A St. Patty’s Day Quesadilla

by Meghann on March 17, 2010

I wasn’t kidding when I said the Irish Soda Bread filled me up this morning.

Somehow a half hour meeting turned into a two hour meeting this morning that went right past snack time. Usually I would have been chewing my arm off if a meeting caused me to skip my midmorning snack, but by the time I made it back to my desk at 11:00 I was still content from breakfast. No snack was needed. A rare occurrence in graduatemeghann land. 🙂

By noon the content feeling had wore off and I was more than ready to dig in to the yummy lunch I prepared at home.

Before I left for lunch I was g-chatting with Melissa and asked her what I should make. She suggested a quesadilla and I immediately called her a genius. 🙂

I filled my quesadilla with hummus, pepper jack cheese, peppers, and mushrooms.

Then grilled it in the george foreman until the cheese was melty.

Check out that filling!

Since it is St. Patty’s Day and all, I decided my meal needed some Green.

A spinach salad topped with carrot, cashews, dried cherries and some salsa.

Check out my latest Chevy Girls on the Go post – ‘Navigating with OnStar’ while you’re there (and are a Florida resident) take a moment to vote for me as your favorite blogger and enter for a chance to win a girlfriend’s getaway in Miami!

I have an appointment with a personal trainer after work this evening that came as a package deal when I signed on with my gym membership. I have two free PT sessions and tonight’s session includes a complete body assessment. I’ve never had a complete body assessment done and I can’t wait to hear what she has to say.

Have you ever had a complete body assessment done at your gym? What did you think of the process?

1 whitinspired March 17, 2010 at 1:50 pm

The one I had at my gym was disappointing. The trainer made me do squats, pushups and then a one minute plank and then told me I was “average”. And that was pretty much my fitness assessment. Hopefully yours is a little more helpful!

2 Beth March 17, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Yum! That quesadilla looks so good. Do you usually cook the veggies first or just put them in there raw?

3 britchickruns March 17, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I’ve never had a complete fitness test – I’d love to though, it’d be fascinating to see the results 🙂
Love your lunch!

4 Carolyn March 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I LOVE making quesadillas! Sounds like the perfext plan for dinner tonight.

5 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm

I love when something tasty fills you up for hours! It makes for a happy mouth and tummy…and worth it in the end.

6 BroccoliHut March 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Beautiful quesadilla–I use the same method, with the good ol’ George Foreman:)
I’ve never had a complete body assessment, but I did get the opportunity to get my body composition done in a BodPod as part of a class. Very informative!

7 Melissa S. March 17, 2010 at 2:03 pm

i’ve never had a whole body assessment but want to get one!

8 Jenny March 17, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Beawre of body assessments and gym trainers trying to sell you training sessions!

9 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 17, 2010 at 2:17 pm

i had an assessment done but it didn’t tell me anything that I couldn’t have figured out on my bioimpedence scale at home!

10 Kelly March 17, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I’ve always wanted to do one, but I don’t trust the results at my gym. They measure body fat by having you hold this thing with both hands and squeeze. How that measures body fat I do not know, plus our trainers look like degenerate fools.

11 musingsofthegranolagirl March 17, 2010 at 3:13 pm

My gym does exactly this too! and most of the trainers are overweight and out of shape!

12 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm

I’ve never had an assessment but I would love to!!

13 missyrayn March 17, 2010 at 2:41 pm

I’m always leary of Gym trainers trying to sell more training. I had one done with my outside trainer that was more informative.

BTW I love the George Quesadilla. My stomach is feeling better so this may be dinner.

14 Anna March 17, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I’ve never done one…but it sure would be interesting! I think I might be a little bit afraid to hear what they have to say!

15 Becky @ flybynyght March 17, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I would love to do a full assessment! When I joined my gym I got one free personal training with a PT and it was pretty good. He put me through a real workout. Unfortunately he kept telling me to not worry about remembering the individual exercises as he’d give me notes on them, and of course, a year and a half later…where are my notes buddy!?!?

16 7daysgrace March 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I love the green stuff, spinach. You might like arugula – very addictive green stuff used in salads too. Kind of peppery but flavorful. Beautiful pictures again.

17 Bree@beeskneeslife March 17, 2010 at 3:15 pm

The free assessments I have had were underwhelming to say the least. They told me things I already knew and things I knew weren’t true (like that a female my age should have a body fat % of under 15% ummm no) in order to sell me packages. That is how commercial gyms make their money. I consider myself lucky that I am fairly educated in the ways of fitness and nutrition to know better then to believe their sales pitch! I guess my advice is be wary of what they tell you and hopefully your gym is better then the other commercial gyms I have belonged to (and belong to currently).

18 Whit March 17, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Your quesadilla maketh me want one.

19 tramey1 March 17, 2010 at 3:24 pm

Major yum to the Quesadilla!!!!!!!!

20 Matt March 17, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I actually have done a complete body assessment. They told me a lot of information, but most of it I already knew. I didn’t change anything based on the information I was giving.

21 christina cadden March 17, 2010 at 4:25 pm

mm, looks good!

22 Lara (Thinspired) March 17, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Your quesadilla looks delicious! I really need to invest in a George Foreman!

I actually have done a fitness assessment at my old gym. Not trying to spam you here, but I did a write-up on the whole experience, if you’re intersted!

It was a lot of work just to be told that I’m pretty much average! I thought, “well I could have told you that!” I’m sure you’ll score much better than I did, so it might be interesting!

23 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 17, 2010 at 4:55 pm

oooh that lunch looks so yummy! Love it!!

24 Julie @ Wearing Mascara March 17, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Good luck at the gym! I’m really interested to know how the assessment goes. My mom just joined a gym and they are doing one for her too so I wonder if it will be similar.

25 cara March 17, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I make my quesadillas in the foreman as well. It makes them perfect and FAST!

26 fitandfortysomething March 17, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I have had the full body assessment done a few times. Not too impressed plus you never know how accurate everything is. A real body fat test is the water test and they never do that!
Your quesadilla looks great 🙂

27 Jenna March 17, 2010 at 8:25 pm

yummy lunch!

28 kirsten March 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I had a body assessment done and I left feeling awful, the trainer told me I should lose 14 pounds, I am 5’9 and 140! If I got down to 126 I would be unhealthy. Ughhh, I hate my gym.

29 Emilyeatsclean March 17, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Just had a “Why didn’t I think of that moment???” Never thought to make quesidillas on the george forman….thanks for another great idea!!

30 usfmeg25 March 18, 2010 at 10:34 am

I think I had a body assessment. I don’t really know to be honest. ha! Basically, I went up to a trainer at my gym (La Fitness) just to get my body fat percentage checked. He calculated it using a little handheld devise… said my body fat percentage was ideal for an athlete… then he proceeded to give me a free PT session. He said I had a very strong core.