more ยป" />

Taking Resumes and Eating Fro-Yo

by Meghann on March 19, 2010

I am happy to report the career expo was a success!

My co-workers and I spoke with a lot of eager prospects and collected some great resumes for the internships and various other positions we have open. Now, the fun part comes Monday when we sort through the resumes and start pulling candidates in for interviews. ๐Ÿ™‚

(p.s. Chris in the photo above was my co-worker whose dog Scooby went missing last month. Well, I am happy to report that Scooby was found save and sound this morning! A family had taken Scooby in and have been taken really good care of him since his escape. Still, I bet he can’t wait to go home! ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Set up for the expo began at 10:30 this morning and tear down wasn’t until 2:00. I wasn’t sure where lunch would fit into that picture, so right before we left I had an extra filling snack of dried fruit and shredded wheat.

IMG_2087.JPG

Boxed lunches were provided for all the employers at the event, I grabbed a vegetarian box, but wasn’t impressed.

There was something about the mystery fake meat patty in the sandwich that threw me off.

Instead of eating the boxed lunch, I waited until after the expo was over and walked down the street to a cafe I have been meaning to try in the area.

There was a lot of food here, but I managed to clear the plate (give or take a falafel ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

With pitas.

On my way to the cafe I noticed a new self serve yogurt place that was calling my name.

I stopped in after lunch for a small-ish fro yo loaded with toppings.

The weather was perfect for enjoying this 10oz beauty outside.

In fact the weather was also perfect for a little magazine reading by the lake.

I opted to head straight home after the expo, rather than returning to the office. The weather was too nice to stay inside! I grabbed Maddie and we went for a glorious walk by the water and enjoyed the sun in the grass.

Can you tell Maddie is happy it’s the weekend? ๐Ÿ™‚

Derek is on his way to Orlando and we have a lazy night in planned. We also are going to try our hands at a fun new recipe.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

1 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 19, 2010 at 5:51 pm

How many self serve froyo places are there in FL!?! Share the wealth!! The hot temps today are making me crave some ice cold froyo.

2 Evan Thomas March 19, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Your meal I’m sure was better than any fake meat patty ๐Ÿ™‚ Don’t get me wrong–I love fake meat(that’s part of why I chose to give it up for Lent), but random fake meat I do not know the ingredients of I quickly avoid

3 Sara @ ActiveGal March 19, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I am seriously going to go and find some froyo tonight!! You make it hard to resist with posts like these! Have a great night, hope your recipe turns out to be delicious!

4 Lexi March 19, 2010 at 5:54 pm

You guys are having some glorious weather. I am jealous of all of your fro yo shops. I hope wherever I relocate after I finish graduate school has lots of fro yo shops.

Have a good evening!

You should share some tips for those applying for our first jobs post graduate school. How did you land your first job?

Thanks for sharing.

5 Erin March 19, 2010 at 5:57 pm

What a fun day — great food AND fun in the park! Yum — is it lunchtime yet??? ๐Ÿ˜‰

6 britchickruns March 19, 2010 at 6:18 pm

That looks like such a lovely day – good call on leaving that lunch they provided. I’ve found at events where they give you lunch/dinner, unless it’s a very fancy event, they’re never good ๐Ÿ™
Beautiful weather and I’m glad Scooby is back! My aun’ts dogs did a runner yesterday (one of them has a broken leg…not good!) but they returned safe and sound today too ๐Ÿ™‚
Have a good evening!

7 Babycakes March 19, 2010 at 6:31 pm

so happy to hear about Scooby! And I’m loving all the delish food in this post! ๐Ÿ™‚

8 Kelly March 19, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Aww fun afternoon with Madie and now a fun weekend with Derek. Enjoy!

9 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 19, 2010 at 7:52 pm

I wasn`t aware that Lebanese food was a `powerhouse`

Maddie is too cute!

10 Macrae March 19, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Yay for Scoobie and Chris!!

11 Amy March 19, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Love self-serve froyo. You’re lucky that you have so many places near you!

Ironic–I went to a career fair this morning! Except I was on the other side of it ๐Ÿ˜€ Handing out my resume and such.

Enjoy the nice weather!

12 Heather March 19, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Yay for Scooby’s safe return!! Eww I’d be scared of mystery meat in a boxed lunch too….

13 Molly March 19, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Ohhh I wish there was fro-yo where I lived besides TCBY.. for real.

14 Cynthia (It All Changes) March 19, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Glad it went well and you and Maddie enjoyed your afternoon :0-)

15 Heather March 19, 2010 at 9:02 pm

how fun! i love magazine reading by the lake…what a gorgeous day! hope you guys have a great night!

16 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 19, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Fro-yo and sunshine sounds like a great day to me!

17 ms March 19, 2010 at 9:49 pm

you have got to be kidding me!!!!!! i was at that lake this afternoon, also!!!

i have been reading your blog for a few months and think i’ve commented once or twice before, but couldn’t just read tonight and not comment!! my kids go to school right there by the park and we were there after school today….after a stop at jeremiah’s, of course.

anyway, love your blog. i love all your restaurant adventures since they’re all within my reach, so to speak.

have a good weekend!!!!

18 Dynamics March 19, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Aweee…Maddie is soooooooo cute!!

19 Kayla March 19, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Oh yay, I’d been wondering about Scooby! Such good news. Seriously though, how many yogurt places do you guys have?! ๐Ÿ™‚ It looks like Maddie had a blast ๐Ÿ™‚

20 Jenna March 19, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Great lunch and fro yoooo

21 theprocessofhealing March 19, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I’d say your decision for holding out for lunch was a GOOD one. So many options on that menu.. don’t know who you chose!

22 Jenny March 19, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Don’t ya love fro yo? I had some today too:)

23 Amy March 20, 2010 at 8:00 am

Scooby being taken care of and making it home just made my whole weekend. I love happy endings!

24 rachel March 20, 2010 at 8:28 am

Sounds like you had a great day! Good call on skipping the mystery meat sandwich – it looks a bit shady to me ๐Ÿ™‚ And your lunch later on looks fabulous. I am also so jealous of all the self-serve fro yo places you seems to have in FL. I have never heard of such a thing before! The pics of Maddie are so cute! Maddie really does look like she is smiling and I LOVE it!

25 Jes March 24, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I just discovered Tutti Frutti last weekend, and I am in love! I found out there is a place near UCF as well called Yogurt Topia that is the same concept. I have not been to that one yet, but according to the menu online they even have green tea flavored frozen yogurt. I definitely want to try it!