more ยป" />

Indulge…

by Meghann on March 31, 2010

I’m a sucker for cute packaging…

and Stonyfield knows how to deliver.

A few months ago Stonyfield introduced their new Caramel and Chocolate Oikos Flavors.

I’ve been in complete awe of the new flavors, so when Stonyfield offered a couple of samples of my own to review how could I say no?!?! ๐Ÿ™‚

I tried the caramel this afternoon with a little granola.

Wow! This wasn’t any regular ole yogurt – oh no – this was dessert! The caramel oikos was very sweet and delectable. I can see why they only sell it in the small cups, anymore would be a bit too much.

All in all thought it was great balance of rich caramel and tangy greek yogurt. I can’t wait to try the chocolate tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚

After work I attempted to attend the hour long Power Class at my gym, but I wasn’t really feeling it. I attempted to increase my weight and may have went a bit to high. The whole class I felt sluggish and weak. I had he take multiple breaks and left feeling very blah.

This is exactly why I like to exercise in the morning. After work I have no energy and lose interest in the moves too easily. ๐Ÿ™ It’s something I need to work on.

Dinner tonight followed the same lazy effort I put into the power class.

1/2 bowl = spaghetti squash

1/2 bowl = kale sauteed with leek and a little olive oil

Topped off with pre-baked tofu and marinara sauce

I hate to admit it, but these caramels may or may not have been in my fridge since the Foodbuzz Festival back in November.

I guess tonight was as good of a night as any to give them a try, right?

I had two mouth watering caramels for dessert.

Plus a little bowl of strawberries

Shaklee Winner…

The winner of the Shaklee H2 organic cleaner is…

Picture 2.png

Congrats Emily! Sned me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com to collect your prize!

1 Jenny March 31, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Those cupcake-looking containers are sooooo cute!!! The yogurts not half bad either:)

2 Jessica @ Dairy Free Bety March 31, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Someone else had this on their blog too!! Did they send it in the mail like that too?!?! Weren’t you worried about it going bad?!?

Hahha.. maybe that’s just me?!!?

๐Ÿ™‚

3 Evan Thomas March 31, 2010 at 8:44 pm

After seeing so much caramel oikos, I need to try some

4 Marisa (Loser for Life) March 31, 2010 at 8:45 pm

I LOVE the caramel flavor! It is so good as a dip for strawberries!

5 Kelly March 31, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Maaaan everyone got those delicious yogurts today! So jealous!

6 Beth March 31, 2010 at 8:50 pm

mmmm chocolate + caramel = heaven!!

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Oooh everyone is getting the yoghurt, eh?

8 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm

oooh I would love to try that caramel yoghurt! Shame I can’t find it in Australia ๐Ÿ™

9 theprocessofhealing March 31, 2010 at 9:03 pm

LOVE caramel Oikos..YUM!!!! So. Darn. Good!

10 Kerrie March 31, 2010 at 9:06 pm

mmm…I love Stonyfield and I love the caramel flavor and can’t wait to try the others I recently saw at the store. Cute packaging too!

11 Jo March 31, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Hi Meghann,
I think it’s pretty apparent you have some sort of an exercise addiction. I don’t mean to “call you out” or do I mean this in a hurtful way; it just seems after running five miles, and then going back to the gym hours later for an intense class, your body likely did not have much time to recover, thus feeling ‘blah’ during. I read your blog frequently, and I rarely ever remember you taking more than a full day of recovery. Has anyone ever brought this to your attention? I will know, if you delete this comment, you’ve chosen to ignore it (which is completely fine), rather than address it, and hopefully answer questions I’ve seen come up here rather often.

12 Liz April 1, 2010 at 8:19 am

I’ve agreed with this forever!! Not only an exercise addiction, but not enough calories to compensate! It is sad, Meghann. I hope you can overcome this!

13 katie April 1, 2010 at 8:19 am

I was actually thinking the same thing… (not in a mean way but wow! why two workouts today?)

14 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 2, 2010 at 11:22 am

I think that Meghanna is just try to incorporate more strength training into her activity schedule and she’s learning how to balance her cardio and with the strength. I’ve done cardio and strength training in one day and I can PROMISE I don’t have an exercise addiction. If she had run on the treadmill at the gym and then went to a class, would you have said anything? Probably not. Sometimes there just aren’t enough days in the week and you have to double up.

15 Meghann April 2, 2010 at 11:23 am

Thank you, Carolyn ๐Ÿ™‚ My thoughts exactly.

16 Jo April 2, 2010 at 4:17 pm

While I do tend to agree with you Carolyn (and Meghann, it’s pretty obvious you didn’t want to chime in and give your thoughts until someone did it for you), when you see someone nearly running every. single. day (please note, I said nearly) with minimal days off and clearly not enough calories, you tend to wonder.

Carolyn, to your last question; it depends on how long she ran on the treadmill. If she ran for an hour+ and then attended an hour+ class, yes, I would have said something. If she ran a mile, or two, then I would have not. Moderation isn’t always about food.

This is not the only time I’ve thought this, and I know I’m not the only person who does; I wanted to address it because I really do think she has issues and should address them. I’ve read several comments similar to this, so I know I am not the only one with concerns.

17 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 31, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Oh boo for not feeling the workout. Now that it’s getting warmer out I feel more motivated to workout in the morning (running on the Hudson river in the freezing cold at 5:45 am = NOT FUN!!!)
Sara

18 Sara @ Activegal March 31, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I love Stonyfield…the caramel sounds delicious I am going to have to keep an eye out for it!!

19 missyrayn March 31, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I don’t know how you’ve had those delectable bites in the fridge since November. But they look great.

20 Lauren March 31, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Those new Oikos flavours look so good!

21 Matt March 31, 2010 at 10:20 pm

That chocolate one is EPIC ๐Ÿ™‚ They sell it at Wal Mart!

22 Crystal April 1, 2010 at 12:03 am

Oikos yogurt looks sooo good! I wish my grocery stores carried it!

23 Sarah-Mae April 1, 2010 at 1:40 am

So much talk of Oikos, so little Oikos in Canada ๐Ÿ™

24 britchickruns April 1, 2010 at 3:36 am

Caramel greek yogurt…if only that was available in the uk!
I can’t exercise in the afternoon either, I’m always waaay more sluggish – it’s never as much fun.
And :O oohh how I want to try spaghetti squash!

25 Hillary April 1, 2010 at 3:50 am

That really is an adorable package. I’m jealous of both you + Tina with your Oikos swag. Hey Stoneyfield, pick me next! ; )

26 Rachel April 1, 2010 at 7:08 am

Such cute packaging! I can’t wait to hear your review of the chocolate since I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic!
Sorry you had a blah workout, but it happens sometimes. It is just your body’s way of telling you it needs a break and has had enough for the day. I am definitely a morning exerciser too. I am soooo sluggish in the afternoon!
For being thrown together, your dinner looks amazingly delicious. I love spaghetti squash, but haven’t had it in a long time. I need to change that ๐Ÿ™‚

27 Jes (Self Motivation) April 1, 2010 at 8:03 am

I love the cute packaging! I will definitely try to find that yogurt and give it a try!

28 Heather @ Side of Sneakers April 1, 2010 at 8:36 am

Mmm I love the caramel flavor. And that packaging is adorable!!

29 cara April 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

mmm the oikos yogurts sound delicious.