April 1, 2010 at 9:06 am

I very rarely ready hair or makeup sections of magazines. they are just trying to get you to buy their makeup, and the hair stuff never works for me so i just skip it!

you will be in NOLA, my hometown!!

12 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self April 1, 2010 at 9:26 am

This is exactly right – the beauty sections are mostly about the products, which I know I’m never going to buy anyway!

13 dianacheung April 1, 2010 at 9:10 am

HILARIOUS starbucks link! Although I secretly wish I could get that big of a mug

14 Anna April 1, 2010 at 9:22 am

I skip the beauty sections too…I always just do my hair and makeup in the same way, so I never really think about using their tips for lavender eye shadow, or whatever 🙂

15 Anne P April 1, 2010 at 9:23 am

I totally skip the beauty sections. Boooooring! Haha. I usually skip the fashion stuff, too.

16 Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 1, 2010 at 9:26 am

Sounds like you have a fun month coming up! Um I definitely skip the beauty sections- you could easily tell from looking at me & my lack of style hahaa

17 Leah April 1, 2010 at 9:27 am

That Starbucks one is AWESOME.

18 Whitney @ Lettuce Love April 1, 2010 at 9:28 am

I hate the beauty sections of magazines and also skip those pages. My sister loves them, she says she learns new makeup techniques.

Great prank!

19 Amy @ Second City Randomness April 1, 2010 at 9:28 am

I rarely read the beauty section… sadly, my makeup routine and such has been pretty much the same for the last 5 years with a little variation here and there… I’m definitely not an artist! :p

20 midgetkeeper April 1, 2010 at 9:30 am

Love your April fools prank, haha!

21 Katie April 1, 2010 at 9:34 am

I always read the beauty section of magazines, but I can’t say that I actually use the tips & techniques.

22 Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 1, 2010 at 9:37 am

That was a good one! I’m totally with you on skipping the beauty parts, my hairstyle is pretty much ponytail only 😉

23 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale April 1, 2010 at 9:37 am

I am entirely with you on the beauty section thing! Whenever I buy a magazine and later find out that there’s 20 pages devoted to new makeup products or something, I’m so disappointed! I just don’t care… there are so many other things in the world I’d rather spend my money on than expensive makeup! Maybelline will do!

24 Can You Stay for Dinner April 1, 2010 at 9:39 am

Yum Yum Yum! Love the overnight oats!

25 Kim April 1, 2010 at 9:41 am

I always skip the beauty parts, too, or at least just skim them. Unless you have a hair stylist, the chances of your hair coming out like the model’s are slim to none. And if you add in my thin hair, it’s definitely not happening!

26 Michele April 1, 2010 at 9:41 am

Great April Fools — My brother went into work early and put little post it notes over the eye on the bottom of everyone’s computer mouse so it won’t work when they come in. So funny!

27 Matt April 1, 2010 at 9:42 am

Wow that is a busy month! I bet you are super pumped for that 50k!

28 fromatopink April 1, 2010 at 9:51 am

Haha love your April Fools prank. 😉 And I ADORE that Stonyfield packaging! I can’t wait until the yogurt hits stores near me – it looks SO GOOD.

29 Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 1, 2010 at 9:55 am

Wow so I totally believed you and didn’t even realize the date today . . . hahaha

I can’t put that on my blog or my mom would freak too – the only thing is that there’s a strong chance that me and my bf would elope so double not as funny for me!

I actually go STRAIGHT to the beauty section. Probably because I work in the business . . . the clothes – now THAT confused me. I have no fashion.

30 epicourtusf April 1, 2010 at 9:56 am

It’s so awesome that you are running a 50k! I am running my first 5k in April and I hope that eventually I will be able to do a 50k! 2q

31 epicourtusf April 1, 2010 at 9:56 am

Sorry about the 2q. My dogs are wrestling and jumped on my keyboard!

32 Kelly April 1, 2010 at 10:13 am

Loved both the Starbucks and April Fools day pranks, too funny. I think you and Derek should get married in New Orleans for real 😉

33 Estela @ Weekly Bite April 1, 2010 at 10:23 am

I’m loving all the April Fools jokes today 🙂

34 darkchocolatekisses April 1, 2010 at 10:28 am

MAN! I keep falling for this april fools jokes! I didn’t even realize it was april fools until I read your post. LOL Hope you have a fab day <3
-Katey

35 skinnyrunner April 1, 2010 at 10:38 am

ok i must be the only loser who doesnt do april fools…

36 theprocessofhealing April 1, 2010 at 10:47 am

I make OIAC all the time!!! Yum!!!
I tend to stay away from things on April fools.. i’m too gullible!

37 Kate April 1, 2010 at 11:06 am

Cute post! I met my boyfriend of 5 years at an April Fool’s Day party in 2005 and people seriously do not believe that we have been dating this long…they all think it’s some kind of joke 😉

38 Sarah April 1, 2010 at 11:06 am

A friend of mine has a dad who is a real jokester. Two of my favorites are when he removed all the door knobs in their house, and one when he removed all the toilet seats, lol.

39 Biz April 1, 2010 at 11:12 am

Ha! I got married with just my daughter, my husband son, and our parents – we didn’t want it any bigger than that.

It’s almost 10 years later and my sister still gives me shit about her not being at my wedding!

Happy April Fools! 😀

40 Meghann April 1, 2010 at 11:16 am

My aunt (my mom’s twin sister) eloped without my Mom present and 20+ years and one divorce later (my aunt’s) my Mom still gives my aunt shit too. I think I would be bad if I my sister eloped without me too.

41 feetinmotion April 1, 2010 at 11:15 am

How funny. I definitely saw google and had to laugh!

42 missyrayn April 1, 2010 at 11:18 am

I love making overnight oats in the yogurt container.

I’m not big into April Fools jokes. I almost ran a race this morning but decided to sleep in.

43 Heather April 1, 2010 at 11:21 am

I had overnight oats yesterday for breakfast!

I also skip the beauty section of magazines – it doesn’t interest me as much!

44 hundredtenpounds April 1, 2010 at 11:44 am

What’s wrong with eloping?! VEGAS!!!! 🙂

45 Lorin April 1, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I really don’t get the plenta cup for starbucks, that thing is huge! I feel like this is just adding to our portion distortion in today’s society. I mean 125 fl oz of coffee? Maybe it’s just me, but that seems too much for one person.

46 Tay April 1, 2010 at 1:51 pm

My friend actually did tell me that Starbucks was going to have a new beverage size. I think like 38-30 oz or something like that? He told me last week, but not sure how true it is!

47 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 1, 2010 at 1:56 pm

I didn’t believe Caitlin’s for a second. Any other day and I might have fallen for yours! 😉 I ran a “Fools Rush in 5K” at lunch time today and I was worried they would say. “Just kidding, it’s a 10K…keep running.” 😆

48 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) April 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I skip those sections as well! And I can’t even look at Glamour or mags like that because I’m not fashion savvy either, haha.

I’ve managed to avoid most of the April Fool’s stuff so far 😉

49 Kelly April 1, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Ah…I wished we had eloped! haha!! Oh well…4 years later I guess the wedding wasn’t so bad! 🙂

50 madisonruns April 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm

That looks oh-so-tasty!

Oh, and have you seen the new boston qualifying standards?

I wept a little when I read them. 🙁

51 madisonruns April 1, 2010 at 2:37 pm

April fools… 🙂

52 Meghann April 1, 2010 at 3:00 pm

haha that wasn’t very nice!

53 Erin April 1, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I totally forgot about April Fools until I read everyone’s Twitter feeds this AM. Guess it’s not a big thing in NZ…?

54 Rachel April 1, 2010 at 6:57 pm

I totally fell for the April fools joke. I was thinking WHAT! Hahaha…

I am glad I am not the only one who skips right over the beauty pages. I think they are so dull and I don’t understand at all. I also skip the clothes. I am not a girly-girl at all.