more ยป" />

Oh She Glows!

by Meghann on March 27, 2010

Yesterday’s photo shoot was amazing! ๐Ÿ™‚

I met with a really sweet photographer at a local park and she basically had me run past her back and forth about a hundred or so times. It was fun to feel like a model for a mili-second. Maybe, I’ll actually get a great running picture out of this for once? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Be on the look out for the June issue of Shape to see the final photo! I can’t wait to see it myself!

I was feeling snacky after my photo shoot and since dinner was going to be on the late side, I figured it was a great idea to break into my new jar of Naturally Nutty Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Seed Butter.

A dollop with carrots and dried fruit for dipping.

Delicious! ๐Ÿ™‚

The cinnamon gave the seed butter a slight spice, but the vanilla was just enough to cool it down so it wasn’t too spicy. I would compare it almost to a red hot butter with a touch of vanilla. Love, love, love the unique combination of flavor and the delightful grittiness the butter provides. Seed butter perfection if you ask me.

Dinner tonight was EXTRA special because it involved a once in lifetime opportunity to dine with this gorgeous lady!

Who is that? Well, that’s Angela from Oh She Glows!!

Angela is one talented blogger whose blog I have been following for who knows how long. She’s smart, she’s honest, and she follows her heart. I <3 her!

Angela is vacationing in Florida with her husband, Eric, all the way from Canada and were able to organize a local get together with some local bloggers and readers.

The group of 20 wined and dined at Dexter’s in downtown. ( I know I just ate there the day before, but the food is good so I didn’t mind ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Somehow I way over estimated how long it would take to get to the restaurant and ended up arriving 15 minutes early and was seated at a table set for 20 by myself. Better to be early than late, right?

Eventually some lovely ladies starting piling in and I didn’t feel quite alone.

I started with a glass of Night Harvest Cab and had a couple of refills throughout the night from the bottles of wine the boys had ordered, but I never caught the name of.

Faith and I split a order of sweet potato fries, which were crispy and tasty!

I knew exactly what I wanted for dinner: the Rustic Skillet Salad with Salmon.

I’ve had the salad before and loved it, but I remember more toppings in the past. The toppings were a bit sparce, but still delicious.

Fro dessert Katy gave me the last couple of bites of her chocolate cake.

Nom Nom Nom

A few of us headed next door after dinner for some March Madness (Go Michigan State!!) and then called it a night.

My head hit the pillow almost as soon as I walked in the door last night. The three glasses of wine went to my head and I could barely stay awake long enough to let Maddie out before bed!

I woke up this morning still full from the night before – a clear sign I may have overdone it on drinking and eating last night. The 8 mile run I had on the calendar suddenly didn’t seem so appealing, but the 50k looming over my head for next weekend was able to get my butt out the door.

I must have drank over a liter of water before the run and another liter and a half during the run (I drained my camelbak!). It wasn’t a pretty 8 miles, but I did it and for that I feel awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

My hunger never really returned after the run, but knew I had to eat something. I ended up mixing an apple with some plain yogurt and honey puffs with a left over waffle on the side.

I smeared the waffle with Naturally Nutty Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter – YUM!!

Maddie and I are off to spend the day outside. The Farmers Market and dog park are on the agenda!

Have a great day!!

1 theprocessofhealing March 27, 2010 at 10:06 am

Sounds like you have a fun day!! I can only imagine that the weather in FL must be absolutely gorgeous today!

Gah so lucky you got to meet Angela!! She seems so NICE!

2 Evan Thomas March 27, 2010 at 10:06 am

That looks so fun! The salmon is always my go-to menu item. And the cake–well I can only imagine what that looked like ๐Ÿ™‚
I can’t believe you’re talking about sun and going to the farmer’s market. Have a fun time! It’s below freezing in New England and lower with the wind chill. Where is March supposed to be?!

3 Liz March 27, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Where in New England are you?! In Massachusetts it’s beautiful today! ๐Ÿ™‚ A little chilly, but still beautiful!

4 Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) March 27, 2010 at 10:07 am

Long runs after late nights (+ drinking) are never fun, but kudos to you for getting it done! That salmon salad looked yummy ๐Ÿ™‚

5 healthyappletite March 27, 2010 at 10:10 am

you’re going to be in shape? wow, how amazing! will you post the pic when it comes out on here? i cant get shape in uk! xx

6 runningwithsass March 27, 2010 at 10:11 am

so fun! looks like yall had a great time!

7 Lauren March 27, 2010 at 10:11 am

Looks like such a fun blog meetup! Glad you had a good time.

Wow, you’re going to be in Shape magazine? Thats really cool. I’ll look for you in there in June!

Have an amazing day

8 britchickruns March 27, 2010 at 10:12 am

What an awesome meet up, that looked like so much fun! All the food looks wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚ Meeting Angela must’ve been like meeting a celeb!
Well done for getting out the door for the run – that must’ve been tough!! But that breakfast,,,nom nom, that looks good!
Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

9 Carol Tufts March 27, 2010 at 10:21 am

Meghann,

Looks like you were able to have a really great night at Dexter’s. Sometimes, second time is the charm!

Well, Cliff and I are getting the the hint loud and clear ๐Ÿ™‚ I figured this would mean something to you.

From our end, we actually enjoyed meeting you, talking to you and taking you to dinner. What a talented girl you are. I wish you the best.

See you at graduation!

10 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) March 27, 2010 at 10:28 am

Looks like you had an awesome night – you are so lucky to have gotten to meet Angela! Salmon is always my go-to menu item. It’s so yummy and so versatile.

11 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self March 27, 2010 at 10:55 am

I didn’t realize the photo shoot was for Shape! That’s awesome, Meghann! ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 27, 2010 at 10:56 am

I can’t believe you got to meet Angela! I bet she is glowing in real life…literally ๐Ÿ™‚ I finished my jar of Naturally Nutty in just over a WEEK!! There were definitely spoons AND forks going into that jar. Good thing I have a 2nd jar.

13 Anna March 27, 2010 at 10:58 am

Sounds like a fun night…and a fun day ahead! Good for you for getting that run in…I definitely would have stayed in bed, haha ๐Ÿ™‚

14 missyrayn March 27, 2010 at 11:32 am

I’m so jealous of all the bloggers who got to meat Angela. Looks like you had a blast!

15 Kelly March 27, 2010 at 11:43 am

Can’t wait to buy the June issue! Good job still doing the 8 miles, if it were me I probably would have bailed ๐Ÿ™

16 sarah (the SHU box) March 27, 2010 at 12:21 pm

woohoo shape!! that is so cool — can’t wait to see the piece!!!

also, because i’m obsessed, i have to mention that i spot an anthro hollyhock dress on one of the guests. ๐Ÿ™‚ i have that dress and LOVE it (although i haven’t even worn it yet!)

17 Erica March 27, 2010 at 12:43 pm

ah! I can’t wait to see the magazine shoot/story! So cool. Looks like a fun evening last night. Have fun outside with your little lady. I really want to get outside and do some weeding….but I’m feeling like taking a nap ๐Ÿ™‚

18 christina cadden March 27, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Yummy dishes!

19 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 27, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Looks like a blast!! congrats on the photo shoot!!
Sara

20 Meredith March 27, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Yes, go Michigan State! I graduated from MSU in 2006. What are your ties to Michigan State?

21 Meghann March 27, 2010 at 3:34 pm

None, that’s just who everyone else at the bar was cheering for, so I got in the spirit. ๐Ÿ™‚

22 Joanie @lovinglife29.blogspot.com March 27, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Meghann-
I LOVE your blue top!! Where did you get it? I am always looking for bright, vibrant going-out-tops…

Thanks!

23 Jes (Self Motivation) March 27, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Your meet up looks like it was a great time! I think it is really awesome that you are going to be in Shape magazine! Congratulations! Several months ago I saw a really great photo and interview with a girl in that magazine and at the bottom of the page it said, “Do you want to see yourself in Shape? Send us a photo…” I pulled out the page and have it set aside as inspiration in hopes that one day I will send in a photo! Thanks for the inspiration!

24 fitandfortysomething March 27, 2010 at 10:40 pm

What a great experience! How fun to get together with all those bloggers:)

25 Wholesomefoodie March 28, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Congrats on being in Shape Magazine!!! What a great experience! You deserve it after all the hard work you have done. FYI, your arms look amazing! That weight training regime is doing its job!