Adjusted

by Meghann on March 23, 2010

Good Morning!!

It’s a  bit cool and windy out this morning, but the weatherman promised me clear and sunny skies this afternoon. Fingers crossed!!

I think my body has finally adjusted to the time change. Only a week late, but what-ever. The good news is I was able to happily jumped out of bed this morning at 5:30am, ready to take on the day. 🙂

I managed to run 5 miles at an easy pace and successfully zoned out with my ipod.

Upon my return a bowl of overnight oats was patiently waiting for me in the fridge.

IMG_2365

• 1/2 cup Oats
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Fat Free Milk
  • Strawberry Preserves
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Cinnamon
  • Chia Seeds
  • Cacao Nibs

IMG_2371

I topped the oats with fresh strawberries, pineapple, granola, and a spoonful of almond butter.

IMG_2375

Twas delicious and refreshing. 🙂

Chevy Girls on the Go…

My newest post for Chevy Girls on the Go is up and it features a fun video I filmed at The Winter Park Art Festival this weekend. You should head over and check it out!

1 Runeatrepeat March 23, 2010 at 9:01 am

I barely adjusted to the time too – a week later!

2 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 23, 2010 at 9:07 am

I have adjusted (finally) as well and even more so…I’m waking up earlier these days. Well, not 5:30 AM :). Going over to see the vid!

3 Kelly March 23, 2010 at 9:07 am

I still don’t feel adjusted 🙁

4 Beth March 23, 2010 at 9:18 am

I was in Puerto Rico on vacation so its an hour ahead, so when I came back the day of the time change, I was on the same time as vacation. Made coming home a LITTLE less painful! 🙂

5 fitandfortysomething March 23, 2010 at 9:20 am

good for you on adjusting to the time change…..i am still having a hard time with how dark it is in the morning……

6 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 23, 2010 at 9:22 am

I love your oats, they’re so colorful!

7 Anna March 23, 2010 at 9:28 am

lol, it took me a really long time to adjust too…must be something in the water!

8 Julia March 23, 2010 at 9:51 am

I had last week off for a “staycation” so it wasn’t as hard getting used to the time change this year.

I am totally addicted to my tupperware also! I use it for anything I can get away with using it for. A lot of times the little bitty containers are used for sauces/dips. I won’t put them on my plate because it might mix with something else and then it will all be ruined (so dramatic!).

9 Lauren H. March 23, 2010 at 9:54 am

I’m also excited for warmer weather in Kansas City!

For a second I thought you had typed CHEWY Girls on the Go and I thought that was an odd blog name. But I get it. Chevy Girls. Got it!

10 theprocessofhealing March 23, 2010 at 9:55 am

Love the video, it looks like you had a blast!!!

11 Sara March 23, 2010 at 10:06 am

Your breakfast always looks so refreshing and delicious 🙂 LOVE it!
Sara

12 britchickruns March 23, 2010 at 10:12 am

Your oats look amaze. Equally amazing is how good you are at getting your camera to focus right, it’s very impressive! I need a new camera BAD!! Have a good day 🙂

13 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 23, 2010 at 10:16 am

seriously, my body still hasn’t adjusted to the time change yet either. i’m so looking forward to the summer when the sun comes up at 5 and i can do my cardio then!

14 Jenny March 23, 2010 at 10:51 am

I’m hoping for warmer weather, too!

15 Katie March 23, 2010 at 10:56 am

Fun video!

16 adrienmelaine March 23, 2010 at 11:32 am

I’ve been waking up at 5am for the past two weeks- the time change always throws me for a loop- especially eating dinner when it’s light (love it!)

17 adrienmelaine March 23, 2010 at 11:32 am

18 Kate March 23, 2010 at 11:33 am

I am totally addicted to Tupperware, too! I usually try to get a variety of sizes (but most are still pretty small) because I use them for portion control, freezing extras, and I am ashamed to admit that sometimes I eat out of them instead of putting stuff on plates to save dirty dishes (blush face). Oh well…my boyfriend thinks that my penchant for Tupperware and eating off small kids’ plates with kids’ silverware (I heart Target’s seasonal plates and bowls) means that we won’t have any functional pieces when we get married…but I’ll be ready for when we have kids!

19 thewhatkateateblog March 23, 2010 at 11:38 am

Those oats look like they have every tasty addition you could ask for! Have a great Tuesday!

20 Catherine March 23, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I think I’m still adjusting to the time change actually… waking up and falling asleep on time has been sorta dificil for me these days. Then again, the fact that’s it’s been gross, dark & rainy the past few mornings probably isn’t helping!

21 Good Taste. Healthy Me March 23, 2010 at 1:08 pm

It’s always tough adjusting time-zone wise. I unfortunately was 3 hours behind when traveling and it was also on the “spring ahead” weekend. That was rough!

22 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm

We have the same weather today. I think I’m gonna try to run, not sure if it’ll be 3 or 5.

23 Kelly March 23, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Good run…and those oats look amazing! 🙂

24 musingsofthegranolagirl March 23, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Delicious lookin’ oats 🙂

25 healthyamy March 24, 2010 at 3:22 pm

It’s this weekend in the UK that the clocks go forward so we are yet to adjust to the new time, i’m looking forward to lighter evenings though.