more ยป" />

Cycling

by Meghann on March 12, 2010

I think I found a new love in the cycling class I took this morning!

My heart rate was racing the majority of the class and I left covered in sweat! Derek always makes comments on how I never sweat.. well trust me I was sweating today. I left cycling drenched!

The best part about the class I took was our instructor. He made the class fun with great music that he would sing and dance along to to pump us up. In the future I will have to seek out the classes that he teaches.

I noticed a few people had taken the 5:45am body pump class before cycling. I would love to try that combo next week. 45 minutes of body pump + 1 hour of cycling sounds like a great work out to me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cycling took a lot out of me. By the time I made it to work this morning I was famished and ready to dive into my packed breakfast.

IMG_1568

IMG_1571

Once again the Fit & Fresh Breakfast Chiller is AMAZING.

IMG_1572

It kept my yogurt cold.

IMG_1574

And my cereal dry.

IMG_1573

Well, until I decided to combine the two.

IMG_1580

With 1/2 a peach freshly chopped on top.

IMG_1578

On the go perfection. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sarahโ€™s Strength Training Plan

(*please note that Sarah is not a certified PT. Please consult a professional if you would like a catered strength training plan to fit your needs. I am just posting this at the request of several commenters*)

The last two days have information overload when it comes to strength training, but in a good way. Sarah has so much knowledge that it becomes difficult to soak it all in without forgetting it all. There is just too much to remember!

Luckily, Sarah noticed the dazed off looks I was giving her when I was trying to take it all in and created these nifty outlines of both of our sessions.

(click to enlarge)

Strength_Training-Meghann[1]-1

Strength_Training-Meghann[1]-2

Sarah broke each day into upper and lower body segments. She recommends choosing two moves from each muscle group for the upper body plan and then running through the lower body as is.

Iโ€™m going to start of strength training two or three days a week dedicating a day to upper body, a day to lower body, and maybe throwing a body pump class in there as well.

Iโ€™ve never had a dedicated approach to strength training before, so this is a first for me. I excited to see where this leads!

Lift Your Sole Discount

Remember the great company I raved about at the Disneyโ€™s Fit For a Princess Expo called Lift Your Sole?

noname

Well, let me refresh your memory!

Lift Your Sole is a small company that focuses on inspirational running themed accessories. I loved all of their stuff because itโ€™s so girlie and fashionable.

Just this morning I was wearing my new favorite necklace Lift Your Sole gave me to review.

IMG_1581

It reads โ€œ 26.2 โ€“ Courange to Stat โ€“ Strength to Endure โ€“ Resolve to Finishโ€  I love that quote! I also love the stretchy cord it comes on. Itโ€™s perfect for running, swimming, biking or any other form of activity because of the elasticity and inability to tangle with my headphones.

Because I RAVED about the jewelry so much, Lift Your Sole has decided to run a special promotion for all Inner Workingsโ€ฆ readers.

Head over to www.liftyoursole.com before midnight tonight and use the code Meghann15 for 15% off of your entire order.

The code is only good until midnight, so use it quick! ๐Ÿ™‚

1 britchickruns March 12, 2010 at 11:03 am

๐Ÿ˜ฎ Yay! Thankyou so much to Sarah for the strength training plan, fab!!
And gosh wow, brave if you go for a 5.45am class THEN cycling…fierce! Do you eat before you workout? I could never do it all on a totally empty stomach :s
I want that breakfast chiller thing too..I wish they sold it in England! Maybe Amazon do…Have a good day!

2 Evan Thomas March 12, 2010 at 11:03 am

That’s awesome that you’ve found a class you love! That makes the workout so much more exhilerating and effective.
That container seems so handy! i could definitely use one when I have early class

3 Heather March 12, 2010 at 11:04 am

I sweat SO much more in spin class than anything else, I love it! Oh and that’s my favorite running quote ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete March 12, 2010 at 11:05 am

I LOVE spin class! After taking it for 5 years, I finally decided to teach it! I love motivating others to push past their comfort zone and have fun at the same time! Glad you’re loving it!

5 megzzwinsatlife March 12, 2010 at 11:05 am

awww what a cute necklace.. I printed out the training plan and I am going to try and work on some of the exercises I can do from home since I no longer belong to a gym.

6 Heather March 12, 2010 at 11:13 am

i keep thinking i’d join a gym solely for the spin classes! i love it, it’s a great workout that’s low-impact but great for endurance! love that necklace too ๐Ÿ™‚ happy friday meghann!

7 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 12, 2010 at 11:31 am

Love that pendant!

8 Kelly March 12, 2010 at 11:32 am

Thanks to you and Sarah for posting that strength training plan!

9 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 12, 2010 at 11:44 am

Wow love the strength training plan! I always have a tough time motivating myself with non-cardio activities ๐Ÿ˜‰

10 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self March 12, 2010 at 11:45 am

Isn’t it amazing how a great instructor can totally make a class?

11 glutenfreecitygirl March 12, 2010 at 11:49 am

Have you ever taken body pump before?! Body pump is my favorite!! I love it! It’s such a good workout…it’s different than straight up lifting but it incorporates cardio and endurance lifting, which is great!

12 Jamie in Arkansas March 12, 2010 at 11:49 am

I spin at least twice a week as my cross-training. It keeps my cardiovascular system pumping and I think it’s improved my running! Makes your legs strong too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey Meghann – is there anyway to make those plans a pdf file. When I click to enlarge, the file is really small and doesn’t print out well – it’s fuzzy. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Beth G March 12, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I also can’t print them..they don’t actually enlarge when I click them. I’d also love a pdf or word file!! It looks like a great workout

I have a gym membership but I feel just like you did..I don’t know WHAT to do when I get there to make a difference. This workout from Sarah looks awesome and gives me some direction :o)

14 biz319 March 12, 2010 at 11:56 am

Okay, I need to put air in my tires, you are making me miss my spin class!

Thanks to Sarah for such a great strenth training program – totally going to steal it!

Happy Friday! ๐Ÿ˜€

15 Alsman March 12, 2010 at 11:59 am

Have you ever taken body pump before?! Body pump is my favorite!! I love it! It's such a good workout…it's different than straigh6 up lifting but it incorporates vardio and endurance lifting, which is great!;

16 Can You Stay for Dinner March 12, 2010 at 11:59 am

Awesome job on getting your bum to spin! I’m really inspired to give it another try!
have a great day!

17 Lauren @ A Fit Foodie March 12, 2010 at 12:08 pm

I love the Lift Your Sole necklace and the quote on it. How very true!!

Way to go for spin class. That is one thing I do miss about having a gym membership… is all the classes!!

18 Lauren @ Running Examiner March 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Spinning is quite fun! I like doing it once or twice a week. It’s especially great if/when you have a running injury, because it allows you to still get in a great workout with putting too much pressure on the affected area. (I unfortunately speak from personal experience this week).

19 Mama Pea March 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Derek got super nervous reading the first line of this post.

20 theprocessofhealing March 12, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Thanks so much for the code, I’m so heading over there right now to check it out!
And very nice strength training plan. When I am able to go back to the gym, I’m going to try that. I NEED a plan because if I just wing it, doesn’t work so much…
The body pump AND the cycling sounds so intense but awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€

21 Derek March 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm

hmm, I’m not sure about this one. Where’s your sweaty meghann picture??

22 cara March 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm

your yogurt tupperware is awesome. I need one of those. where did you get it??

23 Kyra March 12, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Thanks for the site and code! I just ordered a necklace for my nieces birthday, she does triathlons and her signature is tri-girl! They had the perfect charm for her!

24 Lacey March 12, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for the coupon code for the lift your sole jewelry ๐Ÿ™‚ I picked up myself something, and something for my friend who is training for her first half marathon ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Meghann March 12, 2010 at 4:25 pm

What did you get?!?! I’m thinking about ordering more stuff too! ๐Ÿ™‚

26 Kath March 12, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Looks like a great strength plan!!

27 Ajay March 13, 2010 at 3:23 am

Hi Meghann, have been following your blog for awhile but have never commented before. Bodypump is an awesome program (I teach two other Les Mills programs, Bodystep and Bodybalance – known as bodyflow in North America).

Biggest tip I can give you – in your first class, KEEP YOUR WEIGHTS LIGHT. Don’t try and do the same as what you would do in the weight room. It’s high-rep and endurance based. I clearly remember my first class. I was cursing the instructor everytime I stood up for about 3 days!!

28 Anne March 13, 2010 at 8:31 am

Is there any way you could post the workout plan bigger? When I click on them, they actually become smaller and I can’t read them…

29 Jenna March 13, 2010 at 8:58 am

Glad u enjoyed the class!

30 Lizzy March 13, 2010 at 9:32 am

Hey Meghann- Can you email me or post the workout plan bigger? I would love to have a plan to follow. When I get off the treadmill or finish a class, I usually just stretch and I really need to get better about lifting! Would love to see it! Thanks!!!

31 Frank March 14, 2010 at 8:17 am

Hello-

My name is Frank, and I’m writing from Global Ride Productions (www.globalride.net). We make virtual cycling training DVDs for indoor cycling. As a cycling blogger, we thought you might be interested in writing a review of our product. We are willing to send you one of our Italy DVDs, something we sell on our site for $30 plus shipping, in exchange for you writing a review. You don’t have to send the DVD back โ€“ itโ€™s our thank you for helping spread the word about a new approach to training.

Our virtual cycling DVDs are different from any others you may have tried. We travel to a new country every year, have multiple coaching tracks on every DVD, licensed music, and bonus yoga, pilates or strength training sessions designed for cyclists at the end of every ride. They’re a great product and we just want to spread the word.

Also, If you are interested in coaching one of these for an upcoming project, please let us know as well. We are always looking for new voice/coaching talent โ€“ the main ingredients are cycling knowledge, enthusiasm and a decent microphone setup. In exchange for coaching, we give you super exposure on our website, in the credits, and even in the navigation menu of the DVD itself.

If you’d like to do a review, or be considered for coaching, just shoot me back a message with a mailing address and we can discuss it.

Please drop me a line if you want the DVD.

Thanks!