Another Monday Morning

by Meghann on March 8, 2010

Is it Monday already?

Another weekend flew by at lightening speed! Where does the time go?

I’m planning on hitting the pool at my new gym after work, so I decided to take it easy with a 3 mile run this morning. The weather was in the low 50s and absolutely perfect for an early morning run. I hope it stays like this forever. 🙂

After my shower I refueled with a big bowl of cereal for breakfast.

IMG_1335

• 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • 2/3 cup Multigrain Cheerios
  • 1/3 cup Pumpkin Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Almond Butter
  • 1 Plum

IMG_1339

Nothing like a big bowl of cereal to start the week off right with. 😉

IMG_1336

Fashion Face Off

Did you watch the Oscars last night? Who did you think were the best and worst dresses?

I personally loved Helen Mirren and Anna Kendrick

59837617 59836650

But, wasn’t too sure of Sarah Jessica Parker and Diane Kruger

Actress Sarah Jessica Parker arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy 59837275

Also, what was up with Kathy Ireland in the pre-show? She reminded me of a robotic plastic barbie doll. Just sayin’

1 Kristina @MendonPondMusings March 8, 2010 at 10:01 am

Seriously! Kathy Ireland seemed doped up, I mean I’m just saying… I liked Rachel McAdams – hair, makeup and dress – all exquisite.

2 britchickruns March 8, 2010 at 10:06 am

Arghg I haven’t seen the Oscars (it was on a random channel at 3am here!!) – I can’t wait to see the magazines tomorrow to see the dresses 😀 SJP does look a bit odd…surprising!
Great bowl of cereal there, looks delish! Have a good day 🙂

3 theprocessofhealing March 8, 2010 at 10:28 am

I actually liked Sarah Jessica Parker’s dress. It’s kinda odd but it looks amazing on her!

4 courtlove111 March 8, 2010 at 10:30 am

I want to be Sandra Bullock when I grow up…she looked flawless! Can’t believe she is 45….stunning.
Courtney
adventures in tri-ing

5 amica82 March 8, 2010 at 10:31 am

I loved Sandra Bullock’s and Anna Kendrick’s dresses. Both looked really good!

6 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 8, 2010 at 10:44 am

I loved Anna Kendrick. I thought Mo’Nique looked great in that blue colour!

I loved loved loved the dress that the chick from Up in the Air was wearing. With all the ruffles and stuff! So Cool!

7 Shannon (The Daily Balance) March 8, 2010 at 10:52 am

Kathy Ireland was a hot mess! The Mister and I couldn’t stop laughing at her over-animated gestures — so cheesy!

I really loved Sandra Bullock — but I agree, anna kendrick (and helen!) was STUNNING 😉

8 sweetandsweat March 8, 2010 at 10:53 am

Anna Kendrick’s dress is beautiful!

9 Kate March 8, 2010 at 10:57 am

I adored Anna Kendrick, Rachel McAdams, Sandra Bullock and Vera Farmiga even though her dress was huge!

10 meyergirl March 8, 2010 at 10:59 am

Dude! I totally thought the same thing about Kathy Ireland. She seemed scared to move!

11 biz319 March 8, 2010 at 11:09 am

I only watched bits and pieces of it. So jealous of your swim tonight – that’s one thing I miss about my new gym – no pool! 🙁

12 mollys091 March 8, 2010 at 11:11 am

I loved Demi Moore’s dress!

13 runningwithforksandspoons March 8, 2010 at 11:15 am

I agree! I also thought that Kate Winslet looked gorgeous…as usual.

14 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self March 8, 2010 at 11:18 am

I generally like that Sarah Jessica Parker tries to step outside of the box, but this dress just wasn’t working.

15 Brea March 8, 2010 at 11:22 am

LOL…I was thinking the same thing about Kathy Ireland. I think she was trying to look thin on camera (not that she isn’t)…but instead she looked very odd and made me feel a little uncomfortable, lol!

16 Neely March 8, 2010 at 11:28 am

Dresses! Oh my…

Best – Queen Latifah, Helen Mirren, Vera Farmiga and Diane Kruger (best! although I realize not a popular choice)

Worst – Zoe Saldana, Elizabeth Banks (the dress made boobs disappear), Amanda Seyfried (was she getting married?), Demi Moore (looked like a flesh eating skin disease), Mariah Carey (just atrocious)

17 Nicci March 8, 2010 at 11:30 am

I loved Sandra Bullocks dress, it was stunning. I’m still trying to figure out what was up with Kathy G. too.

18 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 8, 2010 at 11:34 am

the weekend completely passed me by! i didn’t get a chance to watch the oscars, but i actually really liked SJP’s dress…different and gorgeous!

19 Kristen March 8, 2010 at 11:40 am

hahahaha my mom and I were making fun of Kathy Ireland the whole time, I think her dress was too tight…cut off oxygen to her brain maybe? :p

20 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 8, 2010 at 11:51 am

I really didn’t like SJP’s dress….I just didn’t get it!

21 runningwithsass March 8, 2010 at 12:04 pm

did NOT like SJP’s dress. I like classic traditional beautiful dresses best!

22 tramey1 March 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I am officially moving to Florida just so that I do NOT have to be a Winter Running WUSS anymore. I am jealous of the temps. 🙁

23 Gwen March 8, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I thought Sanda Bullock looked STUNNING and so classic! I also LOVED Queen Latifah’s pink dress. I didn’t like the flower in Mo’Nique’s hair. It didn’t fit the occassion for me. SADLY my DVR stopped recordning before the very end! Fooey!

24 NYCRunnerGirl March 8, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I thought Sandra Bullock looked incredible, and I was so happy for her. I really liked Anna Kendrick’s look also.

Totally agree with you about time flying, how is it monday already?

25 Emily March 8, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I liked SJP’s dress. She has such fabulous shoulders and the dress showed them off. I also thought Monique looked great – I thought there were too many blah colors in general and the blue stood out. Helen Miren did look stunning.
I hated Charleze Theron’s dress.

26 Lauren March 8, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I thought Sandra Bullock and Maggie Gyllenhaal both looked gorgeous. I really liked Cameron Diaz’s dress too. Monique also looked lovely, and Helen Mirren is just outstanding!

Apparently, I liked everyone 😉 Including Sarah Jessica Parker! Not a fan of her tan, but her dress was really unique and flattering, IMO.

I unfortunately did not like Penelope Cruz’s dress at all. She is so gorgeous, and the dress just really didn’t do anything for her. I think it was too structured in the bodice or something?

27 Evan Thomas March 8, 2010 at 12:48 pm

SJP looked to me like an Egyptian Hyrogliphic statue–not very sexy

28 Anne P March 8, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Agreed on SJP. Totally not flattering! Also, I hope I’m as hot as Helen Mirren when I’m her age. 😉

29 Lauren March 8, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Kathy Ireland was HORRIBLE! I couldn’t even watch it, it was so bad. And Sarah Jessica Parker looked like an Oompa Loompa -She was orange!

30 Abby March 8, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Kathy Ireland was like a train wreck..so horrible but I couldn’t look away!

31 Amanda @ Cakes and Ale March 8, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Helen Mirrin always looks fantastic, doesn’t she? We should all be so lucky!

As for Anna, hmm… I think the dress is a little too flesh colored for my liking! My favorites were Cameron Diaz and Penelope Cruz!

32 Sarah March 8, 2010 at 2:33 pm

I had to turn off Kathy Ireland every time she came on…I just could not take her!! I also thought Sandra Bullock looked great although I wasn’t crazy about her hair.

33 Becky March 8, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Kathy Ireland! OMG. I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt like she was a mess! What was up with that? Thank god for Steve and Alec!

34 dianacheung March 8, 2010 at 9:26 pm

i’ve gotten dates wrong but a week ahead?! 🙂 Nice on the job lunch though.

35 shelly March 8, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I love Sandra Bullocks dress. I thought it was stunning.

36 livelifeeatright March 9, 2010 at 8:04 am

That bowl of cereal looks to die for!!