more ยป" />

Printing

by Meghann on March 30, 2010

I just pressed print on 105 2-sided 35 page documents that I spent all morning work on.  I hope non of my co-workers mind the printer being MIA for the next 30 minutes or so. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Weโ€™re getting down to the wire here in the office. Our Solutions Summit is a week a way and there are so many last minute to-dos that I have been crossing off my list all morning. Still, these events are the fun part of my job and I wouldnโ€™t trade it for a minute.

Creating a 35 page document makes me hungry.

Enter snack of Dried Prunes, Chocolate Graham, and Pretzel Goldfish.

IMG_2991

My boss invited me to lunch today and I was really, really tempted to join her, but I am going out of town this weekend and need to work on eating up all the fresh produce I bought way to much of this weekend.

IMG_2994

Besides there is nothing tastier than lunch at home. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_3004

I massaged some kale this morning with balsamic vinegar and EVOO and let it it marinate while I was at work. When lunch time came I added some left over roasted eggplant, olives, mushrooms, and hardboiled eggs to the mix.

IMG_3007

With the last of my Great Harvest Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread.

IMG_2996

I wonder if my document is done printing yet? Better go check!

1 Heather March 30, 2010 at 1:38 pm

wow, that’s a LOT of pages…way to be a rockstar and create such a massive document! your salad sounds perfectly refreshing. which reminds me, i need to eat lunch…

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 30, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I had a salad with 2 hard boiled eggs cut JUST like that on top last week…dang, great minds sure think alike. I secretly LOVE xeroxing stuff. My boss at my internship would always hate giving me that task at the risk of boring me but I loved it!

3 Evan Thomas March 30, 2010 at 1:44 pm

The butts of the loaf are my favorite part

4 britchickruns March 30, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Gracious, I think you single handedly just used up 3 rainforests ๐Ÿ˜› I had to print out 60 10 page or so q’nnairs at uni the other week – the poor boy behind me in the print cue waited about 20mins – for ONE sheet!!
Have a good afternoon ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Beth March 30, 2010 at 1:49 pm

It’s the best feeling pressing print when you’ve been working on something for a few hours! Now I want some hardboiled eggs!

6 Lindsey @ Sound Eats March 30, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I always feel like a tree killer when I have to print a lot at work. We had these huge like 50 page grant applications that I had to make twenty copies of the other day. Ridiculous!

P.S. That bread looks amazingggg!!

7 Kayla March 30, 2010 at 2:04 pm

It’s considerate of you to do it over the lunch hour, though, rather than at a peak time of the day. You don’t want to make everyone wait at 4 on Friday afternoon – you would have an angry mob on your hands!

8 Sarah March 30, 2010 at 2:19 pm

I’ve heard of this “massaged kale” before and I’m really curious. Kale is such an awesome veggie but I’m a little intimidated by it to be honest… Haha… How do you make it tasty?

9 Kelly March 30, 2010 at 2:21 pm

hardboiled eggs….yum…my favorite way to eat them!

10 Matt March 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm

When I was an intern one summer, all I did was print stuff. I pissed off a lot of people ๐Ÿ˜‰

11 krittie March 30, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I love when I can get out of the office and do something different than office work-it makes my job a little more exciting. Great lunch too! You always seem to come up with the most creative meals.

12 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 30, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Being productive is such a great feeling! I’m thinking I might have to make some hard-boiled eggs one of these days….

13 Christina March 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I’m totally craving some chocolate chip pumpkin bread now!

14 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Your salad looks refreshing and delicious!
Sara

15 Jenny March 30, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Good luck with work!:)

16 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 30, 2010 at 3:28 pm

That is one delicious looking salad!!

17 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 30, 2010 at 3:39 pm

sitting around waiting for something to print would be hunger-inducing.

18 Leah March 30, 2010 at 3:48 pm

That kind of stuff annoys me so much in my office. I’ve been trying to teach people to print one and then make copies on the photo copier that has an elusive “Interrupt” button so anyone can cut it. It’s amazing. If I do have big print jobs to do, I always save them for the end of the day or early morning before people are really active.

19 Anna@ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Mmmm…what is it about hard-boiled eggs that is just so tasty? Love them!

20 Marisa (Loser for Life) March 30, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Mmm… you have me craving hard boiled eggs now! Yours look so perfect!

21 Amy @ Second City Randomness March 30, 2010 at 4:48 pm

I’m trying to slim down the refrigerator before I leave for Easter Break as well… it will make for some really interesting combos by the end of the week! Not sure if that’s going to be good or bad…

22 Kelly L. March 30, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Rule #1 to get ahead in the workforce. Never turn down lunch with your boss. Seriously? Just to eat up some leftover food? Come on now!

23 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 30, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I love boiled eggs in salad – so tasty!!!

24 Heather @ Side of Sneakers March 30, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Wow that’s a lot of printing! My printer would sputter and die if it had to do that much work ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Rachel March 30, 2010 at 5:27 pm

That looks like a delicious lunch! I especially envy the pumpkin bread.
I always feel like such a tree killer when I have to print out my coursework. I swear I have killed at least two rainforests while in college!

26 theprocessofhealing March 30, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I’m SO jealous of that bread, YUM!!! I need to make some pumpkin or banana nut bread soon…

27 dianacheung March 30, 2010 at 6:18 pm

pics of your chocolate chip pumpkin bread is making me want some bad…haven’t had it since christmas!

28 Shannon March 30, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Your blog posts are always so full of typos. You do realize the difference between ‘a way’ and ‘away’, right?

29 Emily March 30, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Did you really feel the need to point that out? She’s taking time out of her day to bring YOU, as a reader, great material, tips, recipes, etc. and you’re going to criticize her? I think that’s the LEAST of her worries.

30 fromatopink March 30, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Congrats on all your hard work, what a wonderful feeling! And it’s so great you find enjoyment in your job. ๐Ÿ™‚

31 Katherine: What About Summer? March 30, 2010 at 9:25 pm

I ordered resumes online to be picked up at FedEx last week and it saved my butt! love technology these days
Katherine
whataboutsummer.wordpress.com

32 Erin March 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Every time I see that bread, I want a chunk. Mmmmm!

33 jessica March 30, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Would you mind sharing with us exactly what you said to your boss to politely decline a lunch invite? I am constantly put in the same situation with co-workers at work and I never know what to say. Thanks!

34 Meghann March 31, 2010 at 5:58 am

I told her the truth – that I would love to, but I’m going out of town this weekend and that I really need to eat up my fridge before I leave. My boss knows me and totally understood.