Small Plates at The Cheesecake Factory

by Meghann on April 1, 2010

Woo Hoo!! Spring Break!!

Well.. not for me. πŸ™ But, it is spring break for all the local schools in the area -sooooo jealous! – and since we have so much work preparing for the upcoming user group conference at work, my supervisor brought her spring break lovin’ daughter to work today.

IMG_3178

How adorable is she?!?!

Carly has been a big help organizing papers and stuffing packets for us – She is truly a lifesaver!

I wasn’t planning on going out for lunch today, but when Carly asked if I wanted to join her and her Mom at The Cheesecake Factory I knew I couldn’t say no. I mean, how could I pass up a chance to get to know the amazing 13 year old that my supervisor speaks so highly of? I was flattered that she even asked! πŸ™‚

Even though The Cheesecake Factory is right down the street from our office, it’s a rare treat.

I started with their highly addictive unsweetened Passion Fruit Iced Tea.

IMG_3168

One piece of warm bread from the bread basket.

IMG_3169

My supervisor ordered the guacamole for the table to share.

IMG_3171

I had a bout 4 chips dipped in guacamole.

IMG_3172

We barely made a dent in the green blob. Luckily I was able to take the leftovers home for future enjoyment. πŸ™‚

Anyone who has been to The Cheesecake Factory knows their menu could be a bit overwelming. Luckily for me I never made it pas the first page.

IMG_3167

I’m not sure if the small plates portion of the menu is or not, but it’s not a page I remember seeing in the past. The page has a lot of great options and each dish comes in around $5.00 a piece!

For my meal I selected two small plates to enjoy.

IMG_3177

The Beets, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Salad – amazing! πŸ™‚

IMG_3176

The Pear, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Pizzette – equally as amazing. πŸ™‚

IMG_3173

All together this was a great lunch! I left feeling full, but not uncomfortably stuffed. Plus, I had great company to enjoy the meal out with.

Earlier in the morning I snacked on the last of my sample bag of trail mix from nutsonline.com.

IMG_3165

When I got back to the office I was very excited to share one of my new Caramel Oikos with Carly. Unfortunately when I grabbed my box from the office fridge I noticed something was missing – someone had ate the other caramel oikos!!! I was so bummed – not only because someone had taken something that wasn’t theirs, but because I wanted to share the Oikos with Carly as a thank you for all her help today. πŸ™

Some people can be so rude!

Have you ever had anything stolen from the office fridge? Were you tempted to send out a company wide e-mail – like I was – condemning the thief?

1 healthyappletite April 1, 2010 at 3:10 pm

how rude of someone to take something of yours! grr, that winds me up so much! πŸ™

2 caitlin April 1, 2010 at 3:11 pm

THIEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

3 Evan Thomas April 1, 2010 at 3:13 pm

That’s awful! I only worked in an office for a short time, but I’m glad the people wouldn’t do something like that

4 Corie April 1, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I have had my yogurt taken out of my fridge at work too! I did want to send out an email and be like wtf – it wasn’t yours!!! but since I work in a small office (about 10 employees) I didn’t. I was seriously mad though!

5 megzzwinsatlife April 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm

ughh some co-workers are soo mean!!! Glad to see you had fun!

6 britchickruns April 1, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Oh my gosh, I know how you must’ve felt! My roomate used to sneak into my room when I wasn’t there and steal my fancy chocolate πŸ™ SO angry! She also once ate a whole bag of unopended Dr Karg crackers, and left the empty wrapper and a load of crumbs on my desk….fury doesn’t cover it!
Haha I thought The Cheesecake Factory just did cheesecake πŸ˜› shows how much I kow!

7 Sarah April 1, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Ack! I hate that. And it’s brand new flavor right? So it’s not like they “thought” it was theirs instead.

My office only has 10 people so no one is brave enough to swipe goodies, haha. They’d most certainly be found out!

8 runeatrepeat April 1, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Yeah people used to do that all the time at my old office. It was dramatic and someone finally put up a very mean sign on the fridge. I dunno if the sign worked though…

9 Christina April 1, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I can’t believe someone stole your yogurt!!! As Stephanie Tanner would say, ‘How rude!’

10 Shayla April 1, 2010 at 3:34 pm

Yes! I’ve had my Fage greek yogurt stolen – I was so bummed and upset! Not only are those yogurts expensive, but that’s a yummy treat that I really look forward to as a snack/dessert! Like you, I was so tempted to send a mass email out but chickened out and didn’t! πŸ™‚

Glad to see you had a great lunch though! I’ll have to try those small plates – looks super yummy!

11 Jenny April 1, 2010 at 3:35 pm

That’s never happenedto me at work, but my roommate used to steal my food! It took a while, but I eventually called her out on it!

12 runningtotheaisle April 1, 2010 at 3:40 pm

It hasn’t happened in my office yet, but when I lived in the sorority house it happened EVERY weekend. Girls would come back a bit intoxicated Thurs-Sat evenings and munch on things that didn’t have their names written on it. So frustrating, especially since it was at our ‘home”

13 epicourtusf April 1, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I will be interning in a small office this summer. I hope no one steals my food! I hope the culprit doesn’t make a habit out of it!

14 Hallie April 1, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Hasn’t happened to me, but a coworker got leftover pizza stolen. She was not pleased. I mean, who DOES that?

15 Sarah April 1, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Yes!! The lunch theft problem got so bad at my office I actually got an insulated lunch bag with a big ice pack and keep my lunch in that at my desk. Your boss’ daughter is too cute, and helpful! I’m definitely going to have to check out the small plates now!

16 Liz @ lizrunsdc April 1, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I can’t believe someone would do that! I’ve never experienced that myself but I’ve heard stories.

17 Jamie in Arkansas April 1, 2010 at 4:05 pm

It hasn’t happened to me yet, but to prevent it, I bring my lunch in a zipped lunch bag and it seems to work. No one better even dare to unzip and steal from me! How rude. I would def send an email. Or maybe someone spotted the thief and would tip you off. In our office, anything on the counter top is fair game, but if it’s in the fridge and labeled and/or sealed up – it’s HANDS OFF!!!!

18 Erica April 1, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Seriously, who steals other peoples food? Thats SO wrong! Great lunchy! I want to try that salad. Enjoy your Thursday Meghann!

19 theprocessofhealing April 1, 2010 at 4:09 pm

That really stinks about the Oikos.. someone is majorly rude!!!
Your lunch looks good though!

20 Becky April 1, 2010 at 4:15 pm

What a bummer!!! Was it possible they thought it was an office treat? At the co-op I used to live in, we labeled things NGC (not for general consumption) and put our names on them if we didn’t want people to eat them. But employees should probably know better than to take something that isn’t specifically left out or marked as group food!!

21 Andrea of Care to Eat April 1, 2010 at 4:21 pm

An Agent in my office bought a Honeybaked ham to give to one of her clients who just had surgery – when she went to get it at the end of the day, someone in our office had eaten a big ‘ol piece from it! They had to unwrap the foil and everything to get to it. That is brazen.

22 Carrie @ I See Monsters April 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm

People really suck. I am so sorry. I bring my lunch in an insulated bag with an ice pack because I am so worried someone would steal my expensive food and it would make me furious!

Probably a good idea you didn’t send a company-wide e-mail, though, as it might end up on http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com. πŸ˜‰

23 Anna April 1, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Grrrrr…I used to HATE that at my old work!!!

I love the idea of small plates at Cheesecake Factory– that menu is SO freakin’ big! And so are their portions, lol.

24 BethT April 1, 2010 at 4:29 pm

That has happened to me in the past, and I HAVE sent out an email! Not a rude one, just a “if you took my yogurt by mistake please replace it” email. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that!

25 Beth April 1, 2010 at 4:30 pm

i love the cheesecake factory. that iced tea really is addictive, as is their bread. Impressed you stopped at just one piece!

26 Shannon April 1, 2010 at 4:31 pm

No one in my office has eaten my food, but I couldn’t help but think of this amazing “Friends” clip. (My sister and I pride ourselves on being able to relate most situations back to an episode of “Friends.”)

27 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair April 1, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Bahahahahaha. That is one of the most hilarious episodes of Friends EVER! Oh, Ross..

28 Christy April 1, 2010 at 4:36 pm

So glad you posted this! I was thinking the exact same thing! Gotta love Friends. πŸ™‚

29 Ryan @ Greens for Good April 1, 2010 at 5:16 pm

LOL, I googled this video to post here but you beat me to the punch. LOVE IT!

“Ross Gellar’s Lunch: Please Don’t Take Me, Okay?”

30 Shannon April 1, 2010 at 9:44 pm

Yes! And I always wanted to know what Phoebe’s “bad ass” note said!

31 janetha April 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

ugh i hate office fridge theft! especially when it is expensive stuff like kombucha or EAS protein drinks. sigh. i didnt know CF had small plates! good to know! now if i ever go there i wont have to worry about eating 4000 calories.

32 Lauren April 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

That’s so rude! Luckily I’ve always been “the weird vegan” and people are always afraid of my food, even though it’s mostly veggies!

33 Lauren @ Eater not a runner April 1, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I went in to the office fridge yesterday to get an orange i brought as a snack and someone had taken it!! It makes me so mad!

34 Kate April 1, 2010 at 4:38 pm

UGH that totally happened to me with a vanilla oikos! I was SO UPSET! I think I know the offender and I think it was an innocent mistake, so I’m over it. Totally a day-ruiner though!

35 hundredtenpounds April 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I love restaurants that offer smaller plates or “skinny” versions of food. Yay!

36 Mellissa April 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Fridge food stealers are the worst- they would steal my greek yogurt and fruit/veggies all the time. We had a temp in our department once that stole ALL of the food out of my desk and left me an IOU note. She never paid up and I was livid.

37 Sarah April 1, 2010 at 4:42 pm

UGH that is the worst!! Someone stole an apple once and while not an expensive item, it ruined my day (and snack time)!

38 Deirdre April 1, 2010 at 4:58 pm

People take little scoops out of my hummus ALL the time. Its so gross.

39 Renee April 1, 2010 at 5:06 pm

OMG – Yes I have had someone steal my food out of the office refrigerator. I went to eat my lunch one day only to learn that someone had stole part of it. UGH!!! How Rude. I ended up taking one of the drawers in the refrigerator and put my name on it so that maybe they would think twice about taking my lunch again.

40 fromatopink April 1, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Looooove me some Cheesecake Factory! And boy do I miss having a spring break! πŸ™‚

41 Lish April 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm

The last time I had something stolen from the office fridge, oddly enough, it was my leftover cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I had taken only two small bites and brought the rest back to the office. But instead of just stealing the entire slice, the thief ate about half and left the rest. Perhaps they thought I’d be none the wiser since it had two bites missing, but there is a large difference between what I ate and what they did. SO GROSS! I ended up placing a post-it on the box that told them to eat the rest b/c that was gross. My friend told me I should put something about if they only knew what was in my mouth right before I ate those two bites while at lunch with my boyfriend. I was tempted to go her route…

42 Lauren H. April 1, 2010 at 5:44 pm

A co-worker had a whole tupperware dish of leftover dinner stolen. Extremely rude and disgusting! She left a note on the fridge that said “enjoy your mouth herpes!”

43 Neely April 1, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Wait… so that would mean she had mouth herpes?

44 Neely April 1, 2010 at 5:58 pm

… because that takes some of the zing out of her note, lol.

45 Lauren H. April 2, 2010 at 12:44 pm

She didn’t actually have the herp. Just wanted to scare the perp.

Sorry about the rhyming!

46 Jenna April 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm

That’s just how good it is πŸ˜‰

47 thewhatkateateblog April 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Thats so lame! Sometimes I entertain the idea of taking things but I never do – especially something as sacred as a Caramel Oikos! Who do they think they are!

48 feetinmotion April 1, 2010 at 6:34 pm

I LOVE the cheesecake factory!! So delicious, especially the bread!

49 Matt April 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm

If someone stole my yogurt, I would raise hell!

50 Sean April 1, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Sadly at my work we had to install a camera pointing at the refrigerators to identify the lunch thieves. Not sure if it ever caught them but I haven’t heard any complaints since then. Management says they’ll only review it if there’s ’cause to’ but I still feel paranoid walking around in there even though I never stole anyone’s lunch. πŸ™

51 Rachel April 1, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Sounds like a great lunch! I am glad you enjoyed yourself, but sorry about the yogurt theft. I would be angry too and very tempted to sent out an angry email. Good call on keeping it to yourself πŸ˜‰

52 Shannon April 1, 2010 at 7:18 pm

omg, that totally happenned to me about a month ago. someone ate half of my calzone and my yogurt. it was a time when i was working LONG hours and it was my dinner. i was not happy πŸ™

53 A Running Kentucky Filly April 1, 2010 at 7:48 pm

There is an awesome Dilbert cartoon dealing with people stealing stuff out of the office fridge but unfortunately I cannot find it. We used to have it tacked on the fridge to get the message out that the fridge was not a communal food place. Sorry to hear they stole your yummy yogurt πŸ™

54 BroccoliHut April 1, 2010 at 8:17 pm

I am amazed at your self-restraint! I can never stop at just one piece of that delicious brown bread at Cheesecake Factory.

55 caronae April 1, 2010 at 8:29 pm

When I was a preteen I used to think it was so cool to help my mom at her office! And since she’s in charge (she’s the doctor), everyone had to be nice to me, even if I was really annoying, lol.
I love it when big restaurants/chain restaurants have healthy options! Yum. And sorry about the oikos πŸ™‚ Everyone in my office is really close; there are only seven or eight of us, and people typically only put packed lunches in the fridge once. I stole some AB once, but only because the jar had been sitting there untouched for like six months.
Happy Friday!

56 Ashley April 1, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Yesterday somebody took my hummus and carrots out of the fridge!! Grr:(

57 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 1, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Glad Cheesecake Factory has a small plates option, but still not happy that they don’t provide nutritional information for their menu.

58 missyrayn April 1, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I love your theory about Cheesecake factory because their portions are HUGE!

I had people take some of my food when I worked in a school and I was so annoyed. I was very tempted to send a school wide email.

59 alice April 1, 2010 at 10:25 pm

ugh why on earth would people steal food? and from co-workers they know?! I’ve had my sandals stolen the ONE time I went to the pool a month ago.. but at least that wasn’t food

60 Ashley April 1, 2010 at 11:38 pm

I’ve never had food stolen–I usually put all my food in my lunch bag and then put the bag in the fridge so it’s not easily accessible–but I did witness one of my coworkers return to the microwave she’d been heating up her pizza in to find her lunch was gone. Several of us went searching for the pizza thief, but no luck…and I think it was probably an honest mistake of someone taking her pizza out of the microwave and putting it on the break room table (where anything is fair game) so they could use the microwave.

But today I left a Liberte yogurt loose in the fridge with my initials on it and now I’m worried about it…I’m (pretty) sure it’ll still be there on Monday!

61 Hillary April 2, 2010 at 12:37 am

AHHH…both the salad and pizzette [too cute] look uh-mazing! I wish I could have been your mouth today ; )

62 Bridget April 2, 2010 at 11:09 am

People at my old job stole my stuff so much that I put duct tape to seal most food items, and labeled them. That might be a good idea, though it wouldn’t look “presentable.” Glad that Carly is a great kid, and hope that you can see her again!

63 Carla April 2, 2010 at 2:22 pm

I have a copy of their menu’s nutritional information that was sent out via HungryGirl, it doesn’t have the new small plates options but I’d be glad to send it over to you if you’re interested! It’s NOT pretty!

64 Bridget April 2, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I can’t believe someone took your Caramel oikos!! Don’t they know its not just another yogurt! No but really I just dont understand why people think they fridge is fair game…inconsiderate!

Good luck with your 50k!! Thats so crazy awesome!!! I know you’ll do amazingly!