A Day of Green

by Meghann on March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty’s Day!

I’m glad you all enjoyed my trip down memory lane! I love looking back at old photos, especially ones from college!

A few answers to the questions about the photos..

• Yes, my chest was a bit larger back in the day. Throughout college I wore a 36D, but when I started loosing weight the breasts were the first things to go. I dropped to a 34B and have never looked back. Larger breasts aren’t as fun as they seem. If I had the option to go bigger I wouldn’t do it in a heartbeat, however; the option to go perkier would be another thing all together…
  • I can’t believe someone recognized Emily from the photos! Yes, that’s my BFF Emily! We actually hung out for the first time at St. Patty’s Day 2005 and always refer to that as our friendship anniversary. Happy Friendship Anniversary Emily!! I can’t believe we met 5 years ago today!
  • Last, but not least, yes I knew Anthony before he became Kelly’s Anthony. Anthony was roommates with my ex-boyfriend in college and my ex and I would hang out with Anthony all the time. I always tease Kelly that when ever her and Anthony get married one day I have a boatload of embarrassing stories to share in my toast that involve Anthony. Kelly and Anthony knew each other in passing as well, but it wasn’t until a trip to Ft. Lauderdale together in May of 2008 that they decided they liked each other. Well, I think they liked each other before then, but my guess is a couple of yard long drinks and an infamous straw (don’t ask) was what sealed the deal for those two.

I think I got them all there. ;)

This morning I started St. Patty’s Day off with a 6 mile run. I got out the door a little later than usual and my garmin took forever to sync (when will I ever learn my lesson to set it outside ahead of time?!?!), so my run had to be a speedy one to make sure I covered all 6 miles. I ended up keeping under a 9:00 minute pace and made it back to the apartment just in time for a quick stretch and shower.

The great breakfast waiting for me back home was all the motivation I needed during my run.

IMG_1936

Particularly this big hunk of Irish Soda Bread warmed under the broiler and slathered with almond butter.

IMG_1929

Such a filling and tasty combo. Would it be wrong to eat the same thing for lunch to? Nom Nom Nom :)

I balanced out the huge chunk of bread with a fruit and yogurt cup that contained a plum, strawberries, cacao nibs, plain yogurt, and a sprinkle of granola.

IMG_1931

Surprisingly this was a very filling breakfast. I fell STUFFED. I blame it on the very dense bread. :)

I’m off to a meeting.

Have a great St. Patty’s Day everyone!!

1 megan March 17, 2010 at 8:58 am

that bread looks so good! Good job getting all your miles in, even with a late start :)

2 Jenny March 17, 2010 at 8:58 am

Can you get permission to tell us the infamous straw story? Sounds scandalous!

3 Jordan March 17, 2010 at 9:07 am

I second you on the big boobs thing. At a 36C, it’s hard to find bathing suits and cute summer dresses that don’t fit weird. Running doesn’t always feel so great either.

4 Beth March 17, 2010 at 9:13 am

I hear you on the bra thing – I went from a 38DD to a 36B! crazy.

5 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 17, 2010 at 12:16 pm

wow! that is a huge difference!

6 britchickruns March 17, 2010 at 9:13 am

Ughg my garmin takes forever to sync too – I thought it was just me!! I’m glad it’s ALL garmins. I always leave my house 5mins early now :p

7 Rachel (Running Rachel) March 17, 2010 at 9:15 am

Happy St. Paddy’s Day! (which is what we call it here (England) – not sure where the ‘Patty’ came from!?)

Can’t believe someone emailed you to ask if your breasts were bigger! :D

8 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 17, 2010 at 9:25 am

I miss those college celebrations! Definitely not the same when you’re stuck in a cubicle ;-)

9 Can You Stay for Dinner March 17, 2010 at 9:31 am

Delicious breakfast! I just made a homemade Irish Soda Bread last night and toasted up a slice this morning for breakfast- so delicious. I hope you have a great green day!

10 Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 17, 2010 at 9:37 am

You’re lucky that your boobs were the first to go! I lose weight everywhere BUT there, so i end up looking even bigger!

11 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 17, 2010 at 9:41 am

I am always amazed at how fast of a runner you are! I have yet to average under a 10 minute mile.

12 musingsofthegranolagirl March 17, 2010 at 9:43 am

Have a great St Patty’s day! Love the irish soda bread :)

13 Erin (Texan Couture) March 17, 2010 at 9:44 am

I have never had Irish Soda Bread, I wonder where I can find that here in Austin. It looks delicious!

14 Evan Thomas March 17, 2010 at 9:47 am

Your situation with Kelly and Anthony sounds just like my dad and our family friends(who I now just call aunt and uncle). Of course you need to give kelly all the dirt :-)

15 lizrunsdc March 17, 2010 at 9:52 am

My garmin does the same thing! Sometimes it can take almost 10 minutes to sync. At home I put it on my mailbox while I get ready, but when I run from the office I can’t really do that. So usually I estimate a 9 min/mile pace and do an out and back route so I know the exact mileage (because I am addicted to knowing the numbers thanks to the Garmin!)

Love the college pics! I miss those days too.

16 Lo-Jo March 17, 2010 at 9:53 am

When I originally GAINED a large amount of weight, I went from 32A to 38D. Even though I’ve lost and kept off 50 lbs, the cup size didn’t go back down…kinda wish it would. Running can be a b%^#$ sometimes.

17 Amy @ Second City Randomness March 17, 2010 at 9:56 am

I’m right with you with the shrinking tata’s. I was a full “C” during a good chunk of my college years. People look at me in shock when I say that now… Damn runner’s boobs. So small… :p

18 theprocessofhealing March 17, 2010 at 10:02 am

I have some of the same bread and i’m thinking French Toast for dinner with it… Mmmmm…

So cute about Anthony! Isn’t it funny how things work out sometimes?

19 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 17, 2010 at 10:05 am

I hate standing outside in the cold waiting for the Garmin to sync!

20 Jocelyn @ Peace.Love.Nutrition March 17, 2010 at 10:11 am

HAppt st PAtty’s!!

21 biz319 March 17, 2010 at 10:13 am

I was kind of pissed when my boobs were the first thing to go, but I don’t have back pain anymore, so that’s something!

Happy St. Patty’s Day!

22 Matt March 17, 2010 at 10:16 am

Haha thanks for clearing those things up ;)

23 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 17, 2010 at 10:28 am

i love that you addressed the boob thing…i used to be much smaller before i gained weight, and i have my fingers crossed that since i’m losing now they’ll shrink again! big boobs tend to get in the way…. :)

24 Kelly March 17, 2010 at 10:32 am

Ah boobs, what’s it like to have those. I swear I’ve been a 34 A/32 B forever. Sigh, oh well. And I had some Irish soda bread this morning also, delicious!

25 Stephanie March 17, 2010 at 10:41 am

Happy St. Patty’s Day!
Totally unrelated comment to your post, but when you go on longer runs (6 miles+) do you bring anything (water, goo, chapstick, etc.) and what do you carry it in?? I’m a new runner/blogger and am trying to figure out the best way to carry essentials on a run! Thanks!

26 Meghann March 17, 2010 at 11:02 am

I bring water on runs 10 miles or longer and goo on anything 12 + :)

27 fromatopink March 17, 2010 at 11:06 am

I feel ya on the big boobs. They aren’t as fun as people think. It makes shopping for clothes hard (going bra-less is an impossibility) and bathing suits even harder. They do have SOME benefits though ;) Loved seeing pics from your past! Happy St. Patty’s Day. :)

28 skinnyrunner March 17, 2010 at 11:54 am

i have no idea what soda bread is but yours looks pretty darn tasty.
happy st pattys!

29 missyrayn March 17, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I hear ya on the boobs. I had a 38DDD before the weight loss and now I’m a 36C. I wish they weren’t so saggy but I like the lighter load.

30 Sara @ ActiveGal March 17, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I had the same thing happen to my boobs! I started picking up my running and really working out more and I dropped a cup size! I don’t like it very much :( Why can’t we just choose where the weight comes off of! :)

31 Catherine March 17, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Ugh, unfortunately I’m little and still have 32D’s – not fun for a distance runner, but other than that I’m not complainin’;)

Oooh Irish soda bread – that’s the third blog i’ve seen with some. I think I need to do a little baking tonight…

32 Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle March 17, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Oh boobs… mine definitely increased and shrank with weight in college. My sister and mom think I’m crazy when I say I wish they were smaller still- they aren’t that fun. Makes shirts fit weird, running is harder, and I don’t really care about cleavage! I stopped by Great Harvest and they were out so I must go back later!

33 Sweet Cheeks March 17, 2010 at 12:57 pm

small boobs are way better! I don’t know about you, but I will pass on two huge balloons knocking all over the place on me.

34 Katie C March 17, 2010 at 4:09 pm

How far do you live from where you work? I would love to work out in the mornings too, but my commute is a bit further and not sure I would have enough time!

35 Meghann March 17, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I’m spolied. I only live 10 minutes from work. :)

36 Lauren @ Running Examiner March 17, 2010 at 4:42 pm

I am very, very pleased to wear a 32B–it makes my life much easier!

37 Taryn March 18, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Trick for your Garmin – set it on the window sill before you put your shoes on. By the time your shoes are tied, it will be synced. Works every time!