more ยป" />

Now That's What I Call Yoga

by Meghann on March 29, 2010

Baptiste Yoga (aka HOT yoga) was A-MA-ZING tonight!

I’ve tried bikram yoga in the past and hated it. I loved how the class makes you sweat, but I was not a fan of the structure of the class or how unwelcoming the classes are. Baptiste yoga gives you the great sweat bikram provides while also providing a wonderful welcoming atmosphere and flowing class.

I dare to say it, but tonight’s class was probably the best yoga class I have ever taken. I just felt in the groove the whole class. I was able to properly execute a couple of poses and binds I’ve been afraid to attempt in the past and I really focused on my breathing to get all I could out of each pose.

If you are in the Orlando are I wold highly recommend giving Orlando Power Yoga Studio a shot. I loved everything about the class and hope to go back as much as possible in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

And a BIG thanks to Ashley for inviting me to the studio this evening and for taking the above photo of me looking exhausted after class! ๐Ÿ™‚

Before yoga I had an Adore Glo Bar that Angela had handed me on Saturday night.

I’m sad this was my only one, it was just sooo good! I loved the bits of marshmallow in each bite. ๐Ÿ™‚

The yoga class was tough, but – like I said above – amazing. I worked up a sweat and left the class with that same accomplished feeling I get after a good cycling class or long run.

My one regret with the class was my not having a towel. I have no idea what I was thinking by not forgetting a towel! My hands were very slippery as my sweat continued to saturate my mat throughout the class. Next time I need to remember a towel is a must! ๐Ÿ™‚

After yoga I was surprised how my hunger wasn’t totally out of control. I was hungry, but not to the point where I wanted to gnaw my arm off or anything. It was just enough to take my time preparing a great meal and enjoying the end results.

Left over Leek & Potato Soup with cheese and peanuts

The cheese melted in the soup which made for a gooey, stringy soup. Yum!

The best part was the roasted eggplant on the side.

I drizzled the eggplant with balsamic vinegar and baked at 415 for 15 minutes.

The roasted eggplant made great dippers for the soup. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dessert was a piece of chocolate chip pumpkin bread with thin mint ice cream.

Another Monday has come to an end. Time to enjoy some time with my pups.

Good night. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Duchess of Fork March 29, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Oh yum! I love eggplant. What a great idea to use it as a dipper for the soup. I bet that was out of control good!!

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 29, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I’ve taken ONE studio hot yoga class in my life and it was life changing/unforgettable! It was down in Hilton Head so I won’t be able to take it again but I felt on top of the world afterwards (and soaking wet!!). I’m gonna try and find a hot yoga studio after I graduate. Thanks for the reminder of how amazing it feels ๐Ÿ™‚

3 theprocessofhealing March 29, 2010 at 9:39 pm

I want to try hot yoga so so so badly!!! It sounds awesome!

4 Katherine: What About Summer? March 29, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Do you have any tips for cutting the eggplant? that has always been an issue for me

5 Meghann March 30, 2010 at 8:25 am

Hmmm.. not sure. I just sliced it with a large knife?

6 Jenny March 29, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Hot yoga is great , I always leave feeling so relaxed

7 Heather March 29, 2010 at 10:17 pm

oh i NEED – not want, need – some chocolate chip pumpkin bread STAT!!! so glad you loved the yoga class! makes me want to head to orlando and try it ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Kelly March 29, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Sounds like it was a great yoga class. Glad you ejoyed it!

9 Beth March 29, 2010 at 10:24 pm

i want your dinner! those eggplant rounds look sooo crispy and delicious!

I’ve not yet tried yoga of any sort but am dying to venture into it. I’ve heard awesome things about hot yoga but I’m scared to try it! Glad you gave it a rave review.

10 Matt March 29, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Cheese + soup = EPIC. That is why I like French Onion ๐Ÿ˜‰

11 Amy @ Second City Randomness March 29, 2010 at 10:29 pm

It seems everyone loves hot yoga! I really want to try it, but I don’t do well in hot enclosed spaces with crowds of people… so maybe I’ll wait until the trend dies down a little? I’m cool with being a “late adopter”. ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Meghann March 30, 2010 at 8:26 am

Apparently the room I was in tonight ‘fits’ 43 and there wer 45 people. It was wayyyy more crowded than I was expecting!

13 christina cadden March 29, 2010 at 10:30 pm

That dinner looks so good!

14 Jenna March 29, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Mmmm the cheese looks like it made the soup!!

15 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 29, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I have yet to try a hot yoga class since I only take classes at the gym. Someday. ๐Ÿ™‚

16 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm

LOVE hot yoga. And I’m NEVER hungry after!? Maybe it’s the heat…??
Sara

17 missyrayn March 29, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I love hot yoga that flows compared to bikram. I tried both in Colorado and had the same opinion that you did.

And a towel is a necessity.

18 foodlovingpolarbear March 30, 2010 at 12:43 am

Hot yoga is THE best. We have great classes here in Finland too and even though it’s very expensive it’s one thing I will continue to do, the feeling after it is FABULOUS. Glad you enjoyed it too!

19 britchickruns March 30, 2010 at 3:26 am

Ooh that aubergine looks and sounds delicious – I love it when things get slightly charred, it adds such a depth to the flavour ๐Ÿ™‚

20 healthyappletite March 30, 2010 at 5:43 am

I’ve never tried yoga! Hot yoga looks like a good sweat out though! xx

21 Kath March 30, 2010 at 6:34 am

Yayyyyy so glad you like hot vinyasa!! It’s the BEST!

22 Sarah March 30, 2010 at 7:46 am

So glad you liked it! I’m looking forward to reading about more yoga experiences in the future:).

23 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 30, 2010 at 8:21 am

I agree with you about Bikram — totally unwelcoming and far too structured. Forgetting a towel is THE WORST! Did they not have ones at the studio to rent?

24 Meghann March 30, 2010 at 8:25 am

They probably did, but we were late and it didn’t even occur to me until the class actually started.

25 Haleigh March 30, 2010 at 8:38 am

I am happy to hear that you found a yoga class that suits you ๐Ÿ™‚ I have been to bikram before and I didn’t enjoy the class either. My favorite yoga classes to go to are flow classes.. it feels like a beautiful dance. I love it!

Roasted eggplant sounds delicious! xoxo

26 fitandfortysomething March 30, 2010 at 8:45 am

i think i would like that class too. i have a problem with the structure of bikram too-how great!

27 Jessie March 30, 2010 at 8:54 am

I have been dying to go to a yoga class! But I really need something super basic because the only yoga I have done is from videos and I am not sure if I am doing it right.

28 runningwithsass March 30, 2010 at 9:02 am

glad you had a good yoga class! I am still trying to get into it!

29 Katy March 30, 2010 at 9:08 am

That class looks awesome! Thanks for posting … I’d love to join you guys next time (I’m skerrrred to go alone).

30 Lacey @ Lake Life March 30, 2010 at 9:38 am

Roasted eggplant for soup-dipping?

Ingenious…completely ingenious ๐Ÿ™‚

31 Kristina @MendonPondMusings March 30, 2010 at 10:39 am

Glad to hear you loved it! It’s so hard to do though while training for a race. I need to figure out how to do it more often.

32 Jen March 30, 2010 at 11:01 am

If you’re going to do a lot of hot yoga, you might want to invest in a yogitoes towel: http://www.yogitoes.com/index3.php?l=shop

I found some at Sportmart for about $30. I put the nubbies up – that might be cheating but it helps. Totally worth it! I sweat like crazy in hot yoga but you’re right, it’s awesome!

33 hundredtenpounds March 30, 2010 at 12:18 pm

That dinner looks fantastic! (And I’m addicted to that ice cream. MMMMM)