Welcome Back to the Green Monster

by Meghann on March 25, 2010

Good Morning and welcome to another beautiful day!

We are suppose to hit 80 degrees today! It looks like it might be time to start turning the AC back on. I this this may be the longest winter I’ve gone with no AC. Having not turned the AC on since November,  I need to clearly state this is NOT typical for a born and raised Floridian! 🙂

The big bonus of nice weather is great runs in the morning. My 6 miles this morning was amazing in a tank top and shorts. 🙂

Nice weather also means the return of the Green Monster!

IMG_2495

Smoothies always leave me so cold in the mornings, which is why my blender has been hiding in the cabinets for the past few months. This morning I figured it was time to pull it out of semi-retirement.

IMG_2506

My smoothie contained

• Frozen Berry Mix
  • Frozen Pineapples
  • Fat Free Milk
  • Wheat Grass
  • Flax Seed
  • Spinach

IMG_2502

Served in a my Coco Cay Cup for easy on-the-go consumption.

IMG_2512

And paired with a toasted piece of challah bread with almond butter for satiety.

IMG_2510

The Coco Cay cup brought back memories of my cruise this past summer.

I want to go back! The beach is calling my name in those photos. Plus, I miss my tan. 😉

Stalker

Last night Melissa and I were chatting about the crazy things we’ve done in the past to stalk exes who have broken our hearts. I moved the conversation to twitter, but would love to open the forum in the comments section below because I know there are some good stories out there.

So please Ladies (and gents!) spill what you’ve done in the past that involved stalking an ex.

Confession: I used to keep up chat windows with one of my exes in college and would study the patterns of when he would change his away message or how long he had been idle.

1 Heather March 25, 2010 at 8:56 am

hahaha, i don’t know if i’ve done anything out of the ordinary (i.e. facebook, AIM watching, etc), but i can’t wait to hear what other people say!!! p.s. your cruise looks SO FUN!

2 megzzwinsatlife March 25, 2010 at 8:59 am

hahaha o man.. I def have went out of my way to drive past an ex’s houses a time or two..

In college I also use to like go to the dining hall when I knew they would be there!

wow.. just seems silly now!

3 caitlin March 25, 2010 at 9:07 am

i still google my ex to this day and i looked at his wedding registry.

pathetic.

4 bootcampphilly March 25, 2010 at 1:41 pm

i did the same thing, and i feel very stalker-ish that i did that. I also judged them for picking ugly dishware!

5 RhodeyGirl March 25, 2010 at 1:41 pm

that was me.

6 Madeline - Greens and Jeans March 25, 2010 at 9:10 am

I was thinking yesterday about turning on my AC here in Phoenix! It’s about that time of year… Facebook has opened up a whole new world of ex stalking. I used to obsessively check this one guy’s Facebook status and freak out if I thought it had anything to do with me (my friends can definitely attest to this one)

7 midgetkeeper March 25, 2010 at 9:11 am

I was on the receiving end of the crazy behavior actually. My ex was beyond psycho. He put spy ware on my computer among other things. He still sends me messages every once in a while and he knows I am married with kids. Someone needs to move on, haha.

8 Justy2003 March 25, 2010 at 9:12 am

Yay for warmer weather! It’s been a cold winter, that’s for sure.
Not gonna lie, I’m a creepy stalker ex. Then again, I’m only 2.5 months out from the breakup, so I’m hoping it’s normal 😉 And it’s funny, because I know I’m being creepy/pathetic but I’m just so curious. I have his passwords for Facebook, g-mail, and his bank accounts. Bad, I know…but he knew I had them while we were together. He needs to change them. I’ve gotten much better about checking them though, as in I haven’t done it in quite a while! But right after the breakup, it was bad.

9 jentrinque March 25, 2010 at 9:12 am

So funny! Waaay back when I was in college from 97-2001, we didn’t have facebook and we had to walk uphill both ways. I am sure I did weird things to stalk exes or crushes though…I remember in high school I sat in a hallway where I knew this guy I had a crush on would be and introduced myself to him. I looked like a complete weirdo. And still do 🙂

10 Jenny March 25, 2010 at 9:14 am

Stalking exes… Definetly via facebook! Is it bad if you do it if you have a bf?

11 fitandfortysomething March 25, 2010 at 9:14 am

don’t you love when you have a great run and then a cold smoothie! great start to the morning! way back in high school i would drive by the guys house-how weird when i look back on it!

12 Stacey March 25, 2010 at 9:15 am

Oh man. Not only have I driven by a guy’s place, I’ve driven by another girl’s place to see if he was there.

Thinking about it now, it’s so insane! What could those things possibly accomplish besides making me feel terrible?!

13 britchickruns March 25, 2010 at 9:15 am

I want that smoothie cup!
I’ve never done anything stalker-esque with an ex – but then I haven’t had many! It’ll be fun to read about all the other crazy folk that read your blog though 😛

14 Katherine March 25, 2010 at 9:31 am

OK, this is really embarrassing, and I swear I am in a very healthy relationship now. Pleaaaase keep in mind that this was 9 years ago when I was 18.

I created a screename on AIM that was very similar to the screename of the girl that I was positive my ex was seeing (used a 0 instead of O, for example). I would IM him pretending I was her. I would say things like “you left your jacket here” to see if he would say “oh, thanks” because then I would know if he had been there!

Obviously this didn’t work because he was not an idiot. He would just say “who is this?” but at the time I thought I was the best detective. Turns out he was seeing her, so at least I wasn’t crazy!! Oh wait, yes I was hahah

15 thewhatkateateblog March 25, 2010 at 11:12 am

Im so glad that you said this first because I used to do shit like that too! I would even sign onto his aim & see who IMed him!
Ahh teenage years!

16 Lin March 26, 2010 at 2:59 am

omg i’ve always thought that i was a weird creep!!! katherine, you speak to my soul 🙂 now i know that there’s a creepy stalker in everyone! 🙂 i’ve never stalked an ex but i have definitely stalked boys i’ve liked with with the fake screen name method. i even made my best friend talk to one guy i liked on my fake sn when i couldn’t get online (this was in middle school).

17 Laura Georgina March 25, 2010 at 9:51 am

My ex stalked me for a bit (leaving flowers on my car, calling my house and wheedling information out of whoever picked up the phone), but it wasn’t terrible, just annoying–and anyway, I was too busy stalking (following in my car, then parking and pretending I was “just in the area” one time) my next boyfriend. The stalked boyfriend loved being kindly (and obviously) stalked and we’ve been together since 🙂

I do wish twitter and FB had been around when I was in college, though–I would have loved to get in on some good ex-stalking action!

18 Sophie March 25, 2010 at 9:57 am

Facebook makes stalking a little too easy. Especially if you are friends with their friends! I hope I am now older and wiser than to do that…uhh yeah 🙂

19 Carla March 25, 2010 at 10:06 am

I took your IM stalking to another level, I lived with a bf and then we broke up but still lived together for 3 mths…ick! Anyway, I found that I could save all of his IM logs and would read through them later…no good!

20 Marianne March 25, 2010 at 10:09 am

OMG. I am crazy too. I actually had to delete my ex-bf from facebook because I checked his profile WAY too much. Keep in mind that this was a year after we broke up, and I was seeing someone else. I didn’t even LIKE him at all, I just felt this compulsion to check what he was up to etc. Lame. Now I kindof regret deleting him – I get such a desire to lurk every once in a while!

21 Kelly March 25, 2010 at 10:09 am

Haha loved this last night on twitter.

22 Morgan @ Life After Bagels March 25, 2010 at 10:13 am

Um it is so crazy to think of you turning the AC on. We don’t control the heat in our apt and it is freezing at night these days. I think the other tenants have turned off the heat because it’s been a little warmer in the day. Last night I slept with full pjs, a house coat, socks, and three blankets.

23 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 25, 2010 at 10:15 am

I remember you going on that cruise quite well, because I think I booked my own cruise that very night. 😉

24 Betsy March 25, 2010 at 10:17 am

I check my ex-boyfriend’s facebook A LOT, even though I’ve been in another (much better!) relationship for over two years. We’re not even friends on facebook, but his profile isn’t private. It’s so bad. One time my current boyfriend saw my internet history and was appalled at how much I had been look at the ex’s FB. I tried to explain that it was just because I’m nosy and like to know that I’m doing better than my ex haha. The BF was still upset, and I totally understand, but I can’t help but look! It’s a bad, bad habit!

25 Amber from Girl with the Red Hair March 25, 2010 at 10:26 am

Haha it’s funny to think it’s so hot there and I’m sitting in my house SHIVERING right now!!!

I used to stalk my ex throughhhh MSN, mostly. That was before facebook or any of those things so I would just watch for him to come on MSN all the time! So funny how times have changed now!

26 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 25, 2010 at 10:26 am

Your bikini is sooo cute 🙂

27 theprocessofhealing March 25, 2010 at 10:27 am

Ahhh I want to move to Florida!!!
Ok now that that is out of my system… haha

I haven’t done anything totally insane, just the usual facebook stalking. Though I did hack into his facebook account at one time… but you know, I don’t know why we do it. It certainly doesn’t make you feel any better!!!

28 Marisa March 25, 2010 at 10:28 am

I use to check my ex’s email account and even though he changed his password several times, I would figure them out! FB has opened up a lot of opportunities for stalking! However, it’s not nice when your hubby’s ex’s are stalking you on FB! ummm hello?!?! really?

29 Ali March 25, 2010 at 10:31 am

I’m really really bad with facebook creeping. I had my ex’s facebook password (until he changed it) and would go on almost every day to see if he was sending/receiving messages. This was also right after we broke up, so I didn’t do it for long. But looking back on it makes me cringe haha. I couldn’t stop myself!

30 stephanie March 25, 2010 at 10:35 am

I may or may not (but definitely did) email hotmail with my exes information asking them to please change the password to his email account… so I could then check his email. Kinda makes me sound a little crazy doesn’ t it? I promise I’m not… :o)

31 Melissa S. March 25, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hahahaha…i love the responses! these are HILARIOUS!

So guilty of many of these things….LOL!

32 Shannon March 25, 2010 at 10:38 am

Haha this topic cracks me up! I’m actually trying to wean myself from stalking (Facebook and AIM, that is) this guy right now. He wasn’t an ex because we never were dating, but he’s one of those “bad boys” that I need to extract from my life! Right now it’s the usual Facebook status update stalking, seeing who commented on his wall, and checking his Away messages, gah, but even that seems to be too much. 😉

33 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 25, 2010 at 10:41 am

I miss that summer weather (and a tan) too!

34 Lacey @ Lake Life March 25, 2010 at 10:42 am

I am SO JEALOUS of your weather. A co-worker just told me our forecast for the evening includes a “wintry mix”. In SPRING 🙁

I’m the worst kind of ex stalker, I still have access to my ex’s emails. I love laughing every time they sign up for random and gross dating sites and it just validates my decision for ending the relationships 🙂

35 missyrayn March 25, 2010 at 10:44 am

I would call and hang up with my ex just to see if he was home. And I did the AIM thing too.

36 Evan Thomas March 25, 2010 at 10:47 am

Confession: I did exactly the same thing as you with an ex-best friend when we fought a ton and ended up “breaking up”. It seems so silly looking back, and I’m glad we’re at least “friendly” now. Otherwise, it would be really awk(one of my newest best friends is his sister, haha).

37 tramey1 March 25, 2010 at 10:51 am

Yummm, I cannot wait til it is smoothie time again! I am with you now though, and feel cold when I drink them in the winter.

I am hoping my current oat obsession won’t fade as the weather heats up. Mr. Quaker will never forgive me!!!

38 Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) March 25, 2010 at 10:52 am

My ex and I are finally friends now. (And I am happily married!) but I still look at his facebook from time to time.

Back when he first broke my heart, I used to do the chat windows/away message thing! all the time!

That green bikini is sooo cute! Victoria’s Secret?

39 Shannon, Tropical Eats March 25, 2010 at 11:00 am

oh my i still facebook creep my ex. it’s so easy to stalk on the internet ! 🙁

40 Lauren @Eat, Drink, and Be Hopeful March 25, 2010 at 11:06 am

Wow-I loved reading these comments! It’s so funny what we will do! I don’t think I did anything THAT crazy, but I’m sure I checked their IM status constantly or would change my path to class so I would pass him. I love smoothies in the summer…so refreshing!

41 Biz March 25, 2010 at 11:15 am

I have never stalked anyone, but a friend of mine did. They broke up – her ex-boyfriend got married – had two kids – and she still would drive by his house almost every day!

42 Lacey @ Lake Life March 25, 2010 at 11:33 am

Speaking of stalking, do you ever worry that exes “stalk” you by reading your blog?

43 Meghann March 25, 2010 at 11:43 am

I was just talking to Derek about that! I totally wonder!

44 Mama Pea March 25, 2010 at 11:52 am

The return of Green Bikini!!!!

45 Anna March 25, 2010 at 11:52 am

I facebook stalk my ex and check up on his profile every now and then. Plus, sometimes when I’m running, I fantasize about running into him and having him see how GREAT my life turned out without him, lol. I’m not bitter or anything 🙂

46 Hallie March 25, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Ha this is a great question! I have never done this but my friend (I swear!) used to do “drive-bys” of ex’s houses…just drive by the house randomly 🙂

47 Hallie March 25, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Oh but I did check my high school boyfriend’s email for a long time after we broke up. He never changed his password!

48 poiseinparma March 25, 2010 at 12:33 pm

We took the same cruise you guys did, but in November 2009. Man do I miss sitting on Coco Cay in the sun with a tropical adult beverage!

49 gavrielski March 25, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I don’t have any stalker comments, but your green smoothie looks AMAZING! I’ve been really into them too, and I eat one every morning with almond milk, strawberries, and spinach. They are so filling and perfect for those warm mornings!

50 Ellie March 25, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I have way too much of a predilection to be a terrible creep. Some guy who totally broke my heart doesn’t have FB or anything but I have spent way too much time sending him drunk-texts, looking at his twitter page obsessively etc. (I actually quit twitter basically with the hopes of getting over him b/c that was my only remaining open line of communication with him).
In college I also used to plan going to the dining hall when I thought the guy I was crazy about would be there, go up and down the stairs a million times (he lived in my dorm on the second floor and I on the third floor) and the like. Ohhhhh . . .

51 Kelly March 25, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I haven’t ever done the stalking the ex thing…I was always too chicken I would get caught! haha!

52 Heather March 25, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I’m going on a cruise to the Bahamas in September and CAN’T WAIT!!!!! I used to get really frustrated because I couldn’t stalk my exes b/c they didn’t have facebook in college haha.

53 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I’m a pretty lame stalker 🙂 Just facebook. hehehe

54 Kerry March 25, 2010 at 1:27 pm

it didnt involve stalking an ex but someone i fancied when i was about 10!! when my mum picked me up form school, we had to drive past his house EVERY day!It wasnt even en route! haha!!

55 Carrie H March 25, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Aaaaahhhhh, I only have one ex that I ended things with on bad terms … and he CREEPED me out, so I never tried to stalk him — he was stalking me. That was, oh, eight years ago now, and I have no idea what happened to him … so I just googled him! I found his myspace, and it’s set to private, but just knowing it was him immediatley gave me the WILLIES! Ugh, eeeewwww, so glad he’s out.of.my.life.

Ha ha ha, what a weird thing to just google on a random Thursday, LOL.

56 Nicci@NiftyEats March 25, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I occassionally frequent their myspace page…hey were still friends. We just don’t talk about our relationships that much. Now, he has gotten me to join ”Loopt” on the Iphone. I think he just wants to know what places I’m at. lol I do know where he is using the app too. LMBO

57 melissa March 25, 2010 at 3:30 pm

just read all your cruise recaps. awesome. I am a google chrome girl

58 feetinmotion March 25, 2010 at 8:11 pm

So jealous of your nice weather!

59 Kerrie March 25, 2010 at 8:22 pm

Ugghhh…I used to call her work number and hang up if she answered and hate if she had an away message on…where could she be without me?? I’m actually turning red writing this!

60 Kerry March 25, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Can you chill on that hammock picture. Not very ladylike to flash your shit around. PS no one wants to see you spread eagle.

61 Ihopemyexdoesntreadthis March 28, 2010 at 4:48 am

I don’t mind seeing her spread eagle : p
I have my ex’s fb password. We are still friends but are no longer dating because she was unable to remain faithful to me. She actually cheated on me several times before I found out. That was six months in, and she was my first love so it was devistating. I ended up taking her back after that with the understanding that she loved me and regretted what she had done, and would not do it again. Six months later we had a bit of a rough patch and she started going out to clubs without me. When I told her that it wasn’t acceptable she got mad and took it further by cheating on me with a guy she was talking to on fb after a drunken night at a dance club. So we broke up and things got ugly. But somehow we are okay with eachother now and are friends. I still log into her fb to see who is messaging her and viseversa. It’s mostly her ex’s And it tends to be pretty flirty. To be honest, it really only hurts me more everytime I do it 🙁