more ยป" />

BBQ Chick'n Nachos

by Meghann on March 5, 2010

Poor Derek left Tampa at 4:00 pm today and didn’t make it to Orlando until after 7:00!

That’s nearly double the time it should have taken him to get here!

Being the gracious girlfriend that I am, I made sure to have a bottle of his favorite red on hand to console him when he arrived.

I think that made him feel better. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wasn’t feeling the wine tonight, but I did I have an odd craving for a beer. While I was picking up the wine for Derek I picked up some Sam Adams for myself.

Very refreshing.

You know what goes well with beer?

Homemade BBQ Chick’n Nachos to be exact. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I started with a layer of blue corn chips

Topped with a mix of Naked Quorn Chick’n Tenders, BBQ Sauce, Chickpeas, left over Barley, and Banana Peppers.

No nachos would be complete with out some cheese.

I baked the layers at 415 for 10 minutes.

The nachos hot out of the oven looked and smelled delicious!

We had a simple toppings bar set up so that Derek and I could pick and choose how we wanted to finish out nachos off.

I went with generous handfuls of okra, tomato, olives, avocado, and a dollop of plain yogurt.

The homemade nachos were amazing. They tasted just as great as a greasy plate of nachos found at any restaurant, only slightly these were slightly better for you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

While I was at the store picking up the wine and beer for tonight, I noticed Edy’s was BOGO. I got Derek his favorite double chocolate chunk and picked up the Girl Scouts Thin Mint for myself.

Talk about yum! This ice cream was dangerously reminiscent of my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I had a serving after dinner with two thin mints.

Sad News..

My 50mm lens totally hit the dust tonight. ๐Ÿ™ Does anyone have an extra one lying around that I could take off of their hands? Anyone? ๐Ÿ™

1 adaywithoutapples March 5, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Girl scout cookie ice cream = danger!! I admire your self control. I was amazed how long you made ice cream last with the peppermint/egg nog!! Ice cream in our freezer is gone within a few days – that’s for two of us granted, but still!

2 Runeatrepeat March 5, 2010 at 11:51 pm

He totally deserves that wine! I hate bad traffic ๐Ÿ™

3 sara b March 5, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I am a total lurker of your blog, and love it… your thin mint ice cream reminded me of my dessert tonight. I had a small container of plain oikos, mixed in one packet of stevia and crushed two thin mint cookies that I stirred in- it was delish! Your nachos looked yummy too.

4 Lo-Jo March 5, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Yummmmmmmmmm to all of it. Totally could go for ice cream now!

5 thewhatkateateblog March 6, 2010 at 1:13 am

ah it is girl scout cookie time of the year again isnt it! need to get my hands on some asap!

6 Emilyeatsclean March 6, 2010 at 2:21 am

Girl Scout cookie icecream……are you SERIOUS?!?!? I would eat the whole container in one sitting! I looove thin mints straight out of the freezer, but with icecream, I bet they are truely too-die-for!!

7 Jill March 6, 2010 at 2:38 am

Wow! Those nachos look awesome! My hubby will love them…thanks for the great idea. I love how Quorn chik’n tastes so much like the real thing!!

8 caronae March 6, 2010 at 2:45 am

You’ve officially made me want nachos. Which is really saying something, because I don’t even like chips!
Happy weekend Meghann!

9 britchickruns March 6, 2010 at 4:03 am

Beautiful meal ๐Ÿ˜€ I’ve never had nachos but I want some now! Poor Derek, he’s lucky he has such a good girlfriend ๐Ÿ™‚

10 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self March 6, 2010 at 7:35 am

Thin Mint ice cream + actual Thin Mints = Heaven in a Bowl! ๐Ÿ™‚

11 NYCRunnerGirl March 6, 2010 at 7:49 am

You and Derek are so cute!

The nachos look great, I’m going just going to have to try them out for myself. I would love Girl Scouts ice cream, especially in a samoas flavor!

12 Becky March 6, 2010 at 7:55 am

I saw that ice cream at the store this week – and it made me think of you! I thought, “I bet that’ll make an appearance on Inner Workings…” LOL – looks yummy!

13 christie @ honoring health March 6, 2010 at 8:24 am

Those nachos look great. Sorry about your lens ๐Ÿ™

14 Amy @ Second City Randomness March 6, 2010 at 8:56 am

Where do you get that bbq sauce from? It looks so good on everything!

15 Jenna March 6, 2010 at 9:01 am

Yummy dinn and dessert!

16 Can You Stay for Dinner March 6, 2010 at 9:07 am

Awww it looks like such an awesome night with Derek! Glad he made it safe and sound, despite terrible traffic! Have a wonderful weekend, Meghann!

17 Heather March 6, 2010 at 9:25 am

Ugh nothing worse than a super long drive! Way to be a good girlfriend and greet him with wine & nachos–yum!

18 jentrinque March 6, 2010 at 9:52 am

Derek is so sweet! And you’re sweet for having wine and chocolate ice cream for him, not to mention a delicious looking dinner. Sorry about your lens!

19 runningwithsass March 6, 2010 at 10:04 am

oh my goodness I didn’t know they had thin mint ice cream! This could be very, very bad.

20 dianacheung March 6, 2010 at 10:33 am

i love how derek eats the healthy yumminess you cook up. BTW girl scout cookies are invading my life on a daily basis lately! ahhh!

21 teneightsixfour March 6, 2010 at 10:37 am

I love Sam Adams. A good beer is the best cure for a stressful work week!

22 theprocessofhealing March 6, 2010 at 10:45 am

Girl, you totally just gave me a craving for homemade nachos ๐Ÿ™‚

And I MUST look for that ice cream, STAT!

23 Jes March 6, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Reading your blog makes me hungry! I think those nachos look delicious! And the girl scout cookie ice cream too!

24 kristilyn March 6, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Those nachos look great! I would never have thought to put BBQ sauce on them. That sucks about Derek’s ride up! At least he had a great glass of wine ready. ๐Ÿ™‚