Deleted, but not lost forever

by Meghann on March 1, 2010

Did you miss my Michelob Challenge recaps?!?

Last night I rediscovered just how awesome Twitter truly is.

After accidentally deleting the photos I had taken during my marathon while uploading them onto my computer, I had a slight panic attack. I immediately tweeted about the experience and was amazed when people started tweeting back that my photos were not lost forever.

A few tweets and program downloads later I was able to recover all my photos!! Apparently as long as you do dot overwrite the SD card by taking new photos, all the photos lost can be 100% recoverable.

I love learning new things. πŸ™‚

Unfortunately trying to recover the photos took a bit more time than anticipated and I ended not arriving home until close to 9:00. πŸ™

I stopped at Whole Foods on the way home and picked up a selection of hot bar items to enjoy in the comfort of my own living room.

IMG_0666

IMG_0667

And enjoyed a selection of Girl Scout Thin Mints and Godiva Chocolates for dessert.

IMG_0671

Then I realized I had left my laptop charger at Derek’s. He overnighted it this morning, but it looks like I will be computerless until it comes tomorrow morning. πŸ™

I took advantage of not being chain to my laptop and passed out as soon as I was done eating. πŸ™‚

It felt great to sleep in this morning. I was really, really surprised when I woke up and was not sore at all. Its a complete 180 from when I finished my first two marathons. Strange.

All I wanted was a big bowl of cereal for breakfast.

IMG_0683

• 1/2 cup Puffed Honey Wheat
  • 1/2 cup Kashi go lean
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Wheat
  • 1 container Peach Chobani
  • Fruit Salad Mix from Whole Foods
  • One Lucky Duck Cocoa Crispies

IMG_0676

I debated just putting 1/2 the fruit salad bowl in the cereal, but it all looked so good I went for the whole thing. Best decision I ever made. Yum.

My relaxing morning was just what I needed after a weekend of crazy shenanigans. Hopefully, I can enjoy a relaxing day at work too. πŸ™‚

1 britchickruns March 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hooray for the photo thing! I didn’t realise that, and I’m always accidently deleting stuff- so thank goodness they can be recovered!!
Love your chocolat dessert, you very very mucly deserved that πŸ™‚ And a restful night with no laptop too πŸ™‚
Have a good day!

2 megan March 1, 2010 at 9:38 am

congratulations on your races. I just read your recaps and I am so impressed. It sounds like you did an awesome job. I never plan on running a marathon, so it’s nice to vicariously have the experience πŸ™‚

3 NYCRunnerGirl March 1, 2010 at 9:56 am

I’m so glad that you were able to recover your photos – I would have been sad if we all missed getting to see them! Congrats again on an awesome racing weekend.

4 Sarah March 1, 2010 at 10:00 am

Congratulations for finishing your third marathon!!! Goodness…did you ever think you’d be using words like “great” & “easy” to describe your feelings about running a 26.2 miles?? I think you are amazing and I am so encouraged by your positive outlook and love for running. It’s always exciting when you see someone find a hobby they really enjoy. But having one that is so good for you is especially great to see. Congratulations again.

5 theprocessofhealing March 1, 2010 at 10:02 am

Wow that bowl looks SO darn good girl!!!
Congrats on not being sore!!! I only hope that I can do what you have done, such a major accomplishment girl! You rock!

That’s a good tip to know about the pictures. Isn’t twitter awesome!?

6 musingsofthegranolagirl March 1, 2010 at 10:06 am

That whole foods plate looks amazing!! & that’s awesome you figured out the photo problem through twitter πŸ™‚

7 Jenna March 1, 2010 at 10:12 am

Have a great Monday!

8 Sammie March 1, 2010 at 10:39 am

Congrats on an amazing race weekend!! You make running the marathon look so easy – which I am pretty sure it is not. Especially after running 2 other races the day before. You go girl!!
I just ran my first 1/2 marathon on Sunday and it was a blast. I seriously do not know if I could handle the full marathon.
I’ve deleted photos accidentally before but thankfully I am married to a very technically savvy man – he always saves the day.

9 Madeline - Greens and Jeans March 1, 2010 at 10:46 am

Computer things freak me out and I tend to have backups for my backups!

10 eaternotarunner March 1, 2010 at 11:19 am

I can’t believe you’re not sore at all, that’s awesome!

11 Heather March 1, 2010 at 11:22 am

That’s awesome you got the pictures back- who knew you could do that?!!

12 Can You Stay for Dinner March 1, 2010 at 11:30 am

Such an amazing weekend! Good for you for achieving all your goals!! Hope your Monday goes really well!

13 Abby March 1, 2010 at 11:30 am

Congrats!!! You are amazing! Such an inspiration!

14 Katie @ Health for the Whole Self March 1, 2010 at 11:43 am

You definitely deserve the relaxation!!! You rock, girl! πŸ™‚

15 Rachel @ Shedding It March 1, 2010 at 11:45 am

Ohhh how I love Twitter!!

Hitting up Whole Foods for a little a la carte dinner is one of my FAVE things to do! Except I always get so tempted and end up spending like…$20 on a salad. :-p

16 christina cadden March 1, 2010 at 11:55 am

Glad you could recover your photos!

17 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 1, 2010 at 11:56 am

that’s so awesome someone knew how to help! i’ve recently fallen in love with twitter…so addicting πŸ™‚ hope you have a wonderful monday!

18 Evan Thomas March 1, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Mmm Thin mints sound so good this time of year! I should cave and buy a box of Back To nature’s organic ones

19 Fit Chick in the City March 1, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Congrats on an amazing running weekend! As always thank you for sharing all of the details. I’ve sworn off marathon running, but your posts and enthusiasm really make me want to pick it back up.

20 Karla March 1, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Wow! That’s nice of Derek to overnight you your charger!!
I still haven’t gotten on the twitter wagon!

21 Crystal March 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm

After running those marathons, you deserve all that rest! That fruit salad looks amazing, btw! I haven’t had fruit salad in awhile.

22 Matt March 1, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Congrats again on an amazing weekend! You are my hero πŸ˜‰

23 biz319 March 1, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Glad you didn’t lose all your pictures!! And congrats on a great accomplishment this weekend! πŸ˜€

24 Christie @ Honoring Health March 1, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I saw all the tweets last night about the pics, glad you were able to recover them!

25 Paige@ Running Around Normal March 1, 2010 at 1:41 pm

That’s so awesome you recovered those pictures. I had no idea that was even possible! Hooray πŸ™‚
That big bowl of cereal looks so delicious and fresh!

26 Sarah (from See Sarah Eat) March 1, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Isn’t Twitter the best? I needed a substitute for arrowroot in a recipe and I got a response within minutes πŸ™‚

27 kristilyn March 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm

That’s awesome that you could recover all your photos! I would have been heartbroken if that happened.

Your platter from WF looks amazing!! As do the Girl Scout cookies. πŸ™‚

K

28 Beth March 1, 2010 at 1:47 pm

Hi! I just started reading your blog and i LOVE it. Congratulations on your challenge from this weekend – – I am AMAZED that you ran 3 races in 2 days! Incredible!!

29 Cat March 1, 2010 at 2:15 pm

That is truly impressive that you feel so good after all that running! You are obviously naturally built to be a runner — next you’ll have to take on an ultra-marathon and start REALLY getting crazy! You should do the North Face Challenge: http://www2.thenorthface.com/endurancechallenge/ I live in San Francisco and know people that have done it. The SF one takes place in Marin County and it is GORGEOUS!

30 tiffnie March 1, 2010 at 2:31 pm

whoa, I had no idea you could recover deleted photos from an SD card…could you explain how?!

and congrats on all your races…you really inspire me to be a better runner!!!

31 rebecca lustig March 1, 2010 at 2:39 pm

things I love
1. whole foods hot bar
2. thin mints
3. reading your blog πŸ™‚

Hope you are able to have a mindful Monday! (Yes, I’m loving alliterations)
bec xo