My Day of Fun

by Meghann on March 6, 2010

What a day!

Derek and I left my apartment at 10:00 am this morning and headed to the Disney Princess Expo to pick up our volunteer credentials for tomorrow morning.

There is nothing like the spirit of a race expo to get a person in the racing mood; even when the person isn’t even planning on racing.

Everyone just looked so excited picking up their bib and swag bag. I wanted one of my own! I think I may have a slight racing addiction. ;)

At least I was still able to check out all the great booths whether I was running or not.

This one booth in particular caught my attention

I stood and spoke with the owner of Lift Your Sole for a good while just going on and on about how much I loved her products.

She carried a line of running themed charms, necklaces, keychains, drink koozies, etc.

She even had great shirts with inspiring messages

Everything was adorable and really great quality. The owner sent me home with a couple of items to review for my blog – all of which I a very excited about! If you want to see for yourself all the great things she has to offer head to www.liftyoursole.com

Of course we weren’t there just to shop.

We were on a mission!

Can you tell Derek is excited about our 4:45am report time tomorrow morning?

If you’re running the Princess Half tomorrow look for Derek and I on World Drive! I’m not sure what side of the road we’ll be on or which miles, but I do plan to have a big bright pink sign that says ‘Run Princess Bloggers, Run! Luv Meghann & Derek’

After the Expo Derek and I had to book it to Pizza Fusion for lunch.

Quite a few bloggers and readers are in town this weekend for the Princess half tomorrow which could only mean one thing – blogger meet up!

Lindsey did an amazing job organizing this afternoon’s meet up. I believe the first e-mail was sent out two months ago? I can’t believe the event has already came and went. So sad, but such a great time!

We had two tables full of lovely, smiling faces and an atmosphere full of love and laughter.

Recognize everyone? ;)

Derek and I began with a Pear & Gorgonzola Salad.

My plate.

We also shared a large Farmer’s Market pizza with goat cheese instead of mozzarella.

My plate x2

I love Pizza Fusions’ crust. Its thin, crispy and perfect in every way.

I left the meet up full of goodies!

Lindsey’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

And Ryan’s Raw Macaroons!

I saved both for when I got home and just had a sample of each. Me like. ;) Thanks ladies!!

Good luck to everyone running the Princess Half tomorrow! You ladies are going to ROCK IT!

After lunch Caitlin and I gave the ladies a tour of our Chevy Traverses.

Just how many bloggers can you fit in a traverse?

Where to next?

I know! Menchies!!

Self Serve Frozen Yogurt Baby!!

I had a little bit of everything and topped it with any chocolate topping available.

Next up Anne P, Kelly, and I took the Chevy Traverse on a little shopping spree sponsored by Chevy Southern Dealers.

Hello, Mall of Millennia!

The best part of the day had to be trying on crazy prom dresses.

When did the 80s come back in style?

I promise we didn’t purchase any of those dresses, but we did manage to do some damage. ;)

We finished our day at Whole Foods, where the hot bar was calling our name for dinner.

I can’t believe its almost 10:30! Derek and I have to be at Epcot tomorrow morning at 4:45am! Yikes! I guess that means we need to get to bed!

Can’t wait to cheer on all the Princesses who will be running their hearts out in the morning.

Good Night!!

1 theprocessofhealing March 6, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Wow girl, what a day!!! I love frozen yogurt and I love my local place but it does not even compare to Menchis!! Jealous!
The blogger meet up looks so fun and I lurve the dresses ha! Especially the red dress that Kelly is wearing.. wow. Right out of the 80s for sure…

2 Dori March 6, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Fun day! I want self serve fro yo!! I need to have fun with toppings like that. Those prom dresses are hilarious.

3 healthy ashley March 6, 2010 at 11:52 pm

You had such a fun day! Love the dresses :)

I had WF hot bar for dinner too!

Can’t wait to see you tomorrow!

4 Katy @ These Beautiful Feet March 6, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Oh my gosh, wish you girls would have kidnapped me, looks like I missed out on the best part of the day! 80′s prom time! Love it, you girls are awesome. It was so great seeing you today! Fro-yo date soon??

5 Courtney March 6, 2010 at 11:58 pm

I wi8sh they had self-serve yogurt near me!! I guess it’s just too cold up here. :/ Y’all look cute in your dresses! I just bought mine (for.. actual prom) and I’m so excited!!

6 Erica March 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

Looks like your having a great time out there. What a an amazing turnout for your blogger meetup.

Have fun cheering your heart out tomorrow.

7 Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 7, 2010 at 12:04 am

I absolutely LOVE going and trying on fun dresses like that! I hate that the ’80s are back…they were bad the first time around! You reminded me, I have some shopping to do at C&B soon. Have a blast tomorrow!

8 missyrayn March 7, 2010 at 12:11 am

Such a busy day and I’m sure tomorrow will be even busier.

9 TorontoGirloutWest March 7, 2010 at 12:11 am

You girlies in Florida have such a blast together! Us Rocky Mountain bloggers are quite a bit more isolated! lol

Although I did meet my first blogger when I was in Vancouver for the Olympics. Funny thing is it felt like we had been friends forever. I’m looking forwards to more meet-ups in the future! :)

Have fun tomorrow!!!!

10 Jenna March 7, 2010 at 12:22 am

Great day!!

11 Gabriela (froyolover) March 7, 2010 at 12:23 am

WOW!
Looks like you´ve had quite a day…
Lovely pics!
Loved the t-shirts at the race expo..
I´m sure it´s gonna be a great event!
Good luck on waking up so early tomorrow! ;)
Have an amazing Sunday, Meghann!
Brazilian XOXO´s,
Gabriela

12 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 7, 2010 at 12:31 am

Gawsh everything is so cute from the tshirts at the expo to your dresses in the fitting room. Have a blast tomorrow volunteering.

PS I was notified that there is a self serve froyo place near me–totally thought of you and your Orlando froyo madness!

13 Heather March 7, 2010 at 12:32 am

you ladies look like you had the best time…what a fun crew to meet up with! hope y’all have a great time watching the princess half tomorrow :)

14 caronae March 7, 2010 at 1:25 am

Sounds like a lovely day. Your skirt is adorable, btw! When I was in hs I used to love trying on pretty dressed with girlfriends; that has to be one of the greatest weekend activities of all time!

Have fun tomorrow!

15 Run Sarah March 7, 2010 at 3:05 am

What a fun meet up – I love flat bread pizzas! Those prom dresses are hilarious too – SO eighties.

16 britchickruns March 7, 2010 at 3:46 am

That looks like such a great day!! I love trying on stupid dresses, I used to do it al the time :D ooh and love that punning shop – ‘a fit woman is a powerful woman’ is an awesome, awesome quote!
Hehe it’s funny seeing other bloggers I read all together..it makes the world seem such a small place!
Have fun at the Half today :)

17 christie @ honoring health March 7, 2010 at 8:20 am

What a fun day! I love the pictures of you guys in those dresses!!

18 LindsayRuns March 7, 2010 at 8:20 am

Looks like you had an awesome day! I hope you are doing well right now on your sleep deprivedness!

19 Can You Stay for Dinner March 7, 2010 at 8:52 am

Love you day!! It looks like such a fun time with all the other bloggers! Good luck volunteering today!

20 shelly March 7, 2010 at 9:07 am

I am interested in the Will Run For Wine tshirts. Was that the same company?

21 jentrinque March 7, 2010 at 9:40 am

What, no picture of Derek in a prom dress? :)

22 runningwithsass March 7, 2010 at 10:04 am

I can’t wait to hear about princess! your expo pics make me miss the disney half!

23 christina cadden March 7, 2010 at 10:05 am

What a fun day!

24 NYCRunnerGirl March 7, 2010 at 10:07 am

Looks like a fun day! The funny thing is, as ridiculous as those dresses are, you guys look adorable!

25 Kayla March 7, 2010 at 10:10 am

That red dress on Kelly kills me! lol.
Looks like you guys had a blast. I’ve been to that mall before, I love it.
Oh and when I saw Caitlin’s post yesterday I didn’t see you in the group pic at first, until I looked for those boots :)

26 Matt March 7, 2010 at 10:19 am

Have fun tomorrow! Did Derek enjoy the shopping? ;)

27 dianacheung March 7, 2010 at 10:31 am

first of all cute outfit! second of all, your sister is sooo gorgeous! Does she have a blog or model? BTW I love how Derek is volunteering at the marathon with you…totally HIS idea I’m sure.

28 A Running Kentucky Filly March 7, 2010 at 10:31 am

I need that “It’s not fat it’s fuel shirt” :) Good luck to all the girls running in the race!

29 Amy @ Second City Randomness March 7, 2010 at 10:41 am

Is it sad that I am 6 years out of high school, but can still look at prom dresses like that and go “my mom would never let me wear that”? Oh geez… I swear she lives in my head!

30 Heather March 7, 2010 at 10:45 am

What a fun day!!! Seriously what’s up with the 80s prom style?! Wow. Sounds like a fun event to volunteer at!

31 Michelle @ G(Y)G March 7, 2010 at 10:56 am

I have yet to experience the self-serve frozen yogurt. I’m so jealous that you have them around you! I spend my time split between DE and NJ and I gotta tell you, they are behind on this trend!!

P.S. The pictures from the dressing room are hilarious :)

32 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) March 7, 2010 at 11:11 am

Sounds like a fun fun day! I can’t wait to read about your experience volunteering!

33 Kristen March 7, 2010 at 11:29 am

I saw you and your “Run Blogger Run” sign at the race today and it make me smile. Thanks for volunteering!!!! :)

34 Rachel March 7, 2010 at 11:38 am

That sounds like a great day! I can’t believe how much you crammed into less than 24 hours :) Hope you are doing well at the race this morning. That is an early wake up call!

35 inmytummy March 7, 2010 at 12:04 pm

OMG those dresses totally made my day.

36 Beth @ fatbustermack March 7, 2010 at 12:34 pm

That looks like so much fun! of course 4:45 does NOT look like fun. Good luck!

37 Brittany March 7, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Oh man, you definitely did have a day of good times!! The dressing room prom dress photos remind me of high school. I used to love doing dressing room photo opts with my girls. So fun.

Best of luck for the race today lady!

38 Ashley March 7, 2010 at 12:58 pm

Oh gosh you guys look like a blast to hang out with! Maybe next Princess I’ll kick my butt in gear and run with my mom. She’s probably kickin ass and taking names right now down there!

39 Molly March 7, 2010 at 2:51 pm

you girls are gorgeous :)

xo-Molly

40 meyergirl March 8, 2010 at 9:38 am

Sounds like a wonderful day!! Looking at your pictures made me freak out a little b/c my camera is broken and I have to races to run this next two weekends. :( What to do!?

41 Caroline March 11, 2010 at 8:00 pm

It was great meeting you Saturday! I saw you and Derek at the race, but you were taking a picture of someone ahead of me and I couldn’t catch your eye in time. I’m wishing I’d gone to Menchies with you guys! I didn’t realize it was self serve!