Running Late

by Meghann on March 3, 2010

Good Morning!

Was anyone else running late this morning? Just me?

I got up on time, did my Core Fusion Body Sculpt DVD (review found here), quickly showered, and realized I had a few minutes to spare. That was when I made the rookie mistake of sitting at my computer and trying to finish last minute edits on my Gasparilla video (coming soon!).

Twenty minutes later it was nearing 7:40 and I still wasn’t dressed, made breakfast, or dried my hair. Ooppss…

I had to master the skills of multi-tasking this morning as I attempted to eat, dry hair, and get dressed all at once. Now my outfit doesn’t exactly match and my hair is shoved in a ponytail, but at least my belly is happy and I was only 10 minutes late to work.

Go Me!

I had a special breakfast in mind, but with my lack of time I went regular cereal instead.

IMG_0852

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean
  • 1/2 cup Meghann’s Fruity Crunch (the last of the container 🙁 )
  • 1/4 cup Peanut Butter Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Strawberry Preserves
  • Strawberries

IMG_0854

All consumed while standing up. I think that was a first for me! 😉

Official Gasparilla Photos!!

Pigs are flying! I actually got some decent photos from the marathon on Sunday!

GASP1 Gasp2

I think there had to be over a dozen photographers along the course, I was crossing my fingers for a good one. 😉

Gasp7 Gasp8

These are for you, Ashley!

Gasp3 Gasp5

LOVE this one! lol

Gasp4

I really didn’t have any from the 15k or 5k on Saturday, but I did find this great one of Melissa and I at the end of the 5k in the rain and cold. Love it. . 🙂

Gasp

Derek got a pretty bad ass photo for his first 15k.

Derek1

Doesn’t he look hardcore? 🙂

iHerb.com $50 Shopping Spree Winner…

March 2, 2010 at 5:54 pm

veggiebooty

In describing your feelings (pre-shopping spree) about brown rice syrup, you perfectly explained why I have yet to try stevia. So, if I won, this would be the obvious choice! ;-)

Congrats!

Send me an e-mail at graduatemeghann@gmail.com so you can start shopping!

Don’t forget you can still head to iherb.com and use the code FAN462 to save $5 on any purchases you make

1 poiseinparma March 3, 2010 at 10:18 am

what fantastic race photos. Derek’s photo is quite fierce! I’m quite jealous of your FL sunshine in your breakfast photos 🙂

2 Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete March 3, 2010 at 10:18 am

You are so lucky about the photos! You look great! I usually look like I’m about ready to faint or fall over and die! Or they get me when I’m eating, and no one wants to see that!

3 Fit Chick in the City March 3, 2010 at 10:18 am

You always have such great race photos! Mine are always of me making some sort of strange face.

4 Melissa S. March 3, 2010 at 10:19 am

broohaha!!! I love our rain ridden photo!!! So much fun…

And I can’t see the photo after the first two pics you posted with ashley in them…maybe i’ll be able to see it later. 🙂

All your photos look freak’n awesome!!! I bet, if i ever get them, my 15k pics are gonna look bleck.

5 megan March 3, 2010 at 10:20 am

great pictures! 🙂

i was late this morning too. but it was because i stayed up too late last night watching the bachelor on hulu

6 theprocessofhealing March 3, 2010 at 10:23 am

I hate mornings like that! And breakfast standing up.. no fun. But yours looks so refreshing and yummy!

Awesome pictures! I don’t know how you do it. I don’t even WANT to know what kinda awesome facial expression I have when I run haha

7 Paula March 3, 2010 at 10:28 am

Those are GREAT photos of all of you!

8 Ashley March 3, 2010 at 10:35 am

Wow, your photos turned out great! I ran a 5K in February and there was a professional photographer there, and my photos turned out pretty decent except that my shirt pulled up as I was crossing the finish line (by myself, at the back of the pack, so there were multiple photos of this), and let us just say that I am neither as trim nor as tan as you are.

I was running late this morning, too…slept in a little since The Biggest Loser kept me up past my bedtime last night. 8)

9 Can You Stay for Dinner March 3, 2010 at 10:36 am

Wonderful race photos!! You look so happy in all of them!
And your breakfast bowl looks especially sunny and delicious this morning! I just love how refreshing cereal and yogurt with fruit can be. Hope you have a great day!

10 britchickruns March 3, 2010 at 10:38 am

Haha, funny you were late today – both me and my friend had manic rushes to get to uni on time!! I think it’s one of those days…
Great photos! I can’t wait for my marathon, I hope mine are just as good 🙂
Derek’s one is brilliant!

11 skinnyrunner March 3, 2010 at 10:42 am

you got a ton of good photos! the marathon course looks gorgeous.

12 runningaroundnormal March 3, 2010 at 10:50 am

Awesome race photos! Especially for a marathon! 😀 You look great, Meghann!

13 Heather March 3, 2010 at 10:51 am

Wow you did get good photos!! I’ve never ever gotten a good one–just ones that make me laugh hysterically haha

14 Evan Thomas March 3, 2010 at 10:56 am

I love that feeling from “I’m going to be late!” to “I just made it in time. Rock on, me”

15 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 3, 2010 at 10:56 am

Those photos are great!! I love how you’re smiling in them–I’d probably be cursing the ground or something haha.

Taking photos of food is always more important than getting ready for work. Always.

16 Kelly March 3, 2010 at 10:59 am

Totally was running late. I just cant’ drag myself out of bed in the morning. Your race photos are awesome!

17 Megan (The Runner's Kitchen) March 3, 2010 at 11:03 am

Your breakfast bowl looks yummy! Have you ever thought about eating lunch at your desk when you get to work? That could save some time in the morning!

18 Meghann March 3, 2010 at 11:07 am

I considered it, but then realized packing my breakfast up to-go would take longer than preparing it and eating it at my apartment.

19 Kara (@ Kara's Marathon) March 3, 2010 at 11:10 am

I can’t believe how happy you look in those marathon photos after running 20K the day before! 🙂 Also, where do you keep your camera when you run?

Awesome action shot, Derek!

20 Meghann March 3, 2010 at 11:11 am

The flip cam was in a pouch on my arm and the other camera was in the pocket on the front of the shirt

21 NYCRunnerGirl March 3, 2010 at 11:16 am

It’s not just you – I left my apt on time this morning, but subway problems caused me to be late. Grrr!

22 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 3, 2010 at 11:25 am

Love the pictures!

23 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 3, 2010 at 11:28 am

your photos turned out GREAT!!! you and derek both look (and actually are) hardcore!

24 darkchocolatekisses March 3, 2010 at 11:53 am

Do you measure your cereal because you count calories, or just because?

25 Meghann March 3, 2010 at 11:55 am

I meaure cereal to practice portion control. Cereal is the one thing I am awful at judging how much it is. I still get heavy handed with my 1/2 cup measuring cup.

26 Crystal March 3, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I had no idea that there were photographers while you ran the race! I’d be late for work too, just browsing through all those pictures!

27 biz319 March 3, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Love all the pics Meghann! I had a very productive morning! I blogged, made lasagna for dinner, made my breakfast and lunch, showered – all in 1 hour! 😀

It helps that I am low maintenance and a pony tail girl too! 😀

28 Matt March 3, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Haha I was a little late today too. At least class was canceled!

29 Karla March 3, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I was running super late today too!! Ahh!

You look fabulous in all those photos! I’m amazed at how you managed to run a marathon and look fabulous!

30 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 3, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Great pictures! I would probably look like I was dying or something. Those are model shots you got there

31 goodtastehealthyme March 3, 2010 at 1:29 pm

That is a pretty kickass photo of Derek! I know I would look like a total goofball in race photos.

32 Annie (Running with Forks and Spoons) March 3, 2010 at 1:42 pm

The pictures came out great! I don’t think it would be a physical possibility for me to be that smiley after running so much!

33 Jenna March 3, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Grest pics!!

34 rollerkoesterrun March 3, 2010 at 2:51 pm

WOW! You really did get some great ones! Dereks’ pic is def bad ass too!

~Christie http://rollerkoesterrun.wordpress.com/

35 Catherine March 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Love the race pics!! Haha you’re lucky or normally have a few of me with my mouth open and eyes closed thrown in there too 😉

I was totally running late this morning and then there were delays on my subway to work on top of it!!

36 Cara March 3, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Those are some hardcore shots! I love it! 🙂

37 christina cadden March 3, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Love the photos!

38 Emilyeatsclean March 3, 2010 at 10:09 pm

Running late in the mornings is the story of my life girl! I try to fit waaaay to many things in before heading out the door! Great race photos!

-emily http://www.emilyeatsclean.wordpress.com