A St. Patty’s Day Quesadilla

by Meghann on March 17, 2010

I wasn’t kidding when I said the Irish Soda Bread filled me up this morning.

Somehow a half hour meeting turned into a two hour meeting this morning that went right past snack time. Usually I would have been chewing my arm off if a meeting caused me to skip my midmorning snack, but by the time I made it back to my desk at 11:00 I was still content from breakfast. No snack was needed. A rare occurrence in graduatemeghann land. 🙂

By noon the content feeling had wore off and I was more than ready to dig in to the yummy lunch I prepared at home.

IMG_1951

Before I left for lunch I was g-chatting with Melissa and asked her what I should make. She suggested a quesadilla and I immediately called her a genius. 🙂

IMG_1953

I filled my quesadilla with hummus, pepper jack cheese, peppers, and mushrooms.

IMG_1943

Then grilled it in the george foreman until the cheese was melty.

IMG_1945

Check out that filling!

IMG_1962

Since it is St. Patty’s Day and all, I decided my meal needed some Green.

IMG_1961

A spinach salad topped with carrot, cashews, dried cherries and some salsa.

🙂

Check out my latest Chevy Girls on the Go post – ‘Navigating with OnStar’ while you’re there (and are a Florida resident) take a moment to vote for me as your favorite blogger and enter for a chance to win a girlfriend’s getaway in Miami!

I have an appointment with a personal trainer after work this evening that came as a package deal when I signed on with my gym membership. I have two free PT sessions and tonight’s session includes a complete body assessment. I’ve never had a complete body assessment done and I can’t wait to hear what she has to say.

Have you ever had a complete body assessment done at your gym? What did you think of the process?

1 whitinspired March 17, 2010 at 1:50 pm

The one I had at my gym was disappointing. The trainer made me do squats, pushups and then a one minute plank and then told me I was “average”. And that was pretty much my fitness assessment. Hopefully yours is a little more helpful!

2 Beth March 17, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Yum! That quesadilla looks so good. Do you usually cook the veggies first or just put them in there raw?

3 britchickruns March 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I’ve never had a complete fitness test – I’d love to though, it’d be fascinating to see the results 🙂
Love your lunch!

4 Carolyn March 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I LOVE making quesadillas! Sounds like the perfext plan for dinner tonight.

5 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I love when something tasty fills you up for hours! It makes for a happy mouth and tummy…and worth it in the end.

6 BroccoliHut March 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Beautiful quesadilla–I use the same method, with the good ol’ George Foreman:)
I’ve never had a complete body assessment, but I did get the opportunity to get my body composition done in a BodPod as part of a class. Very informative!

7 Melissa S. March 17, 2010 at 2:03 pm

i’ve never had a whole body assessment but want to get one!

8 Jenny March 17, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Beawre of body assessments and gym trainers trying to sell you training sessions!

9 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 17, 2010 at 2:17 pm

i had an assessment done but it didn’t tell me anything that I couldn’t have figured out on my bioimpedence scale at home!

10 Kelly March 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I’ve always wanted to do one, but I don’t trust the results at my gym. They measure body fat by having you hold this thing with both hands and squeeze. How that measures body fat I do not know, plus our trainers look like degenerate fools.

11 musingsofthegranolagirl March 17, 2010 at 3:13 pm

My gym does exactly this too! and most of the trainers are overweight and out of shape!

12 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I’ve never had an assessment but I would love to!!

13 missyrayn March 17, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I’m always leary of Gym trainers trying to sell more training. I had one done with my outside trainer that was more informative.

BTW I love the George Quesadilla. My stomach is feeling better so this may be dinner.

14 Anna March 17, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I’ve never done one…but it sure would be interesting! I think I might be a little bit afraid to hear what they have to say!

15 Becky @ flybynyght March 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I would love to do a full assessment! When I joined my gym I got one free personal training with a PT and it was pretty good. He put me through a real workout. Unfortunately he kept telling me to not worry about remembering the individual exercises as he’d give me notes on them, and of course, a year and a half later…where are my notes buddy!?!?

16 7daysgrace March 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I love the green stuff, spinach. You might like arugula – very addictive green stuff used in salads too. Kind of peppery but flavorful. Beautiful pictures again.

17 Bree@beeskneeslife March 17, 2010 at 3:15 pm

The free assessments I have had were underwhelming to say the least. They told me things I already knew and things I knew weren’t true (like that a female my age should have a body fat % of under 15% ummm no) in order to sell me packages. That is how commercial gyms make their money. I consider myself lucky that I am fairly educated in the ways of fitness and nutrition to know better then to believe their sales pitch! I guess my advice is be wary of what they tell you and hopefully your gym is better then the other commercial gyms I have belonged to (and belong to currently).

18 Whit March 17, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Your quesadilla maketh me want one.

19 tramey1 March 17, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Major yum to the Quesadilla!!!!!!!!

20 Matt March 17, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I actually have done a complete body assessment. They told me a lot of information, but most of it I already knew. I didn’t change anything based on the information I was giving.

21 christina cadden March 17, 2010 at 4:25 pm

mm, looks good!

22 Lara (Thinspired) March 17, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Your quesadilla looks delicious! I really need to invest in a George Foreman!

I actually have done a fitness assessment at my old gym. Not trying to spam you here, but I did a write-up on the whole experience, if you’re intersted! http://www.thinspiredblog.com/2009/08/how-fit-am-i/

It was a lot of work just to be told that I’m pretty much average! I thought, “well I could have told you that!” I’m sure you’ll score much better than I did, so it might be interesting!

23 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 17, 2010 at 4:55 pm

oooh that lunch looks so yummy! Love it!!

24 Julie @ Wearing Mascara March 17, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Good luck at the gym! I’m really interested to know how the assessment goes. My mom just joined a gym and they are doing one for her too so I wonder if it will be similar.

25 cara March 17, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I make my quesadillas in the foreman as well. It makes them perfect and FAST!

26 fitandfortysomething March 17, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I have had the full body assessment done a few times. Not too impressed plus you never know how accurate everything is. A real body fat test is the water test and they never do that!
Your quesadilla looks great 🙂

27 Jenna March 17, 2010 at 8:25 pm

yummy lunch!

28 kirsten March 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I had a body assessment done and I left feeling awful, the trainer told me I should lose 14 pounds, I am 5’9 and 140! If I got down to 126 I would be unhealthy. Ughhh, I hate my gym.

29 Emilyeatsclean March 17, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Just had a “Why didn’t I think of that moment???” Never thought to make quesidillas on the george forman….thanks for another great idea!!

-emily http://emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com

30 usfmeg25 March 18, 2010 at 10:34 am

I think I had a body assessment. I don’t really know to be honest. ha! Basically, I went up to a trainer at my gym (La Fitness) just to get my body fat percentage checked. He calculated it using a little handheld devise… said my body fat percentage was ideal for an athlete… then he proceeded to give me a free PT session. He said I had a very strong core.