more ยป" />

A Business Lunch

by Meghann on March 4, 2010

Apparently eating breakfast at 6:00am means youโ€™re starving by 9:30am. Just an FYI in case you are curious. ๐Ÿ˜‰

At least that was the case for myself this morning. I had an idea that would happen so I packed an extra filling, extra large apple as my mid-morning snack.

IMG_0944

This picture does the apple no justice โ€“ it was nearly as big as my head. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The fiber-ful snack was just what I needed to keep my hunger pains at bay until my lunch meeting with a new vendor at Infusion Tea.

The past couple of weeks I have been receiving bids from different vendors for some new giveaways my company is looking at doing. I was very pleased with how the meeting went today and have my fingers crossed that weโ€™ve found what we are looking for.

As it was a business meeting I didnโ€™t want to spend too much time snapping photos, so you will have to forgive the slightly blurry photo of my lunch.

IMG_0948

I ordered the lunch combo today as usual, but decided to switch it up with some new items.

Instead of the tempeh chili I ordered the Split Pea Coconut Soup.

IMG_0949

The soup was delicious. The coconut milk made the soup extra creamy and delicious without adding too heavy of a coconut flavor. I also enjoyed the large pieces of spinach and carrot in each spoonful.

And instead of my favorite cocorde wrap I ordered the mediterean sandwich which contained pesto cream cheese, tomato spread, spinach, and roasted eggplant.

IMG_0950

The aroma of the tomato and roasted eggplant immediately filled the air as soon as this sandwich was placed in front of me. It reminded me of an eggplant parmesan sandwich only not as heavy or greasy.

The vegan cupcakes caught out eyes, so my associate and I decided to split a couple.

IMG_0947

IMG_0951

The almond joy was disappointing compared to the pumpkin. The chocolate cupcake was dry, but at least the icing was still tasty.

IMG_0952

FYI: I was very up front and honest about my food blog with my associate. I even gave her a business card and invited her to check the blog out. (Hi Lora!)

Need something to do?

Head over to the Girlfriend Getaway Orlando site and find out why I believe keyless entry rocks! While youโ€™re there feel free to vote for me as your favorite โ€˜Chevy Girl on the Goโ€™ Blogger. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Heather March 4, 2010 at 3:36 pm

that sandwich sounds absolutely wonderful! so many times mediterranean sandwiches all have the same ingredients…hummus, tomato, cucumber…and those are all great, but this one just kinda sounds like it trumps them all ๐Ÿ™‚ glad you had a great lunch!

2 Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) March 4, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Hooray for cupcakes! A mid-week treat helps make the day more special ๐Ÿ™‚

3 britchickruns March 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm

The whole lunch you had looks and sounds AMAZING! It seems like in America, getting hold of vegan food is really easy – you’d never see a store selling vegan cupcakes over here! All the more reason to visit the US I reckon :p

4 Heather March 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm

The idea of cinnamon icing on a pumpkin cupcake is making me drool ๐Ÿ™‚

5 NYCRunnerGirl March 4, 2010 at 3:46 pm

I could really go for a cupcake work break right now!

6 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 4, 2010 at 3:54 pm

That sounds like a delicious soup! Jealous that you get to go to such a fun place on a work lunch ๐Ÿ˜‰

7 meyergirl March 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I have a mix for Pumpkin Spice cookies that I’ve been holding on to for a while. Might be time to remedy that.

8 Tracey March 4, 2010 at 4:02 pm

OMG…those cupcakes look A-mazing. The pumpkin one sounds delicious. The last couple days I’ve been craving cake and these pictures have pushed me over the edge. I think I’m going to have to bake a little something tonight!

9 Molly March 4, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Ive had to change the way I eat because of that same problem! I eat every three hours or otherwise Im STARVING!
That cupcake has my name written all over it. Pumpkin, chocolate AND cinnamon. Sign me up!

Happy Thursday girly!

xo-Molly

10 Amy @ Second City Randomness March 4, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I saw the first picture of the cupcake display and said to myself, “oh man, that almond joy cupcake looks heavenly.” Sad to hear it was not so much… ๐Ÿ™

I’m making it my mission to bake an almond joy cupcake creation of my own!

11 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 4, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Being open is the way to go. If you act like it’s 100% normal, they’ll think it is too ๐Ÿ™‚

You’ve got me brainstorming cupcakes to bake over spring break!

12 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 4, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Ooh, that soup sounds good! I love anything with coconut milk ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Matt March 4, 2010 at 5:00 pm

That is a delicious looking lunch!

14 jentrinque March 4, 2010 at 5:19 pm

I think you food bloggers are so brave…I would have a really hard time snapping pics of my food in front of people and telling them what I’m doing! Yet I have no problem telling people I lived in a tent for a summer when I was 22. Or talking about poop. Oh well.

15 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 4, 2010 at 5:19 pm

What an amazing looking lunch….LOVE IT!!!!

16 Evan Thomas March 4, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Ah the almond joy sounds so good! Shame it was dry

17 Such a blessed life March 4, 2010 at 5:52 pm
18 Erin March 4, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Wow, you have so much delicious food lately. That looks awesome!

19 christina cadden March 4, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing!

20 thewhatkateateblog March 4, 2010 at 8:05 pm

those cupcakes look so good! im a sucker for anything coconut!

21 theprocessofhealing March 4, 2010 at 9:05 pm

The pumpkin cupcake sounds out of this world!!!!

22 BSM March 4, 2010 at 9:59 pm

“The pumpkin chocolate chip cupcake with cinnamon icing was amazing. It was very moist and the cinnamon icing complimented the pumpkin cupcake wonderfully.”

Just a friendly FYI / grammar note:
it should be “complemented” – spelled with two E’s – for this use of the word. Complimented with an I means to make an admiring remark. To mean something that completes / makes perfect – like your icing on your cupcake – use “complemented.”

23 feetinmotion March 4, 2010 at 10:04 pm

That cupcake looks yummy!! Dry or not it looks good haha

24 Kyle March 5, 2010 at 1:16 pm

I TOTALLY agree on the eating breakfast early = hungry by 10:30 idea. I am constantly in that boat!

Mmm, those cupcakes look delicious.